Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Is it just me or does the classic sonic look so.. obsolete.

Just watched that extended gameplay trailer, and to me it just doesn't look right. The same environment just to me looks silly.

I don't know.. Can't help but say the classic sonic is really just a marketing stunt. And i'm almost certain this is a way they can get out of making the huge levels they need to create for the modern sonic. Basically unleashed day levels, which I guess will be pretty good. Either way very anticipated.

Physics aren't looking the best on classic sonic either.. But i'll leave you lot to argue about that.

ps. That sonic 2006 trailer is so fucking awesome, makes me wanna cry.

Everything in this post is like the complete opposite of the way I feel. Though the Sonic 06 trailer does make me want to cry, but for much different reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or does the classic sonic look so.. obsolete.

You mean the gameplay or the character model?

Can't help but say the classic sonic is really just a marketing stunt.

You don't say.

youdonsay.png

And i'm almost certain this is a way they can get out of making the huge levels they need to create for the modern sonic.

Not really, since they're making two completely unique sets of levels for both Sonic's. If anything, taking the time to just make a bunch of Unleashed stages would've been just as costly.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, as of right now it's kind of jarring. I hope they smooth out the transition a little more.

I'm hoping that instead of speeding things up that in the final version they just add or take away instruments depending on whether you're boosting or not, like extra drums and stuff like that, without changing the tempo.

Edited by Inferno

I'm hoping that instead of speeding things up that in the final version they just add or take away instruments depending on whether you're boosting or not, like extra drums and stuff like that, without changing the tempo.

Or they could just let the player choose. That would work.

I think I'ma hold my breath on that. I don't think thier going to put in the extra effort just to phase out some music. I'm sure the final build will have it fleshed out.

Yeah, no. "Just let the player choose" is rarely a solution to anything. Something minor like this? It's not a worthwhile option.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am really surprised about those gameplay videos.

This game seems stunning, but there are just 3 things that I WANT

- Modern Sonic gameplay should take some elements form SA style. I don't want an Unleashed clone where you just have to boost and boost. Please SEGA, listen to us just a little bit. It's just a little effort

- Classic Sonic shoud introduce some little gimmicks like the shields in Sonic 3...I wouldn't want the game to be boring as hell with just running, spin dashing and jumping few times

- I want other characters to be playable as extras (different skin for sonic plus maybe some other abilities)...I WANT Classic Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman

But you aren't just boosting, you're boosting, jumping, running, platforming, dodging obstacles, choosing paths, switching from rail to rail, and whatever Sega throws at us as a level gimmick. It's hilarious how people are judging Green Hill zone, it's the first level, it's supposed to be easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

But you aren't just boosting, you're boosting, jumping, running, platforming, dodging obstacles, choosing paths, switching from rail to rail, and whatever Sega throws at us as a level gimmick. It's hilarious how people are judging Green Hill zone, it's the first level, it's supposed to be easy.

If it were any other game, they'd be showing two levels with the first lot of information. For '06 we saw Kingdom Valley and Crisis City, Unleashed was Windmill Isle and Savannah Citadel and Colours was Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain. It's only because the stages are such a big deal in this game that we've only seen GHZ. I hugely doubt any levels after it will be so simple. Not to mention, they're often not as simple as they look first time around.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ugh. This trailer music is driving me batty! heres my story.

I've spent a total of 4 days so far scouring the internet for this instrumental version. I've looked all over in both legal and illegal sources but no luck literally name it and its quite possible Ive tried it! its like the song existed but now has been wiped off the internet and left with several hundred remixed of the vocal versions.

Plus on top of all that, Ive tried emailing the record producer of who produced the European CD single version, PMing the official Kele okereke Youtube account, and re-replied to the reply from SEGA all of them asking if there is some way to buy either the single the instrumental version is in or buy the song separately online. No answers yet but I'm thinking of messaging Kele okereke on twitter next to see if i can get a direct answer out of him.

Oh and heres the funny thing...i found it about 3 days ago already but i can't get to it! heres the catch, the people who have it is a site called "Acapellas 4 All" its a site that gets rare music like instrumentals of recent songs that wouldn't be on retail albums or acapellas from both sources and then hordes the songs and makes you pay a charge to get their tracks. sounds pretty decent but the thing is from what i read on other music forums these people are shady even after you pay them, they don't give you the password for the music packs or don't give you the right password. people who dealt with them which are usually are music producers and contributors post stories of horrible customer service and overall rudeness and are thinking of reporting these guys to the RIAA and maybe getting 4chan to help. Serves them right, but its a shame all those rare tracks including the one I'm looking for will maybe be wiped off the internet again.

THE ONLY LUCK i have had so far is a 30 second sample of the instrumental version. If anybody wants it, PM me. But I'm not giving up not until i find a reason why its not on the internet and how SEGA got it or a way to get this song (it'll probably be through legal means since illegally you can't get it). No i won't just settle for the vocal either...

Edited by goku262002

Ugh. This trailer music is driving me batty! heres my story.

I've spent a total of 4 days so far scouring the internet for this instrumental version. I've looked all over in both legal and illegal sources but no luck literally name it and its quite possible Ive tried it! its like the song existed but now has been wiped off the internet and left with several hundred remixed of the vocal versions.

Plus on top of all that, Ive tried emailing the record producer of who produced the European CD single version, PMing the official Kele okereke Youtube account, and re-replied to the reply from SEGA all of them asking if there is some way to buy either the single the instrumental version is in or buy the song separately Online. no answers yet bit I'm thinking of messaging Kele okereke on twitter next to see if i can get a direct answer out of him.

Oh and heres the funny thing...i found it about 3 days ago already but i can't get to it! heres the catch, the people who have it is a site called "Acapellas 4 All" its a site that gets rare music like instrumentals of recent songs that wouldn't be on retail albums or acapellas from both sources and then hordes the songs and makes you pay a charge to get their tracks. sounds pretty decent but the thing is from what i read on other music forums these people are shady even after you pay them, they don't give you the password for the music packs or don't give you the right password. people who dealt with them which are usually are music producers and contributors post stories of horrible customer service and overall rudeness and are thinking of reporting these guys to the RIAA and maybe getting 4chan to help. Serves them right, but its a shame all those rare tracks including the one I'm looking for will maybe be wiped off the internet again.

THE ONLY LUCK i have had so far is a 30 second sample of the instrumental version. If anybody wants it, PM me. But I'm not giving up not until i find a reason why its not on the internet and how SEGA got it or a way to get this song (it'll probably be through legal means since illegally you can't get it). No i won't just settle for the vocal either...

Thanks for looking man, I appreciate it.

...But I find it funny how that Acapella site is using the McVities VIP thing as their own VIP club logo, but with the name changed. Bizarre.

EDIT: Actually, had a quick look for myself. Checking Wikipedia has given me a track listing for the single version. And guess what? The instrumental is on the disc. The single itself will run you just under £2, but if you want the song that badly, it's a small price to pay, I'm sure.

You can get it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003NRZGJ2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1303704489&sr=1-2&condition=new

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Thanks for looking man, I appreciate it.

...But I find it funny how that Acapella site is using the McVities VIP thing as their own VIP club logo, but with the name changed. Bizarre.

EDIT: Actually, had a quick look for myself. Checking Wikipedia has given me a track listing for the single version. And guess what? The instrumental is on the disc. The single itself will run you just under £2, but if you want the song that badly, it's a small price to pay, I'm sure.

You can get it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003NRZGJ2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1303704489&sr=1-2&condition=new

Sorry to be off topic but what the heck is going on with your sig? Maybe it's just my screen, but it's all disoriented.

And Sonic 06's trailer with POTC music was really good in my opinion. To bad the game sucked more balls that a whore desperate for money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to be off topic but what the heck is going on with your sig? Maybe it's just my screen, but it's all disoriented.

And Sonic 06's trailer with POTC music was really good in my opinion. To bad the game sucked more balls that a whore desperate for money.

Ah, your screen ratio may not be wide enough to display my sig properly. I mean to change it, but I need to have something to swap it TO, y'see?

It's mainly because I was trying to be clever with the whole restricted image size thing, so I stitched 4 parts of a larger picture together. Unfortunately, that CAN cause problems for other people who aren't using the same screen ratio.

Sorry about that.

Actually the one you linked i believe is the retail version aka version 1:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/tenderoni/394700-01/?currency=USD&utm_source=google_us&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%2BShopping

There are 7 different versions of this single btw. 7!!

The third track in question since amazon.co.uk isn't listing it is "Tenderoni (Larry Tee & Beckwith remix)" trust me this song has about 100 remixes check kele's facebook!

Actually the one you linked i believe is the retail version aka version 1:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/tenderoni/394700-01/?currency=USD&utm_source=google_us&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%2BShopping

There are 7 different versions of this single btw. 7!!

The third track in question since amazon.co.uk isn't listing it is "Tenderoni (Larry Tee & Beckwith remix)" trust me this song has about 100 remixes check kele's facebook!

I see... I nearly bought a dud then, thanks for pointing that out! ^^;

But I do think I may have found it on ebay...

I see... I nearly bought a dud then, thanks for pointing that out! ^^;

But I do think I may have found it on ebay...

Its possiable but its hard to tell on the outside. you would have to ask the seller if theres an instrumental version of the song on the single that will prove you have the right single. thats why i gave up on that route since i didn't want to go and ask each seller which version they had.

To give you a clue, this single is version 3 (or 4 not sure) and has been only released around europe.

http://swisscharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Kele&titel=Tenderoni&cat=s

Edited by goku262002

Its possiable but its hard to tell on the outside. you would have to ask the seller if theres an instrumental version of the song on the single that will prove you have the right single. thats why i gave up on that route since i didn't want to go and ask each seller which version they had.

To give you a clue, this single is version 3 (or 4 not sure) and has only been only released around europe.

http://swisscharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Kele&titel=Tenderoni&cat=s

I didn't need to ask- the seller had put a track listing in the description of the item. They seem to have an almost perfect rep, so I doubt it's fake either.

Here, check it yourself: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kele-Tenderoni-3-Track-/190422765594?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2c5614d01a

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't need to ask- the seller had put a track listing in the description of the item. They seem to have an almost perfect rep, so I doubt it's fake either.

Here, check it yourself: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kele-Tenderoni-3-Track-/190422765594?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2c5614d01a

Well great that was it!! too bad it ended. i've been checking around the UK ebay but all i kept running into was the retail version but then again i think i was wording it wrong.

Are there anymore listings like those? if so, $8 isn't soo bad as long as international shipping and tax doesn't rape me. i'll definately pick it up on my next check!

Edited by goku262002

...You'll never guess who bought THAT particular one though! ;P

EDIT: BTW, THIS one is also the right version, but is only availiable as a bid: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kele-Bloc-Party-Tenderoni-Promo-/110678143323?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item19c4ee715b

EDIT DEUX: This one is also the right one, but you can "Buy Now". http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AN157-Kele-Tenderoni-DJ-CD-/360303765305?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item53e3c72739

EDIT TRES: This one too! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kele-Tenderoni-New-3-track-DJ-CD-Single-Bloc-Party-/330447257583?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item4cf030ffef

Holy hell its abundant! amazing what a word or 2 off can do. :mellow:

Well i won't get my check until may 6th so i'll have to wait a bit. but at least now i finally have a way to get this single.

Thank you, ProfessorZolo. I'm sure everyone else thanks you here as well because now the trailer music can be found.

EDIT: REP THIS MAN!!!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yo ninjaz! I combined the available gameplay footage to create a complete stage run for Modern Sonic. Check it out!

Snatched from the interview topic. +1 goes to barry for mixing the gameplay vid with the last 30secs of the new interview. Anyways like I mention in that topic, I'm not really a fan of the trumpet+GHZ=remix thing. I was hoping for a more Rock/hard rock feel to it. But tis will work.

Edited by Ultimate X360

Stumbled upon this trailer while I was looking on youtube along with other gameplay videos. At first I was cautiously optimistic about this but after seeing the gameplay I couldn't hide my excitement because I was quite impressed. Consider me hyped.

Have we ever figured out what those purple things are?

What purple things?

Have we ever figured out what those purple things are?

You mean the purple Green Hill Zone rocks? Huh? Give us a video link with the time that the purple thing appeared. xD