Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

I enjoy some 3D mario games and I like Mario Series as a whole but when I played it SM3DLand at GAMEFest 2011 and MCM Manchester Expo 2011 I thought the controls was stiff to use and found it hard to use to play with in the 2D sections, I will say the game is quite fun even with the stiff controls and pretty to look at on a 3DS screen than looking at screenshots but there is just that control issues thats all it just felt really stiff to me even other 3DS games such as a N64 Remake OoT I played at GAMEFest was better to control.

I hope the final release of the game will be better to control for me if I ever get a 3DS and this game even though I've not had any problems with past Mario games and the other 3DS games I've played at GAMEFest and on Friends 3DS's it was just this game had a massive MEH! feeling to it but thats what I think about it smile.png.

Now that I can believe. I always did think that Mario looked a tad bit awkward when running around in the game.

But for the others saying the game's controls is as bad as 06? No.

Looks really responsive.

IDK what they're talking about, this looks amazing.

Just a good traditional Mario game.

You guys are overreacting. Have you forgotten rule #1 here? Mario can do no wrong!!!!angry.png.

Hotel Mario

I may get the controls can be a bit stiff, but I'm not sure about 3D making the jumps misjudged. I have to see for myself if its a real problem. And it would be if its the handheld's main gimmick, and if Mario fails that...

Edited by Darwin Watterson

Hotel Mario

was not made by Nintendo.

that's more of a fangame if anything.

Edited by Nintendoga

was not made by Nintendo.

that's more of a fangame if anything.

But we're not talking about Nintendo, we're talking about Mario, and it was a retail game made for a crappy system that would have been an add-on for the SNES.

I mean, maybe people who hate the controls could (hate the joystick thing that some don't like) but im sure it will play just like Mario 64 DS or something like that in a 3D realm .

Guys I was joking about that mario can do no wrong...

You know, I thought both Mario Galaxies had pretty stiff controls during their 2D sections, but not nearly stiff enough to hinder gameplay too much. I'm just going to assume that's about as stiff as 3D Land's controls will feel. One thing I just noticed though is that maybe it's just me, but Mario's jumps looks pretty floaty in this game...

Worse than Sonic 06 controls? lolno.

Next thing you know they'll start saying it's glitchier than Sonic 06

2qwiout.jpg

Edited by Gartocer
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Well, don't I feel stupid... Sorry, Gotta stop freaking out over stuff like that.

Anyways, It's good to know that the game may not be as bad as some people where saying, cause I was looking forward to this game. I'll have to check it out once it's released

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

If that's me you're talking about (from my recent status,) I never said anything of the sort.

I was just wondering if it was bad, since I saw some people (Whom were being over dramatic from what I've been told) complaining that the game sucked. I'll admit the analogy was a bit over the top and I was partially joking but I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to start any drama where it doesn't belong.

Anyways, It's good to know that the game may not be as bad as some people where saying, cause I was looking forward to this game. I'll have to check it out once it's released

No, that was not aimed at you.

But we're not talking about Nintendo, we're talking about Mario, and it was a retail game made for a crappy system that would have been an add-on for the SNES.

Despite popular belief, Mario himself does not make the Mario games.

• Thumbs Up 5

Now that I can believe. I always did think that Mario looked a tad bit awkward when running around in the game.

But for the others saying the game's controls is as bad as 06? No.

Yes, it sadly is.

I was watching some kid play it, he spent 10 minutes trying to jump into a pipe! Not even joking!

Edited by Username is already taken

Yes, it sadly is.

I was watching some kid play it, he spent 10 minutes trying to jump into a pipe! Not even joking!

That kid just sucks a lot at the game. From what footage I've seen, which is quite a bit, it controls pretty well.

For those who've played it, did you have to hold a button to run? I was hearing something about a run button a few weeks ago. I refuse to believe people are having such a hard time with the controls blink.png

The run button was confirmed months ago. Either way, no one has complained about the controls until now. Seriously, dude. Stop worrying so damn much.

Can't believe there are this many people worried about this. It'll be fine, great even. It may take some adjusting to the different controls, and the game itself most likely won't be as grand as the Galaxy games, but Nintendo has earned the benefit of the doubt time and again.

Yes, it sadly is.

Well then so are Generations'. I saw a kid and his dad try to jump onto a platform in Classic Green Hill for the same amount of time.rolleyes.gif

I do admit I don't like having a run button, but I've known about it for a while. And it's not like you walk slowly without it, you just run faster with it.

Edited by MarcelloF

For the record, I'm not worried at all. This will be another Mario game that I will slowly 100% like a pro just like all the rest. That kid on the pipe just depressed me. I was worried about the controls rants affecting sales, but I came to my senses. This will sell by the millions yet again.

That kid just sucks a lot at the game. From what footage I've seen, which is quite a bit, it controls pretty well.

So, every kid there sucks at Mario? I saw a grown man having just about as much trouble.

You know how many people at conventions just plain suck?

Do you know how many people suck at games in general? Just because you saw someone suck doesn't mean shit if you haven't played it yourself. Protip: R button makes Mario go into pipes.

I was talking about getting ON the pipe. I sucked just as much. I'll have you know I beat 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. It seems to me like you guys are blindly defending the game. When I obviously played it. -w-

I was talking about getting ON the pipe. I sucked just as much. I'll have you know I beat 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. It seems to me like you guys are blindly defending the game. When I obviously played it. -w-

• Thumbs Up 1