Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

Some image gallery in World 3 where you can view unlocked art...apparently.

There's 12 in all, but for now there's only these;

SM3DL-A1.JPG

SM3DL-A2.JPG

SM3DL-A3.JPG

SM3DL-A4.JPG

SM3DL-A5.JPG

SM3DL-A6.JPG

SM3DL-A8.JPG

SM3DL-A9.JPG

SM3DL-A11.JPG

Plus the one above.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can never get enough of that art. More Mario games need to utilize this and move away from the 3-D rendered concept stuff for a while.

Or have a mix of it. Whatever, I'm not picky.

I agree. I really love the hand drawn art in Mario games. It's a shame they don't make more of it. Glad to see it in 3D Land for sure!

One day left, fellow North Americunts! I'm sosososo excited!

I'm glad that I managed to not expose myself to much leaked info. I usually spoil games I'm looking forward to really hardcore.

I did look at that art VED-JF posted, though. Beautiful stuff.

Edited by HotGirlOnInternet

Sucks for me because I gotta wait for a bit. I'm literally broke thanks to this season of games. I was lucky enough to have the money for Skyward Sword after October and early November.

Anyone go to the Nintendo Event in NYC? Was pretty amazing.

My Warp Whistle was out of tune.

It sent me to New Jersey instead.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 2

RGH, I wanna get this tomorrow, but I won't be able to until Thursday. Hope you guys post you're impressions to let us know if the game's good or not.

Picked it up a little while ago, already beat world 4.

Pretty good so far. Kind of on the easy side, star coins included, and the controls feel a little loose, but it's fun and cute in a very Mario kind of way. It's very much a 2D Mario but in 3D, and I'd like to see them expand on this for the next major console Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's some pics of the NYC event yesterday (click the Piranha Plant).

DSC_0579.jpg

Going to pick my copy up in a few hours. I'm excite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got the game, but I'm going to busy all night so I only got to play level 1-1. My first impressions are strong, though. Everything seems fluid and well-designed to me.

The keychain I got for preordering is alright. I thought it was going to be like one of those PVC figurines attached to a chain, but it's just some art on flat metal. Eh, guess I can't complain much about freebies.

Oh, and I really, really regret not going to the NYC launch event now... because Jon Bon Goddamn Jovi was there.

531f0c4d77d4c450ff0d684476f9be0d1321217530_full.jpg

Yes, that is Bon Jovi surrounded by multi-ethnic Super Marios in the middle of New York City. If I were more a more creative person, I could probably write a joke about that.

Edited by HotGirlOnInternet
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just got to world 3. So far the game is pretty easy, how anybody could think controls are worse than Sonic 06 is beyond me. It feels very well designed so far

I adore this game. The levels are short for the most part, but well-designed. The game's not terribly difficult, typical of Mario, but it has some legitimately challenging bits, especially toward the end.

The music's great too. I've already got the beach theme stuck in my head.

Ah, my progress? I've beaten the main story so far.

And I've just finished the first Special World and unlocked Luigi.

It's a ton of fun so far! I can already tell this is going to be another fondly-remembered Mario game.

Mario games are always so memorable. The main games may all have the same story but they are each unique enough to be memorable. Sonic seems to be headed dow that track too. Personally the only memorable games were sonic 123K, Adventure, Colors, Generations and 06(for bad reasons).

I don't have the game yet, but I plan to get it. I just had a question though, are all the levels kinda like the Mario 64 Bowser levels kinda? Very block-based and platform heavy? I guess some of Sunshine's bonus level areas could be another example? Just from the handful of pictures I've seen, it kinda seems like that, which if so, I am hype, <3

I think they missed the part where the power-up actually turns him into a tanooki, rather than him ripping the skin off a tanooki and using it as a power-up.

• Thumbs Up 4

PETA says the game is advertising furcoats made out of raccoon skin and made this nice little website: http://features.peta...-kills-tanooki/

...is that a serious website?

No, really

I

Wh

wha

no, stop kidding me

what.

WHAT?

Sigh, PETA is cheesing me off here. I'm at a total loss for words. How can they possibly think that a game aimed for all audiences is promoting... just... what the crap, dude.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 8