Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

They could pull a Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver and have it as a button on the touch screen where you can have both options available (Hold the button to run or not). I'm only saying that not because I've been used to it for ten+ years, but because I think its more comfortable for my thumb to do more than one thing rather than just jump, I like have something there to hold on. Might just be me, but eh.

I dunno, I'd rather not have to rewire my brain after Xty years of it being a run button rather than a walk button.

Better button layout would make the world of difference. But seriously, I don't understand why there's even need for a walk or run button on any system now since they all have analogue sticks. Does SM3DL really have a run button?

Better button layout would make the world of difference. But seriously, I don't understand why there's even need for a walk or run button on any system now since they all have analogue sticks. Does SM3DL really have a run button?

Yeah, because it's trying to be like the old 2D mario games, which all had run buttons. Doesn't really bother me though, cause after five or ten minutes I'll probably be used to the control scheme anyway.

Yeah, because it's trying to be like the old 2D mario games, which all had run buttons. Doesn't really bother me though, cause after five or ten minutes I'll probably be used to the control scheme anyway.

Honestly, I think limiting itself to 2D Mario aspects is just holding back its potential.

Honestly, I think limiting itself to 2D Mario aspects is just holding back its potential.

It's not just limiting itself to JUST 2D Mario aspects. For instance, Mario can do long jumps in this game and there are Comet Coins in there as well.

It's not just limiting itself to JUST 2D Mario aspects. For instance, Mario can do long jumps in this game and there are Comet Coins in there as well.

I'm aware that there are some 3D Mario elements(btw, the comet coins were probably based off the yoshi coins from Super Mario World), basic 3D Mario elements such as less simplistic goals and longer levels(this is more so Galaxy 1 and 2, as Super Mario 64 and Sunshine's levels were just really open). I'm sure that the game will be good, but making the levels so short and have little replayability is something that I think I'm going to dislike while playing it.

One 2D that shouldn't have made it in, was holding B to run. I mean you can run normally without it, but to go faster you have to hold B. I'll get used to it, but I didn't like it all too much. And fluttering with the Tanooki suit was odd. instead of tapping A, you hold it, which messed me up.

All in all the game was good, though, Camera perspectives were used in some rooms nicely.

Not B. Y.

It doesn't bother me one bit, personally. It just makes the controls more simple.

As long as there are more than 8 directions...

I'm aware that there are some 3D Mario elements(btw, the comet coins were probably based off the yoshi coins from Super Mario World), basic 3D Mario elements such as less simplistic goals and longer levels(this is more so Galaxy 1 and 2, as Super Mario 64 and Sunshine's levels were just really open). I'm sure that the game will be good, but making the levels so short and have little replayability is something that I think I'm going to dislike while playing it.

I see. As far as level's being short, I don't think many will. Every time you hit a check point you gain an extra 100 seconds and there are stop watches (Which add 30-60 seconds to the clock) around the levels, so that may lead into making longer levels (And make it more challenging). I may just be putting a bit too much thought into that mechanic though.

The Comet Coin's might work like they did in Galaxy 2 and open up a challenge for every one got. They're obviously keeping the same texture they used for them in Galaxy 2 so I'm sure they wouldn't go and change what they do just like that.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

I see. As far as level's being short, I don't think many will. Every time you hit a check point you gain more time and there are stop watches around the levels, so that may lead into making longer levels(And make it more challenging). Though I may just be putting a bit too much thought into that mechanic though.

And who knows? Maybe the Comet Coins serve the same purpose they did in Galaxy 2 and open up a few challenge's in the levels.

Perhaps I need to see new levels or just a new trailer before judging, because so far, we've seen levels from world 3, and they still make the clock look absolutely useless. I hope that the comet coins serve some sort of purpose, maybe they will unlock new levels like in New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

Edited by SuperClassic

Not B. Y.

It doesn't bother me one bit, personally. It just makes the controls more simple.

As long as there are more than 8 directions...

Ah, I'm getting mixed up with Luigi's Mansion 2 then.

Were you at Gamescom, too?

Ah, I'm getting mixed up with Luigi's Mansion 2 then.

Were you at Gamescom, too?

You kdding ? I live two hours away from Spain. XD

Nah. I just know the controls.

I haven't watched a whole stage, so I wouldn't know how long/short they are exactly, but the clock never ran out in other games unless you spent some screwing around/being lost.

You kdding ? I live two hours away from Spain. XD

Nah. I just know the controls.

Oh well, I got a Streetpass hit from someone from the USA. :P

If these stages were from World 3 it prolly isn't too much to judge from yet. I doubt they're keeping the difficulty level from Galaxy 2 and NSMBWii for this so I imagine if there are any real time limit challenges or longer levels they'll save it for World 6-7-8 and perhaps a secret 9.

Edited by JezMM

• 4 weeks later...

The U.S. gets something before Europe for once? WAT. Either way, I'm going to be waiting until Christmas because, I gotta buy dat Skyward Sword.

j0-BTjFcqpifbd6CNjvpbjFwiUeM-JKc.jpg

That's clever. Its like, "Finally, the Mario game for the 3DS is coming out." I'll definitely be picking this up.

Edited by Inferno

SM3DL_Art.png

Looks like a new Mini-Boss character sitting on the doom ship next to boom boom. Reminds me of Wendy O. Koopa. but clearly not her.

Im now not sure if the Koopalings or Bowser Jr. will appear in this game.

Edit: Also that bullet bill has a tanooky tail... weird...

I saw another screen where Bowser had one too.

Edited by Lando The Bat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yay! We finally get another female koopa! Looks kind of like a mash-up of Dixie with Wendy, though.

I wonder what her name is? Thump-Thump? Wam-Bam-Thank You Ma'am?

Europe gets the same box art:

screenshot_39280.jpg

http://www.officialn...x-art-unveiled/

We can see on the spine that the game's icon thingy is Mario's face.

What does Nintendo have against the sky? Both SM3DL and MK7 have no skies in their boxarts xD

Skies are clearly overrated XD I kid. I don't understand it either.