Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

Bosses are always weak in the Mario platformers. It's like the series is cursed to have sucky boss fights.

Yeah, that's how it's always been, with every Mario Platformer. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

Which is odd since we know Nintendo can do some neat boss fights.

Thing is, there's no reason for the boss fights to suck. "They've always been bad" isn't an excuse because they're something that needs improving.

Yeah, that's how it's always been, with every Mario Platformer. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

Which is odd since we know Nintendo can do some neat boss fights.

Got any examples? because the boss battles in the 2D games dont have a lot of variation IMO.

To be fair, I've never thought 2D Mario has bad boss fights. They just usually end one or two hits before they should. Too easy is the problem.

NSMBWii was a step in the right direction though.

To be fair, I've never thought 2D Mario has bad boss fights. They just usually end one or two hits before they should. Too easy is the problem.

NSMBWii was a step in the right direction though.

Did not like fighting the kooplings to be honest, felt like the same thing but with a bit of difference. But yeah NSMBWii did improve the bosses. Did like the last boss (if you can call it one) because you didn't expect or see it coming.

Got any examples? because the boss battles in the 2D games dont have a lot of variation IMO.

Not in Mario games, in other Nintendo games. Ridley, Ganon, etc.

I dunno, excluding Bowser, Dry Bowser, and Bowser Junior, I thought NSMB DS had some pretty good Bosses. The bosses in the Galaxy games aren't that bad either, but they take too few hits to beat.

I don't remember Sunshine's bosses too well, but I think they had it a little better there.

I think I read that there may be three more bosses besides Boom-Boom, Pun-Pun, and the false Bowsers. This one was on the gamefaqs board, and they got it from some one who got it a little early in Japan, but they don't post any links, so I'd take it with a bit of salt.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Nintendo was disappointed in the bosses but, they loved the stage design and it's throwbacks to SMB 3. Out of the power-ups they seem to be very fond of the Boomerang Bro suit.

Honestly, I'm not sure of it either. They're talking about it as if it's confirmed on the SMW boards, but God help me if I'm to try and get straight answers off them.

Edit: Apparently, it was confirmed in a video...which has now been taken off Youtube. Great. >:/

Edited by VEDJ-F

On the subject of bosses, yeah I agree the 2D games have mostly had crappy boss fights, but the two Galaxy games had some pretty damn good bosses IMO.

mariogal-thumb.jpg

Yeah, just about all of these were pretty cool bosses IMO. This isn't even counting Galaxy 2 which also had a nice variety of unique bosses. Super Mario 3Dland is being made by the same team that made the two Galaxy games so to hear the bosses are a big step backwards is very disappointing to me.

Don't try to shrug off Nintendo's blunder here with "Well they were never good anyway!" BS because it simply is not true.

Le Gasp, what happened to Luigi? D:

Also Tanooki Toads imply that the leaf will be in whatever new game they're put in for Multiplayer

I love the final battle, there. Bowser misses his epic entrance, making half his castle collapse, and you run on the collapsing ruins, dodging Bowser's attacks at you. Then Bowser starts meaning bsns and throws magic attacks at you then tries running into you.Then finally Bowser manages to miss his "death" scene too. The battle isn't as easy as before, the setting is badass, the music is great and Bowser is a hilarious badass here.

Don't want to look at the final boss footage. But comparisons someone on gamefaqs made to Donkey Kong made me super curious.

I'm gonna be called crazy, but im actually more excited for this than I am for skyward sword.

• Thumbs Up 1