Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

"YK: Well I guess we didn't set out to create less storyline, less power-ups and fewer stages but some of those may well be the end result of this idea of going back to basics." D:

What the Hell kind of sales pitch is that?

• Thumbs Up 2

"YK: Well I guess we didn't set out to create less storyline, less power-ups and fewer stages but some of those may well be the end result of this idea of going back to basics." D:

What the Hell kind of sales pitch is that?

Well, I suppose Yoshiaki Koizumi contains an anagram of Iizuka.

ONM: Will any other Mushroom Kingdom characters be playable?

YK: I hope that's one thing you will look forward to finding out in the future!

In before "play as Luigi with marginally adjusted traction and jumping!".

• Thumbs Up 2

Once upon a time I might have been sore about the further paring back of story elements, but I've basically come to expect it from the franchise by now. My hunger for story will just make Paper Mario 3DS that much more satisfying when it finally comes out, I guess. And hey, once you've gone as far back to basics as you possibly can, what else is there to do but return to innovation and extravagance?

...more playable characters, though? I guess I'll be the first one to express the futile hope that maybe we'll get Peach. I mean, enough people complained about her absence in NSMBWii that Miyamoto himself commented on it, right?

Once upon a time I might have been sore about the further paring back of story elements, but I've basically come to expect it from the franchise by now. My hunger for story will just make Paper Mario 3DS that much more satisfying when it finally comes out, I guess. And hey, once you've gone as far back to basics as you possibly can, what else is there to do but return to innovation and extravagance?

...more playable characters, though? I guess I'll be the first one to express the futile hope that maybe we'll get Peach. I mean, enough people complained about her absence in NSMBWii that Miyamoto himself commented on it, right?

This basically has my opinions on the matter, I never really expect too much of a story from a Mario platformer, but one is basically guaranteed in any of his RPGs. Also I would be ecstatic if Peach finally makes a comeback as a playable character, though Luigi and generic Toad friends one and two are much more likely, or maybe even Wario and Yoshi due to their playability in Super Mario 64 DS

5ajn08.jpg

Old trailer with new logo.

With that logo I'm expecting claymation Mario to jump out and dance on the heads of piranha plants.

DO IT NINTENDO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people complaining about this game and thinking it'll be Mario's Sonic 4 ?

It's not as atmospheric as the 3D Mario games ? 2D Mario games aren't very atmospheric, and this is a 2D Mario game that's 3D too. Don't expect big stuff like in Mario Sunshine or Galaxy.

It makes you feel claustrophobic ? The game looks much better in 3D, just go look at the 3D trailer if you downloaded it.

Not enough new elements ? That game's main new "gimmick" is the 3D and the nostalgia. Also the fact every single level is a Bowser level from Mario 64 / a Secret level from Mario Sunshine (both being the best part of their respective game).

Relying too much on nostalgia ? Man, that's pretty much Super Mario Bros. 5 you're looking at. Sonic 4, you say ? It failed because we've only seen the first episode for now, the physics are bad and the levels are closer to Sonic Rush's than to Sonic 2's. What we've seen so far is pure platforming, which is Mario's thing already.

I'm not worried at all about this game. This is how I wanted Mario 64 to be. This is the game I've been dreaming for so long, not thinking it'd actually happen someday. It did. Thank you, Nintendo. Thank you so much.

now all we need is a mario and sonic platformer and i'll have no more good reasons to keep living

At first I was kind of iffy on the way the camera doesn't go behind Mario like it does in 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, but seeing all the different types of things that are in the game makes me kind of excited to look at more. It looks really fun.

Edited by Melru

You know what? Not gonna watch any of those videos. The game is out in November. I saw the E3 trailer for it and MK7, and that's all I'm going to know about both the games until I get my hands on them. If that's one thing I love about Nintendo's new policy of initially showcasing games and releasing them only a short while later, it's that the wait is so minuscule it's easy not to spoil them.

This is something to be excited about. I can't wait to hear more about the other playables. honestly those generic toads in NSMBWii were just pathetic and the way the were YELLOW and PURPLE almost makes me think that they were originally going to be Wario and Waluigi but were changed to toads at the last minute. Not getting why people are expecting this to be Mario's Sonic 4 either, I thought the divine mandate was that Mario can do no wrong?

honestly those generic toads in NSMBWii were just pathetic and the way the were YELLOW and PURPLE almost makes me think that they were originally going to be Wario and Waluigi but were changed to toads at the last minute.
Er...yellow and blue.

I don't see how the color of the Toads would be a holdover from considering the Wa-s, anyway.

You know what? Not gonna watch any of those videos. The game is out in November. I saw the E3 trailer for it and MK7, and that's all I'm going to know about both the games until I get my hands on them. If that's one thing I love about Nintendo's new policy of initially showcasing games and releasing them only a short while later, it's that the wait is so minuscule it's easy not to spoil them.

Paper Mario 3DS' been announced on June 2010.

It's been more than a year and we only got two more screens and a trailer that doesn't contain much new stuff.

Er...yellow and blue.

I don't see how the color of the Toads would be a holdover from considering the Wa-s, anyway.

Just my perception I guess, just felt like a tease.

Paper Mario 3DS' been announced on June 2010.

It's been more than a year and we only got two more screens and a trailer that doesn't contain much new stuff.

They've yet to showcase the game properly. We know next to nothing about it. And once we do, it'll likely be released soon after.

Yeah... But, seriously, they shouldn't show a game and then forget about it until two months before release. Because Paper Mario is the game I bought a 3DS for, and we know next to nothing about it.

It means that the game isn't close to release, simple as that. I'm expecting Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing to release before it.

I would rather have it a delayed classic than a rushed release. But let's not get off topic. This is about 3D Land.

Oh right, that's what the topic is about! :P

Anyway, those game play videos make me very happy with this game so far. It's really like they took an old 2D Mario game and put it on a 3D plane. People have been waiting ages to see that.

From what I've seen of the footage, the game is certainly turning out the way Nintendo intended it to, a 3D Mario with 2D Mario elements. As much as I appreciate Nintendo trying something new with 3D Mario, I can't say I'm liking how Super Mario 3D Land looks so far, like Galaxy, it is linear, but the levels seem to be much shorter, and this sort of renders the time limit pointless. It also seems like Super Mario 3D Land wont have the diversity that the previous 3D Mario games had, there was races, collecting coins, ect. But Super Mario 3D Land seems to only be about going from point A to point B, that may be a welcome change for some, but I prefer going back to levels and having a different goal, almost changing the entire experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definently picking up this game, who knows, it could be fun, but I'm going to remain skeptical until I play this myself.

One 2D that shouldn't have made it in, was holding B to run. I mean you can run normally without it, but to go faster you have to hold B. I'll get used to it, but I didn't like it all too much. And fluttering with the Tanooki suit was odd. instead of tapping A, you hold it, which messed me up.

All in all the game was good, though, Camera perspectives were used in some rooms nicely.

One 2D that shouldn't have made it in, was holding B to run. I mean you can run normally without it, but to go faster you have to hold B. I'll get used to it, but I didn't like it all too much. And fluttering with the Tanooki suit was odd. instead of tapping A, you hold it, which messed me up.

All in all the game was good, though, Camera perspectives were used in some rooms nicely.

This annoys me to no end when playing SM64DS. In 3D games, running is what you usually do. There are seldom any moments when you need to walk, so having a walk button would be much, much better.

This annoys me to no end when playing SM64DS. In 3D games, running is what you usually do. There are seldom any moments when you need to walk, so having a walk button would be much, much better.
I dunno, I'd rather not have to rewire my brain after Xty years of it being a run button rather than a walk button.