Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

...you just posted the source...

Well, technically, secondary source; primary being PidgiPress. It originated from a PSD on Nintendo UK's press site.

I posted the GoNintendo link after it was updated with confirmation. Before then, it was apparently unknown where it came from, so there wasn't a proper source to link to. But in the end, it was discovered that it came from the Nintendo UK press site, as you said.

The game looks fun...generic, but fun. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not super hyped.

I'll be hyped if Nintendo announces an open-world Mario game for Project Cafe Wii-U next year.

I don't think there will ever be another open world Mario game, and I honestly don't care. I prefer traditional Mario.

• Thumbs Up 2

It kinda peeves me in a way though. Mario made a great open world game on the N64, rather than going the linear "point A to point B" route their taking with 3D land, and for years it's made crazy Sonic fans everywhere BAAAWW for open world Sonic games, and now they're going back to doing it linear, when if they kept it linear to begin with, I think there would be far less cries of wanting open world-styled games on the Sonic side and they would probably be content with the linear style that Sonic stuck with.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

It kinda peeves me in a way though. Mario made a great open world game on the N64, rather than going the linear "point A to point B" route their taking with 3D land, and for years it's made crazy Sonic fans everywhere BAAAWW for open world Sonic games, and now they're going back to doing it linear, when if they kept it linear to begin with, I think there would be far less cries of wanting open world-styled games on the Sonic side and they would probably be content with the linear style that Sonic stuck with.

Tactical sabotage of their "rival" company's mascot?

So like, people have been saying that the controls aren't at their best. This is sort of shocking to me. *just wanted to bump the thread to discuss this development*

So like, people have been saying that the controls aren't at their best. This is sort of shocking to me. *just wanted to bump the thread to discuss this development*

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, I've really been looking forward to it more than any other game on the 3DS, being the "main Mario game" for the system & all..

Hope it's not as bad as the rumors are making it out to be.

If they are, then better luck with Luigi's mansion 2. (which I'm also looking forward to)

C&P from the comments box... "Actually, I'm kind of happy to hear that. SM3DLand looks somewhat poor and very sub-par for Mario standards. I'm glad that people aren't giving Mario a free ticket, and that I'm not being overly cynical in myself by saying I don't like the look of the game." I'm sure it's by absolutely no means bad. Just sub-par.

I've just skimmed GAF and haven't seen anything on Mario 3D Land's control issues so far, can anyone provide some links?

I've just skimmed GAF and haven't seen anything on Mario 3D Land's control issues so far, can anyone provide some links?

"But Super Mario 3D Land, not so much. As one of the games I bought the struggling handheld specifically for, I have to say that I was beyond disappointed when I played the game. It really pisses me the hell off.

For starters, the 3D is absolutely useless. Turn it off completely. The main problem is, it makes it really hard to judge jumps, and for a Mario game, that’s a major problem. Jumping is Mario’s bread and butter. And if a Mario game can’t nail that, then it’s screwed. And this game can’t nail that.

I still remember the first time I ever played Super Mario 64. The perspective had changed entirely, but it still felt like Mario. Judging distance wasn’t a problem as it all just fell into place naturally. But with my brief play through with THIS game, I died multiple times on some flipping floors—as seen in Super Mario Galaxy—and it was so frustrating, that I just gave up and left.

And while you may say, well, you just suck at Mario. No, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’ve gotten every single achievement and star in every single Mario game ever released, so this is coming from a true blue, Nintendo fanboy, Mario veteran, and I’m telling you, this game just doesn’t FEEL right to me.

It shouldn’t be so tough to land jumps, and while yeah, it might be something I just have to work at, it’ll be a first for me in a Mario game, as these games are usually so intuitive. But this one, not so much. I kind of want to trade in my 3DS already. Thank God Mario Kart is awesome. I don’t know what I’d DO if that one looked like it sucked."

~Rich Knight (Complex.com)

"But Super Mario 3D Land, not so much. As one of the games I bought the struggling handheld specifically for, I have to say that I was beyond disappointed when I played the game. It really pisses me the hell off.

For starters, the 3D is absolutely useless. Turn it off completely. The main problem is, it makes it really hard to judge jumps, and for a Mario game, that’s a major problem. Jumping is Mario’s bread and butter. And if a Mario game can’t nail that, then it’s screwed. And this game can’t nail that.

I still remember the first time I ever played Super Mario 64. The perspective had changed entirely, but it still felt like Mario. Judging distance wasn’t a problem as it all just fell into place naturally. But with my brief play through with THIS game, I died multiple times on some flipping floors—as seen in Super Mario Galaxy—and it was so frustrating, that I just gave up and left.

And while you may say, well, you just suck at Mario. No, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’ve gotten every single achievement and star in every single Mario game ever released, so this is coming from a true blue, Nintendo fanboy, Mario veteran, and I’m telling you, this game just doesn’t FEEL right to me.

It shouldn’t be so tough to land jumps, and while yeah, it might be something I just have to work at, it’ll be a first for me in a Mario game, as these games are usually so intuitive. But this one, not so much. I kind of want to trade in my 3DS already. Thank God Mario Kart is awesome. I don’t know what I’d DO if that one looked like it sucked."

~Rich Knight (Complex.com)

Yeah, one guy, this definitely spells the end of Mario.

I've seen video and screens of this game in 3D, and the 3D effect actually seems the OPPOSITE of what he said. I only wish I had an opportunity to play the demo for myself, so I could properly judge 3D Land. The graphics and everything aren't mind-blowing, but this game is all about the platforming, and if that isn't right, then by George, I don't know what is.

It seems strange that these control issues have suddenly just appeared. Hasn't the game been playable to the public at other conventions?

Yeah, one guy, this definitely spells the end of Mario.

I've seen video and screens of this game in 3D, and the 3D effect actually seems the OPPOSITE of what he said. I only wish I had an opportunity to play the demo for myself, so I could properly judge 3D Land. The graphics and everything aren't mind-blowing, but this game is all about the platforming, and if that isn't right, then by George, I don't know what is.

To be honest the 3D on that one seems rather weird IMO.

I'm not putting much weight in this. The game has been playable since June, and only a few GAFers have said they have problems with the controls. I'm going to go ahead and say they're terrible at games or are full of shit. (Because I'm a dick. :P)

• Thumbs Up 1

I played this at NYCC. MASSIVLY DISSAPOINTED! :c The level design was fantastic. Too bad it was so uncontrollable.

I played this at NYCC. MASSIVLY DISSAPOINTED! :c The level design was fantastic. Too bad it was so uncontrollable.

You know I'm curious, This game has been made available to the public ever since June, and all of the sudden now people are saying it controls badly.

I've noticed that alot of games tend to go through this phase usually the month before it comes out.

because tons of people have played the game, yet only now today, are people saying it controls bad.

..I'm skeptical :/ Tell me, how was it unplayable?

You guys are overreacting. Have you forgotten rule #1 here? Mario can do no wrong!!!!angry.png

But really, this is the first time I've heard anything bad about controls. Were they fine before? He says it's hard to judge the jumps with the 3D on...

• Thumbs Up 1

Im shocked im hearing bad things for a game that Nintendo is pushing for to be good, so that the 3DS sells well....if this game flops, trouble will merge for the system, and thats sad cause I want it to rise like the DS

I enjoy some 3D mario games and I like Mario Series as a whole but when I played it SM3DLand at GAMEFest 2011 and MCM Manchester Expo 2011 I thought the controls was quite stiff to control and found it hard to use to play with in the 2D sections, I will say the game is quite fun even with the stiff controls and pretty to look at on a 3DS screen than looking at screenshots but there is just that control issues thats all it just felt really stiff to me even other 3DS games such as a N64 Remake OoT I played at GAMEFest was better to control.

I hope the final release of the game will be better to control for me if I ever get a 3DS and this game even though I've not had any problems with past Mario games and the other 3DS games I've played at GAMEFest and on Friends 3DS's it was just this game had a massive MEH! feeling to it but thats what I think about it smile.png.

Edited by Leto Croft