Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

I was talking about getting ON the pipe. I sucked just as much. I'll have you know I beat 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2. It seems to me like you guys are blindly defending the game. When I obviously played it. -w-

• Thumbs Up 2

First video of the boomerang suit!

I like how if you keep jumping over it, it will continue on as long as possible.

^ Judging from 0:15 it looks like it goes slightly less out each time. Looks like eventually you inevitably will land on it no matter how well you time your jumps.

Still, as long as you can throw another as soon as you grab it, I can see some impressive speedruns making use of perfectly timed throws and avoided catches.

This is what I love about Mario. They never do anything just for the hell of it, everything is so tightly crafted to be deeper than it appears at first glance.

Edited by JezMM

EDGE has given their review score for SM3DL, an 8.

As of right now we just have the score from them.

EDGE has given their review score for SM3DL, an 8.

As of right now we just have the score from them.

This could end up being the first year in over a decade where a main series Sonic game has gotten more media praise than a main series Mario game. What is the world coming to? :P

I'm still buying this on release, though I'm sceptical after hearing some of the complaints so far.

I don't really know how strict Edge is but, I hear they're very goddamn strict. So, 8 from them is pretty good, isn't it? People were absolutely shocked when they gave Skyward Sword a 10.

I don't really know how strict Edge is but, I hear they're very goddamn strict. So, 8 from them is pretty good, isn't it? People were absolutely shocked when they gave Skyward Sword a 10.

They've given both Galaxy games a 10 for comparison.

This game never looked like it was going to be amazing to begin with to be honest. I'm sure it'll be great but from videos it feels like Galaxy lite. I loved the Galaxy games but I hope they're cooking up something big for Mario WiiU.

That's pretty low considering Mario. Disappointing, but ultimately good to see it's not being being a free ride. It's like when DNF got like 5/10s.

In comparison, they gave NSMBW a 7/10.

Picked up the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine. Here's their preview of Super Mario 3D Land:

scan0007bh.jpg

scan0008s.jpg

scan0009jz.jpg

scan0010v.jpg

scan0011p.jpg

scan0012pc.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 75 December 2011.

• Thumbs Up 2

Coming 2012: Super Mario Poledancing!

Honestly not surprised they'd like it so much, given that it's ONM. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Mario 3D Land recieves a 38/40 from Famitsu.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/super-mario-3d-land-receives-an-almost-perfect-score-in-famitsu

The bits of the game that take advantage of 3D depth are a lot of fun, inspiring you to hunt around for all of the hidden stuff. There’s a wealth of helper functionality for beginners, and there’s also a lot of cute little touches to the game that will bring up twinges of nostalgia. The 3D space of this game is really well thought-out, allowing you to enjoy the 3D-based tricks while still feeling like a 2D Mario. It may just be Mario, but then, nothing is like Mario. The mix of discovery and surprise here is what you come to expect from the series.

Nice.

Also most Best Buys now have a demo of the game. So if you can't wait to try out this game, then head to your local best buy and see if they have it.

P.S. Not all best buys have it, so you may wanna call them before you waste your time.

Picked up the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine. Here's their preview of Super Mario 3D Land:

scan0008s.jpg

Peach's head should seriously not be able to fit out of that window.

• Thumbs Up 2