Awoo.

SUPAH MAREO THREE DEE ESS

HunterTSF

Just a crazy theory, but what if the Tanooki tails are just the start of things really. You encounter Enemies with a tail in early on in the game, but in world 2, you meet up with Goombas that shoot Fireballs and the Fire Bros, and Bowser, while fire balls are nothing new, they actually bounce just like Fire Mario's do. In world 3, there's some enemies underwater that you normally wouldn't find, due to the aid of frog like flippers, and Bowser is swimming in a water castle. World 4 has Kuribo's shoe and Bowser in a Kuribo's shoe, ect. Ect. All the way to world 8? Basically the game's about Bowser's army learning how to use Mario's power-ups.

Just a thought.

EDIT: okay. So it's just Tanookis. Sigh...

Edited by Lando The Bat
  • Thumbs Up 3

Is it really confirmed that it's a white tanooki suit and not just one frame of a flashing invincibility effect? Then again it would be odd for them to suddenly drop the Rainbow Mario design for invincibility.

Durr read article before posting Jez.

Nice idea to incorporate them as part of the Super Guide.

Edited by JezMM

So the reason why everyone has a Tanooki tail is revealed. There was a storm and the leaves blew off a tree... :/

I'd hardly call Galaxy's story "Epic".

I thought the opening and ending scenes in Galaxy were pretty darn epic. A lot more interesting then the opening to this or NSMBW. I guess I don't care too much. I'm getting it either way. I just prefer the feeling the first Galaxy gave off is all.

Two new trailers mixed into one.

I'm really starting to love this game. Definitely a must have for my 3ds.

Edited by Nintendoga

However, surely there is an explanation for Mario, Goombas, Bulletbills, and Bowser having Tanooki Tails.

Brawl in the Family sums this up quite nicely:

2011-10-03-367-TanookiMadness.jpg

Edited by The Place-Rocker
  • Thumbs Up 8

There's a developer interview up on the EU Wii Nintendo Channel with Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto. The trailer featured in the second half of the video Nintendoga posted is also on there.

From Joystiq!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/08/super-mario-3d-land-preview-new-tricks/

I consider myself to be a pretty proficient gamer, but Super Mario 3D Land has a pretty interesting feature for those who get stuck. If you lose five lives on any given level, the game will give you an invincible Tanooki suit -- think of it as having constant Star power while wearing the Tanooki suit. You can still fall to your death, so if you die ten times on a level, a special P Wing block emerges, allowing you to zip right to the end.

Which means I won't be seeing either as I play the game. Great to know.

Edited by Toby Barrett

I think this game looks like some good fun. If I had a 3DS, I'd certainly invest in this game. :)

As long as the patronisation death counter resets when you reach the checkpoint I'll be happy. Can imagine dying over 5 times on one level but if I die twice before a checkpoint and then three times after I'll feel a little offended when the game offers me the White Tanooki suit, lol.