Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Oh man - this is rich. Anyone figured CoD Declassified would be a killer app or a must have for the Vita? Something that would push units? It's being slaughtered by publications and players right now. It's apparently absolute shit.

Well, it's just been stated that allegedly it only had a five month development time. It's unfathomably tragic how one of Sony's most hyped portable exclusives this year is such a massive blunder.

The game was announced for Vita the day Sony announced the NGP at a conference in Japan at the beginning of last year, so unless they didn't start work on it until much later, then that five month thing has to be bullcrap. I wasn't expecting Declassified to be all that good after the bad reviews and bad fan feedback from Nihilistic's last game Resistance: Burning Skies. I was still hoping it would be decent at least.

The game was announced for Vita the day Sony announced the NGP at a conference in Japan at the beginning of last year, so unless they didn't start work on it until much later, then that five month thing has to be bullcrap.

Declassified wasn't announced until E3, and the info given to us was very sparse. We didn't actually get any impressions on the damn thing until Gamescom this year, and a lot of the feedback wasn't positive.

Declassified wasn't announced until E3, and the info given to us was very sparse. We didn't actually get any impressions on the damn thing until Gamescom this year, and a lot of the feedback wasn't positive.

They announced that an exclusive Call of Duty game was coming to the PS Vita when they announced the NGP back in January 2011 with a Call of Duty logo. They didn't announce the subtitle until E3 of this year, no, but we were lead to believe that a Call of Duty game was in development back in January 2011.

They announced that an exclusive Call of Duty game was coming to the PS Vita when they announced the NGP back in January 2011 with a Call of Duty logo. They didn't announce the subtitle until E3 of this year, no, but we were lead to believe that a Call of Duty game was in development back in January 2011.

Which is basically the same as Rockstar saying they were working on a new game called "Agent". Or rather, Nintendo saying that they're making a new Smash Bros. It's "no duh", really. Just because it was something due didn't mean it was in development, and considering the abysmal quality of the game it's very hard not to believe, especially considering it's from the same developers of Burning Skies.

And if a game they apparently had in development since then wasn't able to be shown at E3 in a playable state but was later shat out shortly for Gamescom and subsequently a physical release, I seriously doubt that they've actually been working on it for quite a bit. It's allegedly been a rumor circulating for a while now ever since Gamescom and I really haven't seen anyone disputing it thus far.

So my new Vita's coming to my college dorm this Monday. However I haven't got any games for it. Getting Sound Shapes though immediately. Then will have All-Stars Transformed and All-Stars Battle Royale (for free with the PS3 copy) later. I'm also thinking of resubscribing to PS+ just to play Gravity Rush (I also want R&C: All4One for PS3)...

Apart from Uncharted (which I can also get this game for free via PS+, however not interested in it), which other Vita games can I get or you guys recommend?

Virtue's Last Reward is a must and Rayman Origins is a cool platformer to have on the go. Also MGS HD Collection.

Ragnarok Odyssey is also supposedly rather good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll look in to Virtue's Last Reward, definitely looks interesting. And I've never heard of this game before. Rayman Origins I already got and finished on PC...don't want to go through it again. D=

And for MGS, I'm not a fan of shooters. In fact, I can also admit I totally suck at them.

And Rayman Origins just reminded me of LBP Vita. Huge LBP fan and I forgot about this game. Embarrassing. Has anyone here played this game? Is it fun like LBP2?

MGS isn't even a shooter, it's a stealth game. You can get through the game barely shooting anyone (you're meant to do that, in fact) and have easy modes that will make the pew pew parts a breeze. My playstyle in MGS involves tranq'ing guards one by one and messing with them playing around with all the gadgets.

Plus everyone should play MGS3 at least once for the hilarious Kojima antics and the manly tears.

And Rayman Origins just reminded me of LBP Vita. Huge LBP fan and I forgot about this game. Embarrassing. Has anyone here played this game? Is it fun like LBP2?

I haven't played myself but keep hearing it's top tier. Like, just as good as 2 or better depending on who I ask.

LBP Vita's a great game. I'd say it's on par with 2.

Story's mode's pretty short and there's a shortage of costumes/materials, but DLC can remedy that. The new create options make up for it.

Virtue's Last Reward is a must and Rayman Origins is a cool platformer to have on the go. Also MGS HD Collection.

Ragnarok Odyssey is also supposedly rather good.

It isn't MH but it's pretty damn good either way. Not as much Customizing options as games like MH but it's still fun nonetheless. If you can get a hold of it for less than $40 I would jump on that. Despite the fun I'm having with it, i feel it doesn't warrant a $40 price tag.

Interesting...

Spike VGA award nominies for best handheld/mobile game... all but 1 is a Vita title.

Now I'm not a fan of the VGA's at all, but it's kinda interesting how out of everything thats out for the 3DS and mobile market as a whole, the Vita dominates this particular category.

Well I can't think of another 3DS exclusive that came out this year apart from this game. So yeah, I'm not surprised.

Well I can't think of another 3DS exclusive that came out this year apart from this game. So yeah, I'm not surprised.

...Code of Princess :\

Oh you mean relevant games.

Edited by Seras Victoria

Probably because of dudebro. But seriously, Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations (which is about 5 million times better than RE 6) etc.

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 2

More the Vita itself is dudebro due to GRAFIX. The VGA favors that kind of thing but, the list as a whole is freakin' stupid. LBP is the only one on there that fits well. I would have figured they'd have Uncharted, Resident Evil: Revelations, and perhaps Kid Icarus or Kingdom Hearts as the final choice.

Edited by King Of Awesome

Well those wouldn't be my top picks (Really, Gravity Rush and NSMB2 over Kid Icarus, Pokemon White/Black 2, or even Kingdom Hearts?) but then again the VGA's have never really appealed to me in terms of their choices.

But then again, can you really expect good results when a possible choice for "Best Song in a Video Game" is by Linkin Park?

I'm only half-kidding.

How could they leave out Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Anyway, I ccast a vote for NSMB2 for shits and giggles. Also because I like that game.

Gravity Rush deserves to be in that list. It's one of the innovative handheld games out there this year. It was one of the most talked Vita games as well with a likeable character. And of course, Gravity Rush is a good game.

Have you guys played Sound Shapes? No? Then stop saying it's "dudebro" because your favorite games didn't make it on the list. Sound Shapes is one of unique games out there that is actually good and enjoyable. It's one of the reasons why I'm getting the Vita, because of that game. (I know it's on PS3 too, but it's more of a VITA game)

Really the games that shouldn't be on that list is NSMB2 and to a small extent, LBP Vita. LBP Vita at least pushes all the Vita's new hardware controls making it a different experience towards the PS3 versions of the game, but you know you are still playing LittleBigPlanet.

NSMB2 is basically NSMB with gold coins/few new power-ups. I'm shocked to see that game there, but then I realized "it's Mario!" I would replace that game with Kid Icarus: Uprising. I forgot about this game, but now I remember it's a high praised game and it's different.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is Uncharted PS3 on the Vita. They put in touch controls, but you have an option to ignore those touch controls. And who wants to use touch on Uncharted? That's why it's not there.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Gravity Rush deserves to be in that list. It's one of the innovative handheld games out there this year. It was one of the most talked Vita games as well with a likeable character. And of course, Gravity Rush is a good game.

It's game play may seem innovative because it has one interesting gimmick.

It does nothing with it and has nothing else going for it. That said I'm probably the only one who thinks this. Gravity Rush just became boring once you realize there's nothing to the game but gravity and awkward combat.

I hope the game gets a sequel that irons out all the issues I had cause the game was a supermassive disappointment to me, if not the most disappointing game I've played all year. That game and P4G were the reasons I bought a Vita.

Have you guys played Sound Shapes? No? Then stop saying it's "dudebro" because your favorite games didn't make it on the list. Sound Shapes is one of unique games out there that is actually good and enjoyable. It's one of the reasons why I'm getting the Vita, because of that game. (I know it's on PS3 too, but it's more of a VITA game)

I have, and I dropped it two days later. It was pretty boring and was really nothing more than a novelty title. Not that I regret the small amount of money I spent on it though.

Frankly there was really no "fantastic" title this year for handhelds I'd argue. That said there's been a lot of good third party support for the 3DS and as an owner of both but not exactly a gigantic fan of either I'm rather surprised at the lacking representation 3DS games. I only see it stand to reason because the kind of audience that'd watch the VGA would arguably be largely in line with the "dudebro" audience and the console itself appeals to them more than the 3DS does.

Really the games that shouldn't be on that list is NSMB2 and to a small extent, LBP Vita. LBP Vita at least pushes all the Vita's new hardware controls making it a different experience towards the PS3 versions of the game, but you know you are still playing LittleBigPlanet.

NSMB2 is basically NSMB with gold coins/few new power-ups. I'm shocked to see that game there, but then I realized "it's Mario!" I would replace that game with Kid Icarus: Uprising. I forgot about this game, but now I remember it's a high praised game and it's different.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is Uncharted PS3 on the Vita. They put in touch controls, but you have an option to ignore those touch controls. And who wants to use touch on Uncharted? That's why it's not there.

None of the games on that list are far above a chunk of other handheld titles that came out this year, in terms of quality at least. Gravity Rush may be a good game. It's just not a great game. And it's certainly not "Game of the Year" material. The same could be said about Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Just because a game uses the specific features associated of a console to its advantage doesn't make it "Game of the Year" material. If that was the major qualification, we'd have many other titles on the list.

Edited by Rigbone the Kid

It's game play may seem innovative because it has one interesting gimmick.

It does nothing with it and has nothing else going for it. That said I'm probably the only one who thinks this. Gravity Rush just became boring once you realize there's nothing to the game but gravity and awkward combat.

I hope the game gets a sequel that irons out all the issues I had cause the game was a supermassive disappointment to me, if not the most disappointing game I've played all year. That game and P4G were the reasons I bought a Vita.

I have, and I dropped it two days later. It was pretty boring and was really nothing more than a novelty title. Not that I regret the small amount of money I spent on it though.

Frankly there was really no "fantastic" title this year for handhelds I'd argue. That said there's been a lot of good third party support for the 3DS and as an owner of both but not exactly a gigantic fan of either I'm rather surprised at the lacking representation 3DS games. I only see it stand to reason because the kind of audience that'd watch the VGA would arguably be largely in line with the "dudebro" audience and the console itself appeals to them more than the 3DS does.

Yeah but you got to understand that, you are one of the minority who thinks these games are disappointing/boring. One of my friends loves Sound Shapes (and she's a casual, her b/f bought her a Vita for her birthday) and according to Metacritic, it's nowhere near a mediocre game as you put it.

Same applies to Gravity Rush (except for the "one of my friends" part). However that doesn't mean I wouldn't agree with you in future, I'll find out this time next week as I would have played Gravity Rush. If it's boring like you said it is, then I'm also within that minority.

None of the games on that list are far above a chunk of other handheld titles that came out this year, in terms of quality at least. Gravity Rush may be a good game. It's just not a great game. And it's certainly not "Game of the Year" material. The same could be said about Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Just because a game uses the specific features associated of a console to its advantage doesn't make it "Game of the Year" material. If that was the major qualification, we'd have many other titles on the list.

Of course these games are not "GOTY" material, hence the games are not in the GOTY category. As I said Sound Shapes and Gravity Rush are different games, yet it's still good that's why it's listed.

Yeah but you got to understand that, you are one of the minority who thinks these games are disappointing/boring. One of my friends loves Sound Shapes (and she's a casual, her b/f bought her a Vita for her birthday) and according to Metacritic, it's nowhere near a mediocre game as you put it.

Same applies to Gravity Rush (except for the "one of my friends" part). However that doesn't mean I wouldn't agree with you in future, I'll find out this time next week as I would have played Gravity Rush. If it's boring like you said it is, then I'm also within that minority.

Of course these games are not "GOTY" material, hence the games are not in the GOTY category. As I said Sound Shapes and Gravity Rush are different games, yet it's still good that's why it's listed.

I meant "Mobile" GOTY, my bad. And Gravity Rush is rather flawed in the way Carbo stated. Sure, the gravity effect is fun at first, but the combat is clunky and from what I've played, its presentation is rather underwhelming. Heck I don't even think NSMB2 should be up there. All the titles should be wiped except Soundshapes, possibly. There are just many better mobile titles for the category than what's there.