Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Think you guys with Vitas might wanna watch this.

Step by step instructions on to how to download ANY ps1 game to your Vita. And no you don't have to do anything thats against the TOS, you don't have to do any tinkering with save files or anything naughty... just literally download the game you want to the PS3, then bung it on the Vita.

Chances are Sony may patch this, but for now... enjoy.

Said to also work with several PSP games and Mini's. Been confirmed by several different sources, it works!

• Thumbs Up 2

What if I don't have a PS3? D:

Don't you live in Australia? That's a PAL region so get them directly from the Vita when the store updates tomorrow.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but more PSOne Classics for North America.

http://www.ign.com/a...laystation-vita

Alundra

Arc the Lad II

Grandia

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor: Underground

Oddworld: Abe’s Exxodus

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Rayman

Rayman 2

SimCity 2000

Tekken

Tekken 2

Tomba!

Theme Hospital

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Vanguard Bandits

Wing Commander IV

Soviet Strike

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

Championship Bass

Extreme Pinball

Magic Carpet

Hi Octane: The Track Fights Back

Extreme Pinball

Still no Crash, damn!

Available now.

Edited by Solid Winston

Still no Crash, no Spyro, no MGS, no Resident Evil,

I guess Sony doesn't want my money, oh well.

I thought you had a PS3?

No not yet, might plan on getting one later. It kinda sucks though since they market the Vita as more of a baby brother to the PS3.

And if you take the brother, all you got is the baby.

just go along with my proverb

Edited by Nintendoga

Crash 1, 3 and Team Racing are on Europe's. I have all three! Though I'm dissapointed that 2 isn't.

Edited by Rainbow Ring

Still no Crash, no Spyro, no MGS, no Resident Evil,

I guess Sony doesn't want my money, oh well.

I thought you had a PS3? MGS and the RE games work if you transfer. Look at the bright side: at least you guys will get Castlevania games eventually. The idiots at Konami Europe never put up any of them (Chronicles/Symphony/Dracula X) on PSN so I'm left with this useless money in my hands.

Still, surprised to see they're actually updating the list more often than once a week. That's borderline competent for SCEA's standards.

On related news there's something wrong with the Monkeypaw import release of Alundra and the EU version has constant slowdown (both on PS3 and Vita). Now I have to wait for a fix. FUCK.

But I did get to try Front Mission 3, to satisfying results - PSOne games look vastly better on the Vita than on PS3 because of the higher density screen. Will copy the virtual mem card and continue playing there.

Crash 1, 3 and Team Racing are on Europe's. I have all three! Though I'm dissapointed that 2 isn't.

2012-08-31-035853.jpg

Shows for me.

I thought you had a PS3? MGS and the RE games work if you transfer. Look at the bright side: at least you guys will get Castlevania games eventually. The idiots at Konami Europe never put up any of them (Chronicles/Symphony/Dracula X) on PSN so I'm left with this useless money in my hands.

Still, surprised to see they're actually updating the list more often than once a week. That's borderline competent for SCEA's standards.

On related news there's something wrong with the Monkeypaw import release of Alundra and the EU version has constant slowdown (both on PS3 and Vita). Now I have to wait for a fix. FUCK.

But I did get to try Front Mission 3, to satisfying results - PSOne games look vastly better on the Vita than on PS3 because of the higher density screen. Will copy the virtual mem card and continue playing there.

2012-08-31-035853.jpg

Shows for me.

Ah, it's there now. I checked yesterday, it wasn't there. Now it is. I shall buy. Thanks for the heads up!

You caught the storefront as they were updating it, in all likeliness. Happened to me too, but today the full list of games is available and they're properly sorted.

You caught the storefront as they were updating it, in all likeliness. Happened to me too, but today the full list of games is available and they're properly sorted.

Yeah, I remember the alphabetical order was all wrong.

So who else has had glitches?

2q99nux.jpg

I've played Final Fantasy VII hundreds of times since its release, on PSOne, PSP, PC and PS3, and have NEVER had this occur. This is just the status screen. The rest of the game is fucked too.

Edited by Stasis

FFVII has always had trouble with emulated disc speed increases. Check the emulator settings and make sure it's set to 'normal'.

It's.. uh.

Does anyone really use Remote Play? I have a Vita and had a PSP and I seriously never found any use of it apart from it being a gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's only for play "Play games without the TV!"

except the PSP supported very few games and the Vita is only getting to work on supporting them

EDIT: and I think you can watch Movies without saving them to the PSP/Vita

Edited by Rawrdom

EDIT: and I think you can watch Movies without saving them to the PSP/Vita

You can watch videos saved to the HDD, listen to music saved to the HDD, view pictures saved to the HDD, watch DVD's/Bluray's, play any Psone game (as far as I know, all my PSone classics worked via remote play of course with a slight lag to my inputs to results) I could even send messages to friends, go into chat rooms, use the browser, access the pseye camera, and a bit more.

It's a shame Netflix doesn't work via remote play.

• 2 weeks later...

PSN+ For the Vita launches in November. No specific date yet. But the EU blog is saying November... details are as follows.

Games: Plus members get to play the full versions of designated content for PS Vita available on PlayStation Store as long as their membership is effective, at no extra cost.

Discounts: Access exclusive discounts on certain PS Vita titles.

Online Game Save: Upload game save data for compatible games to Online Cloud Storage, offering up to 1GB of space. (Do not know if this is on top of or inclusive of your typical PS3 PSN+ package).

Automatic content downloads and updates: PS Vita will automatically download designated game demos and game updates, and also download system software updates.

Automatic Trophy sync: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to sync Trophy information across PlayStation Network servers.

So it's pretty much PSN+ for the PS3 only on the Vita. I'll be very interested to see what 'games' they'll offer if they're going to do a 'your game collection' for Vita owners too.

Also... Current PSN+ users and new users will be able to use the Vita PSN+ at no extra charge. So it's not going to be as some feared, one cost for the PS3 and a seperate cost for Vita.

Something tells me this might end up being the reason they stopped giving the main PSN+ all the classic PSOne titles.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Vita will get a Price Cut next year

PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut next year, according to Sony UK boss Fergal Gara.

The executive confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo that a price reduction is coming in 2013, but precisely when it will be introduced is "still under discussion".

"We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.

"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."

This will ensure a successful holiday 2012.

Edited by Nintendoga

Hm. I pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Edition (which is already sold out, so no regrets there), but don't have a Vita yet. Guess I'll be sitting with an improved version of the best game ever alongside a bunch of Vita gear with no means of making use out of either.

Are you going to actually listen this time? >_>

I'd say Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes. Assassins Creed Liberation is coming end of this month. That's all I can really think of. There's the MGS HD Collection, but I'd get the console version over it.

Wait, what. Is Sony saying that cutting the price NEXT YEAR will somehow make more people buy a Vita this year? Erm...

No, they aren't. They're saying that even though the price cut isn't now they're working on ways to make it an attractive purchase for Christmas.