Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I don't plan on changing from my 4GB card for a loong time. These things are expensive as hell and don't work on anything else ):

tbh, 4GB suits me fine!

Aren't PSV games like 3GB? lol

Well I don't plan on downloading any, I love the PSV boxes and the PSV carts! Way nicer than those of PSP games.

Always been more of a physical >>> digital person tbhhhh.

Aren't PSV games like 3GB? lol

Depends on the game, to be honest. Lowest one I've seen has been just over 1GB.

I've gotten back into my Vita, managed to pick up a second hand 32GB card from CeX for about £50, which isn't too bad when you think about it. Finally able to play all the games I bought off PSN when they were on the cheap XD

I wasnt being serious. I know Sony thinks this is a good way to gather more sales, but it seems like such a bad attempt that it is laughable. This is the type of promotion someone uses when they sign up for a membership like Gamefly, not buying a $300 handheld. And I'm guessing there is going to be a good amount of restrictions or a delay in receiving the gift card like with the free game Sony offered in the Vita bundle. This isn't the moment yoy jump out of your seat because "Now is the time to buy a Vita!"

I agree, but I feel like this year is gonna be a good year for the Vita. Handhelds for some reason need a year to bed in and get going, which is odd as you kinda need them to hit the ground running.

If you look at the 3DS, that took a good 6 months or so to really start gaining some sort of traction, in the UK at least. Once Nintendo dropped the price, and started releasing some pretty good games on it, the sales started flowing. 2012 was an excellent year for 3DS.

On the other side of the coin, the Vita came out with some cracking games (Wipeout 2048, Uncharted, Gravity Rush), but that range of quality hasn't really been consistent as yet. Yes, there's been the odd PS3 game that's been ported over, as well as new handheld entries of existing franchises, but I reckon this year we'll see some more games that help to show what the Vita is actually about. I'd hate for a console as good as this one to get relegated to the PSP's level, where it ended up with a decent software library, but nobody around to appreciate it.

I'm hoping we get Soul Sacrifice this year. That game is said to be a really really good game if the Japanese demo is anything to go by.

Its sold almost 4 times as many units. No its not.

4 times 0 is still 0

BA DUM TSH

/bad joke

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm going to imagine PS4/Vita compatibility.

2013 has to be the year of the Vita. If not, then maybe I would fear that the Vita's going to do worse than the PSP. However as I said before, PS3 and PSP BOTH had slow starts too, and I remember people saying 7 years ago, "PS3 IS DEAD! RIP SONY! PS3 HAS NO GAMZE!"

...Sony showed them, PS3 beating 360 worldwide today. Great exclusive titles. Oh yeah, and it didn't die.

The Vita will pick up eventually. The Vita isn't even 1 year old in the West yet and already trolls are calling it off. Didn't the 3DS get this sort of crap too before the price drop?

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

I think the big difference is that 3DS actually had lots of stuff on the (far) horizon, Vita doesn't yet, I was very surprised that nothing was really shown for it at E3 last year so hopefully this year will be different.

Also I'm pretty sure the PSP's start wasn't all that slow, the PSP was anything but a failure overall. I really can't see the Vita beating the PSP, but yeah like you said it could totally turn itself around within a few years.

I think the big difference is that 3DS actually had lots of stuff on the (far) horizon, Vita doesn't yet, I was very surprised that nothing was really shown for it at E3 last year so hopefully this year will be different.

Also I'm pretty sure the PSP's start wasn't all that slow, the PSP was anything but a failure overall. I really can't see the Vita beating the PSP, but yeah like you said it could totally turn itself around within a few years.

Right now from the top of my head we have Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Warriors Lair and Dragon's Crown to look forward in 2013.

I'm pretty sure we will get something new at E3 and then TGS like Gravity Rush 2.

...Sony showed them, PS3 beating 360 worldwide today. Great exclusive titles. Oh yeah, and it didn't die.

Fyi, the "PS3 beating 360 worldwide" claim is something that's heavily disputed by analysts.

Right now from the top of my head we have Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Warriors Lair and Dragon's Crown to look forward in 2013.

I'm pretty sure we will get something new at E3 and then TGS like Gravity Rush 2.

Two of those are getting PS3 versions and none of those are system movers really.

Fyi, the "PS3 beating Microsoft worldwide" claim is something that's heavily disputed by analysts.

Two of those are getting PS3 versions and none of those are system movers really.

Still better than nothing. I hope we get a portable God of War or something in those lines this E3, other than that I'm out of ideas for something that call sell the system outside of Japan.

Don't forget Bioshock which aparently is still being worked on. Oh yeah and theres that old Mini game which is getting a big HD upgrade which looks absolutely awesome.

Don't forget Bioshock which aparently is still being worked on. Oh yeah and theres that old Mini game which is getting a big HD upgrade which looks absolutely awesome.

By "being worked on" do you mean still in the idea stage? Levine said that it's up to the people at Take Two and Sony to work something out, but nothing concrete has even been brought up. We'd be lucky to see the game in early 2014, let alone at all.

As for the PS3 versus Xbox 360 sales debate, wasnt it just said that more PS3 units were shiped worldwide, not sold?

• Thumbs Up 1

By "being worked on" do you mean still in the idea stage? Levine said that it's up to the people at Take Two and Sony to work something out, but nothing concrete has even been brought up. We'd be lucky to see the game in early 2014, let alone at all.

Maybe we'll hear more about it in the upcoming E3.

As for the PS3 versus Xbox 360 sales debate, wasnt it just said that more PS3 units were shiped worldwide, not sold?

Nope, it's units sold. (also click this link for half of 2012's sales, add it all up and PS3 had sold 70.2 million units)

Plus the PS3 sold 1 year after 360. Impressive actually.

Then again, Asians tend to avoid the 360. It sells like crap in places like Japan.

It probably did help that Sony typically does well in Japan. Microsoft just can't seem to get a foothold there. I'll say, out of the 2, I do enjoy my PS3 far more than my 360.

• Thumbs Up 1

It probably did help that Sony typically does well in Japan. Microsoft just can't seem to get a foothold there. I'll say, out of the 2, I do enjoy my PS3 far more than my 360.

Pay 60 dollars a year to get dashboard ads.

lol.

As a piece of tech, the Vita is an impressive device. It's powerful. It's sexy. I'd buy one, the problem is I wouldn't know what to do with it. I think the age of handheld gaming as we know it is dead, and the Vita is a prime example of this.

I see two major problems with handheld gaming today that are working together to contribute to the failure of this device. The first is the obvious one: smartphones. Everyone these days is carrying around these really powerful multipurpose devices. On my iPhone I can make phone calls, watch movies, browse the internet, play surprisingly good and inexpensive games, take and upload fantastic pictures, make video calls, listen to music, I could keep going but you get the point. I've got a device in my pocket already that does everything I need and plays games. The only way for handheld devices like the Vita to be compelling is to up the power and provide killer game experiences on the go, which oddly enough brings about the second problem:

The Vita is too powerful for its own good.

The Vita is a great handheld console, capable of playing games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss which is practically a fully fledged Uncharted game in itself. The problem is that these games are so good and so close to a home console experience that I'd actually rather be playing them on a home console. The thing is, no matter how good the games are, I'm not going to carry this extra device around with me because I don't need to. My 3DS never leaves my house. If I owned a Vita, it would be the same situation. Since these games are so close to PS3 games and I'm already playing them in my house, I'd rather they just be on my PS3 so I could play them on my TV.

I think Nintendo's making the right move with the Wii U by blurring the lines between the home console and the portable console. The GamePad lets me play fully fledged console games anywhere in my house. The 3DS and the Vita can't compete with that in my opinion because even though they can leave the home, my smartphone ensures that they never do.

I want to like the Vita, in fact I do like the Vita, I just can't justify purchasing one no matter how cool it seems. I hope Sony takes the Wii U route with the PS4.

I don't know. I've recently gotten a smart phone, and though I've played some really great games, I don't see myself getting into them as much as anything on handhelds. Handheld games still have a place but, they need to market to the right people rather than trying to make some sort of Smart Phone-like device minus the phone.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 2

I rather have a proper game to play on the bus, road trip or on the plane like Transformed, LittleBigPlanet & Project Diva f then Angry Birds, DS version of All-Stars Racing or old selected ports like Vice City. Sometimes I even bring the Vita to college while I'm studying in the library!

I don't consider myself a casual gamer who is in love with these small games. I get bored of them easily. It's like 2 runs of Temple Run 2 and I'm done with it for now.

Hmm, I'll wait to see something more concrete. Carbo did say it is being heavily debated. 

It's from the official Sony site. How much more concrete do you need? And where exactly is this being heavily debated?