Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Are you going to actually listen this time? >_>

I'd say Gravity Rush and Sound Shapes. Assassins Creed Liberation is coming end of this month. That's all I can really think of. There's the MGS HD Collection, but I'd get the console version over it.

Only Gravity Rush interests me. Maybe Rayman Origins too since I had to sell it when I owned the 360 version, and heard the Vita version is the most superior.

The Vita version is superior to the 3DS version, but not the console versions as far as I know.

Vita version doesn't have multiplayer. Despite it's faithful translation this cripples most of the fun had in the title and the additional gimmicks added don't add anything to the game, and sometimes make it a bit too easier (bubbles pop on touch screen).

Otherwise it's still the same good title you remember it to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Well whilst in America a few weeks ago, I decided to pick up a Vita, because yay much cheaper than the UK prices!

Gotta say i'm really enjoying it so far, though I just wish that the games here in the UK were a lot cheaper because deciding between a new PS3 game or a Vita one... PS3 is almost always gonna win out.

Well anyway.

PS3 firmware 4.30 comes out today and with it comes a bit of a change to Vita owners. That being, Vita trophies will now display on your PS3.

However whats odd is that the trophy icon on the XMB is now going to move under the 'network' side of the XMB. Why? Because Sony Science!

8107621731_e358c6bf92_z.jpg

And Folding at Home officially retires with this update... which I don't think I've used since 2007.

• 3 weeks later...

Software update 2.0 Details and details of the Playstation + Vita package have been announced... and they're amazing.

It goes live on November 20th for the USA. November 21st for Europe.

Here is the content for the USA.

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

First month, the following games are free.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss,

Jet Set Radio HD,

WipEout 2048,

Gravity Rush

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!,

PSP titles.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

This following is the PSN+ content package for Europe.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss,

Gravity Rush

Chronovolt.

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

And... thats it? I suspect that like the main PSN+ deal this will balance out with the US one as the months go on.

Oh and you also get an additional 1GB online save space too.

Furthermore, here is a video explaining all the features of software update 2.0.

Edit: According to the comments on the Europe article. Jet Set Radio HD is going to be on the Europe store next week... but if it's free or not I don't know.

I have PS+ but I only have a PS3. If I keep that going and if I ever do get a Vita do I get access to the back log of free games?

Yes you do.

If you buy PSN+ on the Vita or the PS3, you also get it for the other system.

The best way to think about it is, Playstation + Covers both services, theres not a PS3 PSN+ or a Vita PSN+ you buy PSN+ you get access to all free/discounted content.

However if they change the content and it's no longer in PSN+ then you will lose out if you don't add it to your download list.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy shit. As if I didn't have enough of a backlog already.

NA region started stronger but I suspect the SCEE team will soon beat them into the ground. PS+ offers over here are incredible.

I have PS+ but I only have a PS3. If I keep that going and if I ever do get a Vita do I get access to the back log of free games?

As Hog said, "purchase" them as they come up so they appear on your download history. If you want to make sure they got saved, start the download and cancel it later.

That will permanently enable the freebies so you can play them anytime (as long as you have an active subscription).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet, thanks guys. If I ever do get a Vita I'll have plenty to keep me busy on it thanks to this.

I'm not sure if you can or not, but with the PSP, you could access the PSP side of the playstation store using a computer, so maybe it's possible to access the vita side of the store using a PC?

Unless of course they'll put all the Vita content in the main store too under the PSN+ section? You could always add it to your download list then actually download it once you get a vita.

The only thing I don't get is why Sony would give away all these games with PSN+.

They could have raked in a ton of money during Black Friday or Christmas season. Why would I buy Uncharted when I'll play through it once?

The only thing I don't get is why Sony would give away all these games with PSN+.

They could have raked in a ton of money during Black Friday or Christmas season. Why would I buy Uncharted when I'll play through it once?

Because it does make them money.

A lot of the free games on PSN+ have a rather large number of DLC or have a single DLC pack which is £10. Some of these are trophy enabled DLC so a lot of people will buy them on that merit alone. Other packs are not but are significant enough to warrent interest if a player enjoys the game.

For example. They've had borderlands and Red Dead Redemption on the PS+ free game side a few months ago. Both those games have a lot of highly priced DLC. Whilst it's trophy enabled DLC, they're also really good games, so it's likely sales of those have gone up following their inclusion on PSN+

Also theres an image doing the rounds showing the Vita memory cards on Amazon, following the announcement of PS+ for the vita, even the 32GB cards have shot up in demand by over 100% according to amazon. They're most likely made a lot of money just from the announcement alone. Not to mention how many more PSN+ subscribers this is going to get them.

But why not sell the game by itself ($50) and then let users buy DLC afterwards?

I'm more specifically talking about the PSVita, since that is new. I guess memory cards can be a factor, but I feel like they cost more to produce which is why they're higher in price compared to SD Cards.

Unless of course they'll put all the Vita content in the main store too under the PSN+ section?

They're doing this, according to the blog.

This is a way to get people with Plus to buy a Vita. For just the price of the hardware they'd already have several high profile games on day one, games that aren't doing them any good if they only own a PS3. Not to mention you're gonna need dem memory cards (currently have 100GB of free + games on the PS3 so you get an idea), and peripherals are 100% pure profit.

Additionally, I suspect the subscription service must be raking in the moneys so they want to entice as many new users as possible. Having such an offer at the start of the service is very alluring.

• Thumbs Up 2

But why not sell the game by itself ($50) and then let users buy DLC afterwards?

I'm more specifically talking about the PSVita, since that is new. I guess memory cards can be a factor, but I feel like they cost more to produce which is why they're higher in price compared to SD Cards.

you said it yourself.

Why would I buy Uncharted when I'll play through it once?

If they sell it on the store, it'll have a stupidly high price and the majority won't buy it.

Now most of the games which go for free are usually a year or two old. The majority of people were going to buy the game have done. Sales of both the game and DLC are not usually likely to be high.

However, you give everyone that game for free, people who previously had no interest in it will likely try it out. If they like the game, they may buy the DLC. considering the DLC for games very rarely drops in price, you'd make more money in the long run from these sales than you would if you hoped people would buy an old game with a reduced price.

Now some games get put on the free games list which are new, Hell Yeah was a recent one. But, wouldn't you know it, theres several DLC packs for that out nwo.

you said it yourself.

B-But that was my point in buying PSN+ instead of the retail game. If the retail game was the only option, that means Sony would have my money.

And it IS Christmas/Black Friday season. You think this would be the perfect time to do a price drop on the games and start selling them in masses. I don't think DLC will do that well so I don't think it will be the best way to recoup costs. This is especially true if the DLC is expensive.

But why am I complaining? Free games! tongue.png

Edited by Autosaver

Oh man - this is rich. Anyone figured CoD Declassified would be a killer app or a must have for the Vita? Something that would push units? It's being slaughtered by publications and players right now. It's apparently absolute shit.

Well, it's just been stated that allegedly it only had a five month development time. It's unfathomably tragic how one of Sony's most hyped portable exclusives this year is such a massive blunder.

On some more somber news though, 3DS is outselling Vita by 47-1 in Japan, marking the worst week the console has had since launch. Sony better secure themselves a Monster Hunter title or something, the PSP is arguably preventing Vita from making a huge impact since a lot of Japanese developers are still favoring the former.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh man - this is rich. Anyone figured CoD Declassified would be a killer app or a must have for the Vita? Something that would push units? It's being slaughtered by publications and players right now. It's apparently absolute shit.

Well, it's just been stated that allegedly it only had a five month development time. It's unfathomably tragic how one of Sony's most hyped portable exclusives this year is such a massive blunder.

On some more somber news though, 3DS is outselling Vita by 47-1 in Japan, marking the worst week the console has had since launch. Sony better secure themselves a Monster Hunter title or something, the PSP is arguably preventing Vita from making a huge impact since a lot of Japanese developers are still favoring the former.

Er, I bought it and yes its very disappointing. I wasn't specting the single player to blow me away but Burning Skies is much better compare to this. The main thing I wanted it for was multiplayer and I can't even play it online I get the "Insufficient NAT" error, the same shitty error I get for Resistance: Burning Skies. I can play Unit 13 online but why not these two games. sad.png

Sony better secure themselves a Monster Hunter title or something, the PSP is arguably preventing Vita from making a huge impact since a lot of Japanese developers are still favoring the former.

Nintendo seem to have some kind of exclusivity deal going on with Capcom regarding Monster Hunter lately, with M3U and MH4 upcoming, so it seems Sony are fucked on that front.

Jesus. Activision obviously doesn't care about Declassified and they seem to be not even advertising it, and the word of mouth will kill off any interest into that game, resulting in nonexistent sales. What should've been the Vita's killer app is a piece of complete garbage, and there's no saving the Vita in Japan at this point. The Vita, I suspect, could well be consigned to an early death if things don't pick up. Seriously, it's practically Sony's biggest hardware failure yet so far.

I still plan on getting one for Persona 4, of course, but still.

To be honest I have had my Vita for a few months and its Games aren't impressing me so far as much I thought it would. It is frustrating because it has so much potential.

The only game that I have got so far that I like is Uncharted: Golden Abyss because at least some effort was put into it.

Hell I have some PSP games that are more enjoyable than some of these.

Hope Sony can pick up on this. sad.png

Okay, now, I don't keep up with Call of Duty at all, I've only ever seen a game in action twice and that was Black Ops II. The first was at E3 because I was watching the event, the second time was in Retro's IRC as someone linked the club scene...but I always know when a new one is coming out. It's impossible to avoid.

But there's a title called Call of Duty Declassified? School Survivial Guide I'm usually pretty on the ball with upcoming releases but I didn't even know about that one. Can't see this working well from them going off of those reviews :P