Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Well, the only thing Sony can do is get more developers on board and wait for the upcoming games to be finished to a high standard.

Maybe use some of their 1st party to start developing new IP or something. They lack the history that Nintendo have and rely upon for sales, so I guess they can only counter by bringing new and interesting ideas to the table.

Maybe it won't be 100% amazing as was in the case of Gravity Rush, but you can't blame them for trying.

Well, the only thing Sony can do is get more developers on board and wait for the upcoming games to be finished to a high standard.

Maybe use some of their 1st party to start developing new IP or something. They lack the history that Nintendo have and rely upon for sales, so I guess they can only counter by bringing new and interesting ideas to the table.

Maybe it won't be 100% amazing as was in the case of Gravity Rush, but you can't blame them for trying.

If by "lack the history of Nintendo" you mean that they don't have any IPs to use I would disagree. Sony has a shitload of IPs that they could use, but they always seem to use them for a gen of consoles and then let them die slowly.

From the top of my head series like PaRappa the Rapper, Jak and Daxter, Jeanne d'Arc and Invizimals don't have anything in their future and could help boost some sales, add some console spin-offs like Uncharted: Golden Abyss with the likes of Infamous and God of War, continue creating new games like Gravity Rush and Escape Plan and give them sequels and most important, secure 3rd party games that are system sellers like MGS and Persona.

The Vita is an amazing console and I want to see it succeed, 2013 has some great games like Tearaway coming, but we also need some big names.

If by "lack the history of Nintendo" you mean that they don't have any IPs to use I would disagree. Sony has a shitload of IPs that they could use, but they always seem to use them for a gen of consoles and then let them die slowly.

From the top of my head series like PaRappa the Rapper, Jak and Daxter, Jeanne d'Arc and Invizimals don't have anything in their future and could help boost some sales, add some console spin-offs like Uncharted: Golden Abyss with the likes of Infamous and God of War, continue creating new games like Gravity Rush and Escape Plan and give them sequels and most important, secure 3rd party games that are system sellers like MGS and Persona.

The Vita is an amazing console and I want to see it succeed, 2013 has some great games like Tearaway coming, but we also need some big names.

Yeah they do have those, but it seems their top developers no longer want to make more games in those respective franchises.

Maybe Sony could get a 2nd party developer to continue certain franchises on, like they did with Sky the Cooper 4, but who knows.....

New IPs are currently precisely what are selling the Vita, Gravity Rush and presumably mediamolecule's new title which will probably be amazing as some of Vita's more notable softwares.

It's not doing too terribly on the first party front, it needs support from third parties. It's biggest sellers at the moment in Japan are Persona 4 and Project Diva, both redos of PS2/PSP games respectively! It really really needs more really good exclusives from these third parties, an exclusive Shin Megami Tensei or Final Fantasy may shift the system in Japan, an exclusive GTA may shift the system in the west, etc.

I still think that if Sony can't get developers walking up to them offering support, they need to buy support. Unless they already feel like giving up on the Vita. I've heard rumours to that effect but no sources.

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy IV PSP

If there's not a Vita version I'll be shocked.

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy IV PSP

If there's not a Vita version I'll be shocked.

Well, you can already play the PSP version on the Vita

RGpGh.jpg

But what about FFX HD? The last thing I heard about it was back in November when a SE employee said that it was still in the works.

Here's what lies the problem really.

Most great Vita titles can also be bought on the PS3. That soon has to change. No wait, it has to change now if possible. I know the cross-features between the PS3 & Vita can make your experience with them much better but for Vita's sake that has to stop and Vita must have exclusives for itself.

We need:

God of War Vita

Sly Cooper Vita (NOT Thieves of Time, because that's a PS3 title too)

Ratchet & Clank Vita (Not Frontal Assault)

Killzone Vita

Gravity Rush Sequel

Tales of Hearts/Project Diva localized (Put it live in the PS Store if want to avoid any extra costs!)

Any great 3rd party exclusives

And these games must not turn out like Declassified. Please.

The Vita needs its own identity. I see no identity if it continues to feed off the same games the PS3 is also getting.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well next year the Vita is getting that rather marvelous Soul Sacrifice that I'm suprised doesn't have a topic on here yet.

That's because no one has heard of it. :mellow:

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there's a thread to be made on Soul Sacrifice I'd wait for the english demo to hit first so people can post impressions and arrange multiplayer games.

But what about FFX HD? The last thing I heard about it was back in November when a SE employee said that it was still in the works.

KH HD remake started first and they both use the same engine, when that is done the team responsible will move onto FFX HD.

We'll get screens and shit then... assuming the resource black hole that XIV is stops screwing up an already fucked schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

SCEA has a brilliant new Vita campaign.

i5yqCiuuqxQag.pngiwr3phx3q1IK8.png

Loling, SCEA getting desperate.

But if you DO get a Vita by any chance
you better refer me when you sign up.
Or else

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmm ok

"Oi SSMB! Buy a Vita!"

There I've done my part.

*The irony here is that I've been playing with my Vita a lot this week. and actually enjoying it =p

I'm still stuck at step 1 though.

@Hoggy - You sure this isn't America only?

Edited by Autosaver

You both get one.

Still, they must be trolling. XD

Why would Sony be "trolling"? They are in deep shit, of course they need to do something about it, even if it is something as useless as this.

*The irony here is that I've been playing with my Vita a lot this week. and actually enjoying it =p

Same here. Just finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush some weeks ago, now I'm playing some PSP games like Prinny 2 and Persona 3 until Persona 4 Golden is released here.

I'm still stuck at step 1 though.

@Hoggy - You sure this isn't America only?

I could always use it on my US account, then download the games and play them on my main.

The Vita sounds as doomed as the 32x.

Doubt it. The 32x was doomed from the start. It cost $200 with about 30 games, none of them being any good, and the Sega Saturn was already out. As well as all the rumors about it, there was litterally no reason to buy one.

While the Vita does need to get it's shit together, it's hardly in the position the 32X was.

I could always use it on my US account, then download the games and play them on my main.

You can't. PS Vita memory cards and games are locked to one account.
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can buy used memory cards and you can change the account on yours anytime (but it's going to format itself for the new user so you'd have to back up your files first). So it's a hassle and -most importantly- you can't pull the PS3 content sharing method.

You can't. PS Vita memory cards and games are locked to one account.

Except that he could use the PSN store credit on PS3 games, and that system has no problem with multi-user presence.

In exchange for this useful piece of info I will gracefully accept someone to hook me up with the aforementioned $20 so I can finance my expensive hobbies.

wait, so I can't buy a used memory card?

You can format it but once a memory card is linked to a PSN account you can't change the account unless you format it again, nor can you add games that aren't linked to your account.

I don't plan on changing from my 4GB card for a loong time. These things are expensive as hell and don't work on anything else ):

tbh, 4GB suits me fine!