Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

My biggest problem playing DmC isn't the shitty new characters, the god-awful writing or even the fact that it isn't even as good as DMC3. My main beef is how the game feels like it's had an identity stripped out of it. It doesn't "feel" like Devil May Cry to me anymore. It has the surface but it doesn't really get the substance and it just feels like it lacks an identity.

I think most people who hated the game before playing the demo felt like that due to the new characters, aesthetics, and god-awful writing. I feel that way myself, and I still have yet to play the demo.

We were bitching about that very feeling the moment they changed their minds from setting it before DMC1 to making it an alternate universe with a new Dante.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think most people who hated the game before playing the demo felt like that due to the new characters, aesthetics, and god-awful writing. I feel that way myself, and I still have yet to play the demo.

We were bitching about that very feeling the moment they changed their minds from setting it before DMC1 to making it an alternate universe with a new Dante.

Setting it before DMC one was a pretty dumb idea and I'm glad they scrapped it, how can you go any farther back than 3?

Dante is like in his 18 maybe going on 20?

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

Well since there's a demo, I may as well play it, I did always want to check out the DMC series, so now I have an excuse to.

And no, I don't give a shit if it's "not good" I'll play whatever version I'll feel like, and then move on from there.

• Thumbs Up 1

after playing the demo I have to say that its not really all too bead granted im still getting used to the new controls since they are all pretty overwhelming but I think the game will do pretty well, I will admit Dante is kind of iffy in terms of dialogue and the overall story just seems like some movie that was released during the year or something.

Played the demo. Just like playing it at Eurogamer, I enjoyed it quite a lot. In fact I enjoyed it better this time around, now that I was getting to grips with the combat system. It's just as fun as the past games. I like that you can switch weapons during a combo and pull off some sweet moves. The controls felt a little better from the last time I played it. It was a little stiff before but from playing it again they feel a lot better. Still not perfect but improved none the less. The art direction is also pretty fantastic.

In terms of how this DMC universe is being handled, i'm interested to see more. The limbo consept is cool and I like how it's talking about the modern media. I love how over the top the dialouge is. The boss fight is a great example of this. It's silly, ridiculous and boy it made me laugh. I get people are raging on how the dialouge is handled, however I see it as OTT fun that doesn't take itself too seriously. I can understand how fans will feel angry towards this reboot direction making it feel more like a bad video game movie adaptation and thats fine. I myself can't wait to see more.

As on what I think needs to be adressed, this game really needs a lock-on system. It would benefit the game a hell of a lot. Why there isn't one and the past games had this I don't quite understand. Also the angel dash sometimes won't activiate leaving me to plummet to my death. It works most of the time but it's not quite as responsive as I hoped.

So yeah, overall i'm quite pleased. Glad i've preordered it. I love the original games (apart from DMC2, Ugh..) and i'm willing to give this reboot a chance.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Played the demo. The game's weird. Everything about it is just weird. It looks weird, it plays weird, and the story is weird. Everything's just weird.

Note that I'm not saying it's bad. I'm sure I could get used to how it plays at least. It was just weird and confusing every step of the way.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Played the demo, this game is...not bad actually. Like Chooch said, it's a bit weird but, it isn't the abomination a lot of people were saying it would be (and hoping). I'll probably look into it, though I don't know whether I'd buy it at full price. The script is friggin' stupid, though.

That shouldn't be a glitch that should be a fucking feature. Minus the getting stuck part.

Edited by Nu-13/Noel Vermillion
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm aware this was posted earlier but god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts00KdUYAqY[/media]

XxDanteDaDemonKiLLAHxX_420 hard at work

Oddly, that is freaking awesome! I'd buy the game just so i could do that.

*goes back 2 pages just to see T-man's donald duck gif*

Damnit T-man. That gif you used was fucking awesome. Damn. That seriously put a smile on my face today.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Looks a page back* Don't know if you knew this CSS but, the Triangle being jump thing was a dumb localization choice, jump was supposed to be Cross and Triangle was supposed to be Attack (Circle was examine), they actually restored the Japanese version control scheme in the DMC collection.

Doubt this is real but....

"' Also, there's no character arc, nothing is learned, there are no morals to the story, Mundus or whatever the fuck, has children and Donte kills their mother and make them watch, then slaughter them, then slowly murder Mundus and feeds him his children."

Knowing the story of Enslaved's original story, I wouldn't be surprised if NT made Donte a Complete Monster and thought he was a total badass for doing so.

Edited by Falco

Setting it before DMC one was a pretty dumb idea and I'm glad they scrapped it, how can you go any farther back than 3?

Dante is like in his 18 maybe going on 20?

Really? Are you fucking serious? You mean to tell me there's no way they could have gone with a younger teenaged Dante like they initially announced the first time? You could see it at the first few pages of this very topic, and I find it a case being the Contrarian to say that they couldn't have done so.

Setting it before DMC 3 would have actually been a better idea in that they wouldn't have a huge internet backlash over the changes first and foremost. Before scrapping the idea, people were skeptical as hell until they came and said this is suppose to be Dante as a teenager, and if you noticed back then people actually started to calm down and let the idea settle for the most part.

Then they say "lol nope, this is a different Dante" and ended up stirring the nest again. The very fans who hate it now would've been more supportive had none of that ever happened, and would be the very people you would want to play the game rather than pissing them off.

After going back through the demo, my verdict is.....this isn't that bad. Then again that demo really didn't show me what chaos this game can do. All it did was annoy me with the angel/demon enemies. Gosh those are annoying. And then I don't know the combos for angel/demon dante didn't help. It's just this demo was a little lackluster. Atleast in the Bayonetta demo was pure sex from start til end.

Really? Are you fucking serious?....

I was going to stop reading there, 'cause like your attitude is really annoying and mean.

But okay, I'll read on.

Dante's backstory in 3 was fine.

Besides prequel or not Dante still smoked and acted like a goon and I don't really want to acknowledge he was ever like that in his youth.

They both looked nothing alike anyway, black hair aside their facial structure was different. So I couldn't really see this 'dante' as the dante in the other games.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

I suppose, as a dissenter of this game, I should defend my position.

Now, I was never under the illusion that the gameplay would be at least adequate. It's not really DMC, but it always just looked adequate. About as good as one might build off a flawed premise.

It's the story, setting, and characters I am wary of. Each trailer and such only seems to confirm my beliefs.

Basically, I'm expecting it to be the Other M of Devil May Cry: meh gameplay, atrocious story. I hope I'm wrong, of course, and that NT fixes things up, but prospects don't look too promising.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? Are you fucking serious? You mean to tell me there's no way they could have gone with a younger teenaged Dante like they initially announced the first time? You could see it at the first few pages of this very topic, and I find it a case being the Contrarian to say that they couldn't have done so.

Setting it before DMC 3 would have actually been a better idea in that they wouldn't have a huge internet backlash over the changes first and foremost. Before scrapping the idea, people were skeptical as hell until they came and said this is suppose to be Dante as a teenager, and if you noticed back then people actually started to calm down and let the idea settle for the most part.

Then they say "lol nope, this is a different Dante" and ended up stirring the nest again. The very fans who hate it now would've been more supportive had none of that ever happened, and would be the very people you would want to play the game rather than pissing them off.

Miku already said this more or less but they already had a perfectly adequate prequel/origins story in 3. having a prequel to a prequel is redundant idiocy. Why does anyone need an origin for someones origins? How far back can they go? Alt universe is the only way they can sell the radical redesign.

I was going to stop reading there, 'cause like your attitude is really annoying and mean.

Little peeved at how going further back is seen as stupid because of the idea. I tend to not follow that logic very well regardless of what we're talking about.

But if you find droping an F-bomb mean, I don't know what to tell you.

Dante's backstory in 3 was fine.

Yes it was. Going back further wouldn't have damaged that or have been stupid. People were fine with this game being a prequel to a prequel before getting angry at it being changed to something else. Early in this topic, I would have been perfectly content with it being either one had they not go and tell us it was going to be something else after giving us the initial details on the plot.

And heck, people were generally suspicious about whether it was a prequel or a new DMC entirely. I think if they had up and told us it was a new DMC entirely, while there would still be people upset at the changes they would eventually warm up to it in some way if they made this as likable as the original DMC. They screwed up in announcing that they're doing something else instead, and not making the Dante as endearing as they would imagine.

Besides prequel or not Dante still smoked and acted like a goon and I don't really want to acknowledge he was ever like that in his youth.

Honestly, if they gave us something that justified that in his youth, I don't see how that would be a problem either. Granted, I wasn't really in on the smoking thing myself, but I would have rolled with it keeping in mind that his mother was killed and that something like that can easily put someone like him into smoking and troublemaking.

They both looked nothing alike anyway, black hair aside their facial structure was different. So I couldn't really see this 'dante' as the dante in the other games.

We all knew that from the beginning that this Dante looked different, but we were under the impression that he would become the Dante as we've known to see him in this game.

Miku already said this more or less but they already had a perfectly adequate prequel/origins story in 3. having a prequel to a prequel is redundant idiocy.

I'm pretty sure many would have preferred a prequel to a prequel than this game to care about how idiotic it is.

I've said it many times, a concept is not bad because of the concept itself, it is the execution of said concept. If you want to go further back and make prequel to a prequel, there is no harm in doing so as long as you had room for it (and DMC actually has enough room for one); likewise, if you wanted to make a whole new verse, there's no harm in doing so...well actually, there's a risk in alienating the fans, but in either scenario the only problem is in the way you deliver it.

Why does anyone need an origin for someones origins?

More backstory. More detail over Dante and Vergil's life before Dante decided to become a Demon Hunter to set up his shop, what Vergil was doing prior to DMC 3, or hell what they went through a year before DMC3 began.

I can give you a lot more.

How far back can they go?

We can try a year, seeing as how in DMC3 Dante and Vergil never seen each other for that long prior to that game.

Hell, we could go further before Vergil and Dante were even born and play through Sparda's rebellion against the demon world and salvation of humanity. I know for a fact that that was mentioned in this topic somewhere as one of the ideas Capcom had in mind.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the source was deleted. Though, depends on whether you would have found it reliable anyway considering where it came from.

Alt universe is the only way they can sell the radical redesign.

I'm sorry, but that's just bullshit.

For one, this winded up pissing off many of people this would have even stronger support for because they flat out lied about the redesign as a prequel to begin with. Frankly, if that was even the case, they should have sold the alternate universe idea at the beginning rather than tell us it was set before DMC3 as damage control right when people were getting upset at the changes and then proceeded to yank that chain and tell us it was set as something else. They managed to make people actually like Nero despite the blatant change of the main protagonist in DMC4; people were upset that Nero was taking the charge (I certainly know I was), but at eventually they grew to like him when they saw him as awesome enough to stand equal to Dante. They didn't need to make up anything (none that I recall anyway) at that point when they were going for changes, who's to say they needed to do so for this game?

Secondly, there would be nothing stopping them from going further back from DMC3 and there would be nothing wrong with them doing so. It's the same with this game: nothing would have been bad about them making it out as an alternate universe from the get go rather than saying one thing and intending something else. I'm pretty sure there's a chance that DMC fans who were irked about this change wouldn't have been too irked had they not felt lied to about the change in story and aesthetics. They've been waiting for another DMC title, and while this may not be a guarantee had the people behind it not made the fans feel insulted by this, they may have supported this title.

And lastly, they were actually doing fine selling this game as a prequel to a prequel. Yes, there was a lot of dissent for the design intially, but when they came and announced it as a prequel to DMC3 they managed to calm down a lot of nerves only to stir up the hornets nest again in telling them it would be something different instead. So to say that the alternate universe is the only way for them to have sold it and not as a prequel is completely false given the reactions of it being a prequel actually being looked forward to at the time.

I'm not one to judge the gameplay, but the story is a rather different case that I'm not going to easily budge from.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'm pretty sure many would have preferred a prequel to a prequel than this game to care about how idiotic it is.

I've said it many times, a concept is not bad because of the concept itself, it is the execution of said concept. If you want to go further back and make prequel to a prequel, there is no harm in doing so as long as you had room for it (and DMC actually has enough room for one); likewise, if you wanted to make a whole new verse, there's no harm in doing so...well actually, there's a risk in alienating the fans, but in either scenario the only problem is in the way you deliver it.

Making it a prequel wouldn't change the plot really. There is also zero harm in an alt universe retelling as it doesn't tarnish official canon. Official canon established by a bald man that works at Platinum Games now. I am having trouble parsing the meaning of this sentence in my brain but I think I've responded to your point.

If you're suggesting this game should have a different story completely maybe it should! But here's the thing: it doesn't and talking online about how awesome it would be if it did is a completely pointless waste of finger movement

More backstory. More detail over Dante and Vergil's life before Dante decided to become a Demon Hunter to set up his shop, what Vergil was doing prior to DMC 3, or hell what they went through a year before DMC3 began.

I can give you a lot more.

In the words of the great Hideki Kamiya

"Use your own brain."

"Why don't you imagine by yourself?"

"only Dante knows"

https://twitter.com/...tus/25669823717

https://twitter.com/...tus/25008011501

Only Dante knows. RT @cgentero: Is Nelo Angelo actually Vergil, or just a creation of Mundus like Trish, meant to look like him?

— 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya)

March 23, 2012

Even better, ask Kamiya yourself.

Having untold aspects of the story, or events or backstory not explicitly stated throughout the game is not a bad thing. Especially when whatever dante or vergil happened to be doing before DMC3 isn't particularly interesting to begin with, otherwise they would have mentioned it in another game somewhere already.

Also why would this game being canon be a good thing in any way shape or form? Isn't this thing being reviled due to it's presentation and apparent plot?

Honestly, if they gave us something that justified that in his youth, I don't see how that would be a problem either. Granted, I wasn't really in on the smoking thing myself, but I would have rolled with it keeping in mind that his mother was killed and that something like that can easily put someone like him into smoking and troublemaking

But he was already like.... 18 or something in DMC3. It doesn't make sense with his appearance for him to be any younger or smoking if he already got over it by DMC3. Where he was already ludicrously young. Him having the devil trigger when he gets it in 3 wouldn't make sense either.

It basically solves a lot of problems having it in an alt universe. I imagine the decision was made when someone at NT figured out how idiotic the story would seem otherwise.

but we were under the impression that he would become the Dante as we've known to see him in this game.
That is complete speculation on the author of that article's part.

I'm sorry, but that's just bullshit.
Is it? I'm sorry, it sure didn't seem to me like they were selling it before they came out annoucing the alt universe thing. It looked to me like that design was universally reviled or something but I guess I'm bullshitting !!

and your responding points

1. so they responded to critique and fixed the problem many fans had and that's a bad thing.

the nero point is completely irrelevant.

2. Yes there is because it's stupid.

3. No they weren't. Everyone hates it now and they hated it then. Everyone. Like everywhere. On the internet. You can even see it in this thread every two posts or so when people shit on the game for no reason other than it's aesthetics. Of all the shaky arguemnts to use "DmC should be canon" is some shaky ground indeed.

Basically, I'm expecting it to be the Other M of Devil May Cry: meh gameplay, atrocious story. I hope I'm wrong, of course, and that NT fixes things up, but prospects don't look too promising.

I also want to point out any arguments about the plot being shit is completely conjecture. The only thing anyone knows right now is what's in the trailer and what's in the demo, which isn't much at all to be completely honest.

Like seriously have you guys played DMC??? I thought it was par for the course that no one gave a fuck about the story in these games as long as the gameplay was good.

Which it kind of is in this game, surprisingly. The story in this game appears to be mostly dogshit. But the stages are good and the hack and slash serviceable so I'm going to get it on sale probably because I had fun, yes fun, with the demo.

The previous games didn't exactly have award-winning scripts, but 1, 3 and 4 had some cool and hilarious stuff, and the plot and dialogue were, for the most part, serviceable, and in some cases, there was some good stuff in there. Dante's half of 4 was pretty much backtracking all round, but his scenes made it so much more bearable, I mean, come on, the opera scene with Agnus was amazing. The gameplay is the centerpiece of DMC, yes, but the campy nature of those games certainly helped make the non-gameplay segments much, much more bearable, and the protagonist was a classy motherfucker who you could feel awesome about playing as.

The thing is, much like DMC2, this game is trying to take itself way too goddamn seriously. Now, this might not be such a bad thing if a studio who actually knew who they were doing were at the helm, but Ninja Theory cannot write for shit. They brought in actual writers who knew what the fuck they were doing for their last two titles, and even then, it wasn't that impressive. Any semblance of 'good writing' from those games was because of that, and comments from the guy helping with Enslaved (forgotten his name) should've been a massive warning sign of what kind of 'talent' actually was at Ninja Theory: Monkey was originally supposed to find a fellow prisoner trying to get away from robots, and hanging off a ledge, and rather than help him up, he would kick him to his death. Tameem and the other guys there thought that was badass. The writer thought he was being a bit of a dick.

They think heroic sociopaths are cool. Even the original Sun Wukong wasn't that much of a dick (he was extremely arrogant, yes, but not for unjustified reasons, considering what he was capable of), and that's saying something.

I have no interest in playing as an asshole with no actual redeeming qualities. Kratos is a shining example, the whole Greek Tragedy thing they had going on in the first game was completely ruined by the sequels and they more or less exaggerated his character to ridiculous levels for the hell of it. This Dante is the same way, the only thing he actually does that isn't related to being a complete jackass is caring for Kat. Oh, sure, he has a love interest. Those are a dime a dozen in fiction, that does not make a good character.

I don't want to play as this Dante, nor do I want to play a watered-down mockery (intentional or not) of Devil May Cry that was assembled with the mindset of Heavenly Sword and God of War instead of DMC3/4 and/or Bayonetta.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dante's half of 4 was pretty much backtracking all round, but his scenes made it so much more bearable, I mean, come on, the opera scene with Agnus was amazing. The gameplay is the centerpiece of DMC, yes, but the campy nature of those games certainly helped make the non-gameplay segments much, much more bearable, and the protagonist was a classy motherfucker who you could feel awesome about playing as.
Yeah, this is great but remember the awful shitty love story that the first half (and nay, the entire story) of DMC4 was technically about? Does anyone even remember the love story? no people remember the boss skits with dante... I'm not sure the point I'm getting at here but I'm pretty sure it's something along the line of the stories in these games suck ass, and all anyone remembers is the puns, of which it's entirely possible this game could be filled with, as the story has clearly undergone significant revisions already.

The thing is, much like DMC2, this game is trying to take itself way too goddamn seriously. Now, this might not be such a bad thing if a studio who actually knew who they were doing were at the helm, but Ninja Theory cannot write for shit. They brought in actual writers who knew what the fuck they were doing for their last two titles, and even then, it wasn't that impressive. Any semblance of 'good writing' from those games was because of that, and comments from the guy helping with Enslaved (forgotten his name) should've been a massive warning sign of what kind of 'talent' actually was at Ninja Theory: Monkey was originally supposed to find a fellow prisoner trying to get away from robots, and hanging off a ledge, and rather than help him up, he would kick him to his death. Tameem and the other guys there thought that was badass. The writer thought he was being a bit of a dick.

Presumptuous. And considering that didn't even make it into the game, I'm not sure how that is relevant other then shitting on NT just cuz. Someone at the studio clearly realized somewhere along the way that was a stupid as shit idea. Who's to say that whatever stupid as shit ideas NT dream up aren't going to get culled from the game by the time it reaches print? although judging from the rating summary before it's still going to be pretty retarded.

Regardless, I thought people liked the plot/characters in Enslaved? Go figure.

So much talk about the story, so little about the game. I thought the demo coming out would steer people around to talking about something other than the presentation.

I don't want to play as this Dante, nor do I want to play a watered-down mockery (intentional or not) of Devil May Cry that was assembled with the mindset of Heavenly Sword and God of War instead of DMC3/4 and/or Bayonetta.

You know what's a mockery? Saying that prior to this point in time, DMC ever had a good story in any way shape or form. It had a good character or two. And it occasionally had funny cutscenes, but the plot in DMC up to this point in time has been little more than an excuse to string together awesome action set pieces.

On the subject of Dante smoking

I'm not exactly sure this was a detail that was explicitly removed in the suspicious amount of revisions between the reveal trailer and the final product of this game, allegedly to satisfy fans, but in designing Dante as a character I'm almost 100% certain that Kamiya was specifically against Dante being a smoker, the reason being that according to his design philosophy, "smoking" as a character trait is a weak and lazy way for a character to be "cool". It was his intent in making Dante that he wanted a cool character who didn't have to conform to social norms. He just needed to have a goddamn hell of an attitude. In that front, DMC mostly delivered despite some missteps and DMC3, along with DMC4, mostly reached the perfect extents to how easily memorable the character was. He was obnoxious but in a lovable sociopath kind of way, and considering the former was a prequel it'd make the most sense for Dante to actually be slightly less serious.

Now if you want to go back even further in the character's history and imply that there was a point to where his antics were even more stupid to a degree of being dislikable you'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that Ninja Theory and Tameem made it a mission statement for Dante to be re-written and purposefully change the anachronism of his character going by the logic that "what was cool back then isn't cool now".

This really makes it far more evident that from the start the intent was never to explore some "hidden depths", it was reinventing something through the scope of a different cultural background and to a degree it largely invalidates a lot of points that can be made in favor for story correlation. It's an answer to a question no one ever asked and if the developers actually wanted to confine and safely stay confident within their artistic vision, they would never have to change that superficial detail of it being a prequel to it being an alternate-universe reboot.

I also want to point out any arguments about the plot being shit is completely conjecture. The only thing anyone knows right now is what's in the trailer and what's in the demo, which isn't much at all to be completely honest.

Like seriously have you guys played DMC??? I thought it was par for the course that no one gave a fuck about the story in these games as long as the gameplay was good.

This is something of a strawman since as far as story goes this was never the real problem nor draw when it came to the remake or the original games. The important thing is character, and DMC is and has always been character driven above all else as far as narratives go. Stories can barely bank on surviving without a good protagonist, and in the place of a wisecracking lovable scamp, we have a dropout asshole who clocks-out bouncers in order to scribble "fuck you" on invitation lists because he's hardcore, yells profanities and thinks he's hot shit by giving himself a bunch of cool titles.

It goes without saying but action defines a character, and while the former games managed to mix it with attitude well, there's nothing about the new Dante that makes him remotely interesting. There might be some huge paradigm shift in the game where Dante becomes actually cool but insofar there's not much that says he's an interesting character, or that I want to know what happens to him.

There's an insanely fine line between writing a character with wit and gusto and making them obnoxious and abundant. Dante's change in portrayal during the originals could easily be attributed to the fluctuating writers between games since the rule of cool is always portrayed differently within one person. But when you have an artistic vision from a developer who have entirely different visions of "cool", along with the fact that they are basically westernizing a Japanese property and have displayed from past experience that they had some solid but absolutely inconsistent writing, you can honestly tell from the demo, trailers and interviews that there's going to be a lot of schizophrenic moments in the game that's going to kill a lot of the immersion or likability, if there even is any.

• Thumbs Up 6

What Carbo said. It was ultimately less the actual plot and more Dante's character that improved the non-gameplay experience.

Presumptuous. And considering that didn't even make it into the game, I'm not sure how that is relevant other then shitting on NT just cuz. Someone at the studio clearly realized somewhere along the way that was a stupid as shit idea. Who's to say that whatever stupid as shit ideas NT dream up aren't going to get culled from the game by the time it reaches print? although judging from the rating summary before it's still going to be pretty retarded.

Regardless, I thought people liked the plot/characters in Enslaved? Go figure.

So much talk about the story, so little about the game. I thought the demo coming out would steer people around to talking about something other than the presentation.

Took me a minute or two to find the names, but here we go. Heavenly Sword's script was completely redone by Rhianna Pratchet. Enslaved's was redone by Alex Garland. It's basically the similar to how other people reined in George Lucas' stupid shit while he was making the Star Wars prequels and then later people stopped reining him in and that's how the stupid changes in the remastered films and the prequels happened, and showed that Lucas couldn't write a script for shit. Same thing here, except on a much bigger scale. Garland was the guy who said that stuff about Monkey originally being a dick, and obviously he reined in Ninja Theory enough so the plotline was better than crap... Didn't stop the ending from being terrible, it seemed. Either way, they're both single-handedly responsible for the quality of the scripts in Ninja Theory's previous two titles.

This is the first time Tameem has actually tried writing a script without help from anyone who actually has a fucking clue, and it shows. In a video on an earlier page describing why the new Dante's character is terrible, the guy talking expressed complete bewilderment over how the writing quality could suddenly plummet from Ninja Theory's earlier efforts. There's a good reason for that.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1