Awoo.

goku262002

Amon. Who the fuck are you? How were you immune to bloodbending? It's not making sense. All I know is, he is added to my top 5 main enemies. Now there is only one thing left to see....Korra enter the avatar state, something I know I'm going to see in the season finale.

Bloodbenders can neutralize the effects of bloodbending being used on them if they are stronger than their oppressor, as demonstrated by Katara against Hama.

...Although now I realize that may not be what you asked, lol.

Edited by Joshua

...Can bloodbenders bloodbend themselves?

This is one of the weirdest questions I've seen. But you would assume so.

...Can bloodbenders bloodbend themselves?

I would assume so since Bloodbending like all bending is 9/10ths mind and since mind > body, you could use your mind to control your body's blood.

So yeah in theory, you could kill yourself by bloodbending.

Anyone who can no sell bloodbending is virtually a game breaker near Avatar levels. The moment I saw Amon face Tarlokk I was thinking "oh you are SO gonna get your ass kicked Amon"...then it turns out to be NO USE!

Also anyone else excited that we're getting airplanes the next episode?

I get the feeling that Amon may actually accomplish his goal of removing Korra's bending in the finale; the shot of Avatar Aang's statue having Amon's mask over the face might be a final scene in the finale after Amon claims victory. Then in the second book/season, Korra somehow discovers how to regain her bending ability and proceed to beat the hell out of Amon while he's still under shock of seeing her back.

Or maybe Korra learns how to airbend after her bending is stripped, and it's revealed that Amon's abilities can only remove the bending abilities the victim already knows.

Or maybe Korra learns how to Energybend herself and grants herself and the bending-less populous their bending back; if Energybending can take bending away, it's seems logical that it can give it back.

All these possibilities...I want to watch the finale and know what's up with Book 2 now

I'm pretty sure we're going to be treated to some kick ass glowy eyes on Korra's part.

I'm slightly doubtful that Korro will lose her bending.

Consider that Amon could be waiting for her to activate the Avatar State so he can kill her and ensure that the reincarnation cycle ends.

Again, it's a slight doubt. Pretty much everything sounds plausible for the finale, and Korra losing her bending would give them an excuse to find a way to make her relearn the elements and/or have her get more in touch with her spirituality.

Wait, so Sonic's birthday, the release of Pokemon Black and White 2 in Japan, and the finale for this are all on the same day?!!

friday-damn.jpg

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

I get the feeling that Amon may actually accomplish his goal of removing Korra's bending in the finale; the shot of Avatar Aang's statue having Amon's mask over the face might be a final scene in the finale after Amon claims victory. Then in the second book/season, Korra somehow discovers how to regain her bending ability and proceed to beat the hell out of Amon while he's still under shock of seeing her back.

Or maybe Korra learns how to airbend after her bending is stripped, and it's revealed that Amon's abilities can only remove the bending abilities the victim already knows.

Or maybe Korra learns how to Energybend herself and grants herself and the bending-less populous their bending back; if Energybending can take bending away, it's seems logical that it can give it back.

All these possibilities...I want to watch the finale and know what's up with Book 2 now

Since Amon is only gonna be on the first season I like to think that when he tries to take Korra's bending away, he accidentally sends her into the avatar state at the last second and then he gets a brutal no holds barred beatdown from Korra. And since Korra is not a complete pacifist like Aang was I think Amon might not get his life spared

Since Amon is only gonna be on the first season I like to think that when he tries to take Korra's bending away, he accidentally sends her into the avatar state at the last second and then he gets a brutal no holds barred beatdown from Korra. And since Korra is not a complete pacifist like Aang was I think Amon might not get his life spared

I was actually thinking that. Actually it's expected. It's one of the only thing she has not done.....avatar wise. She already connected with Aang so entering the avatar state in the finale is something we all are expecting.

I was on Bumbleking, when someone actually thought about the spirit that gave Amon his ability.

It could be.....

Koh the Face Stealer.

Think about it. He's one of the oldest spirits in the Spirit World and since Amon got his face burned off, he wouldn't be able to show emotion. Now as to how Amon got to the Spirit World and convince Koh to give him this rare power is still up in the air though. But it's been hinted since 'Siege of the North' that Koh will meet the Avatar again, maybe through Korra should she ever go to the Spirit World after this season?

Edited by DarkLightDragon

I was on Bumbleking, when someone actually thought about the spirit that gave Amon his ability.

It could be.....

Koh the Face Stealer.

Think about it. He's one of the oldest spirits in the Spirit World and since Amon got his face burned off, he wouldn't be able to show emotion. Now as to how Amon got to the Spirit World and convince Koh to give him this rare power is still up in the air though. But it's been hinted since 'Siege of the North' that Koh will meet the Avatar again, maybe through Korra should she ever go to the Spirit World after this season?

Ehhhhh I'm still going with Amon running into a Lion turtle. That sounds more realistic than him meeting Koh. They would have to explain how Amon got to the spirit world, how he made it there, and if he got his face burned off.....how he was able to hide all emotions from Koh. Dude even if your face is burned, you can still show emotion.

So I see no one has shown any excitement over the previews that showed that we're going to be getting airplanes in the season finale other than me. And I think I saw battleships too, and I wonder if that's the Equalist's ships or Republic City's.

And the whole Korra/Mako/Asami triangle? Yeah, I'm not hating the drama, because by all means we saw this coming and it's not too forced in our face. I'd rather Mako and Asami stay together, because that just seems like selling Asami short. Although here's hoping we see Asami get in action more.

I dunno; I find the ship drama incredibly forced, and it isn't doing Mako's character any favors. Like, why did he have a big freakout over Korra, but not Tenzin or Lin? And then he caresses Korra's cheek as he carries her with Asami close by. I understand being concerned about a friend, but that's a little... unsure.png And poor Bolin. It feels like in recent episodes, he's only been there for comedic relief.

Would definitely like to see Asami do more than play the role of romantic rival, though. Heck, I'd much rather see Korra call Mako out if he keeps this up because it's a disservice to Asami.

See, that's the thing. I doubt they would write the love triangle without addressing it between the characters.

I doubt Korra's gonna be the one to steal Mako away from Asami or have Mako go with Korra because that would definitely knock both of them down a few points in likability, Asami-haters aside. They've made an asspull in the past, but they've handled everything else with care. And I expect them to know what they're doing with this. I've been wrong on what to expect before, but I would just find it very hard to see Asami getting dumped for Korra. Mako and Asami have had such chemistry that I just think it would be a disservice to throw that away...

Although really, these are teenagers we're talking about. There's obviously going to be some love drama, but as much as teenagers are known for drama, a lot of people don't keep in mind very often that they'll learn to overcome it as people do in real life. You don't become mature without suffering from the immaturity to learn from problems and mistakes.

But seriously…the AIRPLANES people! I know I'm not the only one stoked for that…or am I just the only person here who excited from the preview with the airplanes?

I was actually pretty disappointed when I found out that Amon is supposed to only be the first series villian, because I was really gunning that Korra would lose her bending at the end of the season, considering we've so far in the first show had the books of water, earth, and fire and this season is the book of air.....it seemed like there would be the possibility to have the 5th book be no element at all. Of course even if Amon is not the main villian in the second season or gets defeated......there could still be the possibility that Korra could lose her bending. Then the next season could be her and crew looking for a cure for the un-benders (haha I have no idea how to refer to them)....perhaps even unlocking the ability to teach non-benders to be able to bend.

Whatevs, I'm sure it will end awesomely....as long as they don't make Asami evil because of the whole jealousy thing.

I SWEAR LOK IF YOU GIVE ME CLICHED EVIL ASAMI I WILL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!

• Thumbs Up 2

Then the next season could be her and crew looking for a cure for the un-benders (haha I have no idea how to refer to them)….

non-benders? Like all the others who can't bend? :P

perhaps even unlocking the ability to teach non-benders to be able to bend.

Sounds very easy to make an asspull from. Then again, the whole idea being that energybending can take away bending so it isn't a stretch to think that it could give it.

I didn't want to refer to them as non benders as they used to be benders, and I would be pretty dissapointed if it was reveled they would never be able to go back to bending again

of course this is all in b4 bending is a power is given by Midi-chlorian

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't want to refer to them as non benders as they used to be benders, and I would be pretty dissapointed if it was reveled they would never be able to go back to bending again

Given that the Equalist are driven to take away bending and make them as normal as they are, I think calling them non-benders would roll off the tongue better even if they were former benders.

But whatever floats your boat...