Awoo.

goku262002

I completely lost it when Meelo screamed "NOT NOW BABY!"

Everyone who needed a CMOA at this point got it in this episode. Tenzin taking out the three chi-blockers that ambushed him and then taking out the Platinum Mechas, the three airbender kids taking down a series of Equalists including the Lieutenant (cue obligatory slow motion pose for Meelo), Mako redirecting the electricity back at the Platinum Mecha that electrocuted him, Lin post-resignation taking out the airship and defiantly standing up to Amon despite her predicament, and even Naga taking out the Lieutenant. Even the Order of the White Lotus had its moment. This episode was just filled with those worthwhile final moments before the finale starts.

Speaking of the Lieutenant, he's pretty much the Punching Bag/Butt Monkey of this series. He's gotten his ass beat by

1) Korra in episode 4

2) Korra again in Episode 6

3) Asami in Episode 7

4) Tarlok and Korra again in Episode 9

5) Jinora and Naga in this episode.

But, he's a Punching Bag done right. He still gives that intimidation each time he shows up despite his losses.

Lin went down like a champ. Proud of her. I was expecting a self-sacrifice and the airship exploding, but this worked much better.

Tenzin takes his family to the South Pole, and Katara returns with him to beat some Equalist ass. Calling it.

Why am I expecting Hiroshi to Heel Face Turn in the finale? It would be better than Asami doing the opposite though.

Is it next week yet?

Edited by Joshua

Hey guys, remember Bolin? The writers sure don't, seriously he's getting shafted so hard it's been like five episodes since he had any spotlight.

Yeah, I remember him. I'm guessing that they'll give him more focus in the next upcoming season or maybe in the midst of the season endgame. They had Sokka overshadowed by other characters before he took several levels in badass, and considering how they balanced the numerous characters they had in the previous series I wouldn't dismiss them as forgetting Bolin to easily.

They may be very aware of how Bolin isn't getting attention and are planning to deal with that for all we know. I mean we're on the fringe wanting to make sure they don't make Asami undergo a Heel Face Turn with all the teasing suspense for crying out loud, and they did excellent damage control on that so far.

After what happened to Lin I'm hoping Korra breaks every last bone in Amons body and as him on the ground crying for mercy.

Kinda anti-climactic, don't cha think?

Yeah, I want him stopped, but I don't want him to be crying for mercy. I mean, this is the guy who resisted bloodbending of all things, so I'm definitely not wanting to see him ruin his defeat by going down like a punk.

Kinda anti-climactic, don't cha think?

Yeah, I want him stopped, but I don't want him to be crying for mercy. I mean, this is the guy who resisted bloodbending of all things, so I'm definitely not wanting to see him ruin his defeat by going down like a punk.

I know. But I want him to be in a situation similar to Ozai, with him being all smug and thinking that he's won. But then Korra suddenly gains the upper hand then he realizes that he is dead.

Yeah, I remember him. I'm guessing that they'll give him more focus in the next upcoming season or maybe in the midst of the season endgame. They had Sokka overshadowed by other characters before he took several levels in badass, and considering how they balanced the numerous characters they had in the previous series I wouldn't dismiss them as forgetting Bolin to easily.

They may be very aware of how Bolin isn't getting attention and are planning to deal with that for all we know. I mean we're on the fringe wanting to make sure they don't make Asami undergo a Heel Face Turn with all the teasing suspense for crying out loud, and they did excellent damage control on that so far.

The thing is, Last Airbender was far more lighthearted in the first season than Korra is now, so while Sokka was overshadowed by Aang, Katara, and Zuko he had plenty of comical moments to make up for it, Korra so far as had far less lighthearted moments, now I know the reason is because it's a 12 episode season and they needed to push the plot as far as possible, but it just came with the unfortunate side effect of pushing Bolin to the sidelines and the fact that we're just ten episodes into the series makes it especially noticeable.

And while I do hope Asami doesn't pull a Heel turn, I hope the whole subplot with her father is given focus in the finale; which looks like it is considering it looks like her and Bolin are going after him, while Korra and Mako take on Amon.

Also, Mako, yeah douchebag much? Your girlfriend finally calls you out on your two-timing, then you try to blame Bolin, then you refuse to talk about it, and you still dot over Korra in front of her? I mean god, and I don't even think he's aware of how big of an asshole he's being, this better lead somewhere because I'm not liking him at all. Although that trick with the lightning was pretty cool, but it still doesn't make up for his behavior.

Also, the airbending kids being badass? Didn't see that coming, either the equalist are now fodder or Tenzin trained them kids well.

Amon: I am the savior to the oppressed, and I know exactly what to do to gain their favor.

Equalist/Hiroshi/Lieutenant: And what would that be?

Amon: We shall bomb the streets of Republic City and cause total devastation. We'll inevitably lose a few supporters in the air strikes, but this is all in the name of equality.

Pretty much how I imagine that conversation would have went down.

Not to smart on Amon's part to completely level the city without apparently considering the total damage, really.

Well he's already gotten an army large enough to make an attack in the first place.

There's an obvious rift in the non-bending populance regarding benders; there are those who see the benders as oppressors and joined Amon, and there are those who may have been victims themselves but are against the violent methods Amon is using to achieve equality. I learned that right after Tarlokk started making arrests towards non-benders in When Extremes Meet, if not earlier considering Asami herself.

Meelo is a fucking beast. Nuff said. I don't even need to continue to type but I will since this episode was good enough to be a season finale.

-Airbender kids are well trained and kicked some major ass.

-Asami/Korra/Mako drama is starting to get out of hand.

-Bolin......Bollin who?

-TEAM TENZIN.

-LIN MUTHA FUCKING BEI FONG! My heart will only belong to you baby.

-Trolol birth

-Meelo's fart bending

-Mako redirecting lightning back to the platinum tank.

This episode had it all and then some. I really don't know how the hour long finale is going to turn considering this was the best episode of the season (action wise). And did I mention Meelo? I fucking swear he is the new Sokka. Fart bending. That will never happen again. As for the Asami/Korra/Mako thing. Did anyone else notice the smirk Asami had at the end of the episode? Yeah I'm sensing a heel turn coming. And I'm pretty sure she is going to fuck Mako over sooo bad. It's just gotta happen. Tenzin's tornado was fucking amazing, then how he blasted that platinum mech off, team rocket style was great.

TEAM MEELO!

... Meelo fighting reminded me how much I despised the humor of the first series. dry.png

I digress though, this episode's was epic. This has me itching to see the season finale next weekend, all this buildup made me have high expectations for it!

Is that Zuko's son at the end? Holy crap, this is going to be awesome, Zuko's voice actor even returned to do his voice!

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Other than the scene with Tenzin's kids (which I thought felt extremely forced), this episode was rock solid. Can't wait for the finale.

tumblr_m5q7v9X9pj1rwytoro5_250.gif

;__________;

Technically, with Lin's power taken, that's the end of the Metalbenders. So a genocide in that fashion was actually carried out, even if the practice is an advanced form of Earthbending.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

No, just the Metal Bending police. Given that we're going to have the United Forces military, which has Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, and Water Tribe troops, their advance technique still lives on for those trained for war rather than simple peacekeeping. So Metalbending would still live on.

I was going to say... aren't most of those in the police force metal benders? Meaning, like Lighting, it's a technique that could be used among the masses if taught?

I always wondered though, since it was brought up in the latest episode.... if you were to loss your bending via Amon's Technique... does that automatically mean you can't pass on the bending through heredity? I know you yourself can't bend anymore as far as we know, but the bodily trait still has to be there no?

Who's to say Amon is really energybending?

Other possibilities exist.

Of course, whether or not this is true is something we'll have to wait and see, I guess. It's possible that they'll pull a deus ex machina and fix everyone, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course, whether or not this is true is something we'll have to wait and see, I guess. It's possible that they'll pull a deus ex machina and fix everyone, though.

^That theory almost makes it seem like, "If the mind thinks it's real, it will happen" or you'll get some (anti)placebo affect.

You know what, that actually makes sense.

That's actually a very possible theory, perhaps even foreshadowed by the way Amon uses energybending.

When Aang energybent Ozai and Yakone, he placed a hand on both the head and the heart:

35b5tea.png

But when Amon takes someone's bending away, he touches the head and, well, the amon:

qqzrdl.png

When the Lion Turtle taught Aang the technique, it said the following:

The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light.

So due to Amon not altering the heart, it's very well plausible he hasn't removed anyone's bending, but rather created the illusion that they cannot bend. It's like brainwashing, but with more magic.

Let's hope for Lin and everyone else's sake that this is the case:

tumblr_m3z2s14Nuz1r00cmno1_500.jpg

Because it feels bad, man. :C

• Thumbs Up 3

I always wondered though, since it was brought up in the latest episode.... if you were to loss your bending via Amon's Technique... does that automatically mean you can't pass on the bending through heredity? I know you yourself can't bend anymore as far as we know, but the bodily trait still has to be there no?

Tarlok is 37 according to the nick site, which would mean he was born a couple of years after Yakone’s bending was taken away, so at least Aang’s energy bending technique does not erase genetic coding…which raises the question of what Amon’s long term plans would be for all the new child benders?

Edited by Vantoggle

Tarlok was supposedly born a couple of years after Yakone’s bending was taken away, so at least Aang’s energy bending technique does not erase genetic coding…which raises the question of what Amon’s long term plans would be for all the new child benders?

Mass subjugation probably, making the benders believe their powers make them evil freaks to non benders. Eventually there will be a bender uprising and the cycle of hatred starts yet again...

That's actually a very possible theory, perhaps even foreshadowed by the way Amon uses energybending.

When Aang energybent Ozai and Yakone, he placed a hand on both the head and the heart:

35b5tea.png

But when Amon takes someone's bending away, he touches the head and, well, the amon:

qqzrdl.png

When the Lion Turtle taught Aang the technique, it said the following:

So due to Amon not altering the heart, it's very well plausible he hasn't removed anyone's bending, but rather created the illusion that they cannot bend. It's like brainwashing, but with more magic.

AVATAR FANS! WHY U SO OBSERVANT!

Seriously, though I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the case. The Tarrlok being Yakone's son theory turned out to be right (Though looking at the evidence, it should have been obvious. :P

Okay, this just goes to show that we have too much fucking time on our hands to connecting the dots like this. If the creators even paid mind to this I will put them in the top 5 greatest story tellers I've ever known.

You know, the Avatar writers should be commended for how they are writing Mako and this whole romance triangle business. For once, we have a legitimately realistic douche that it is leading two girls on in a way that it is not being portrayed from the masculine point of view. Instead of going after Korra, Asami attacks the real problem in all this: Mako. I get fucking infuriated when I am dragged to romance comedies and I see the obligatory chick fight for the real asshole that is always being portrayed as innocent. For once, a woman is acting mature about this and is approaching the guy. Korra likes Mako. When Asami was told this, she did not even flinch. Mako is an attractive guy. When Asami was told by means of a huge violation of the bro code, she does not fling into a jealous rage or abandon the Bender cause. She talks to Mako who dispenses the blame on Bolin for telling her instead of apologizing immediately. Bro, you don't blame your Bro for violating the Bro Code when you are in an argument with your woman. The Bro Code does not mean anything to women because they want to feel like they mean more to you than a silly code of rules. Strike 1, 2, 3, Mako. Now Asami and Korra will hopefully see that your pretty boy ass is not worth it.

It is utterly refreshing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yaaa I'd have to say the worst part of the series so far has been the love triangle.

At first I was sailing on every ship. I thought they all had the potential to be fun and something fans could latch onto, and then came that god awful shipping episode that did nothing to further advance the plot or relationships of the characters, pretty much just threw everything at our faces, and basically set up all future relationships to be tainted by that crazy interaction =/

I do think they're setting it up to make it look like Asami is going to turn evil because she's jellin, and then she'll be like 'wft no'

I'm just sick of it all though, the parts where she looks at Mako and Korra and gets upset just make me gag (as do any makoxkorra scenes anyways....wooo Bolin you're just more often for not being a part of this)

• Thumbs Up 1