Awoo.

goku262002

Either that, or he matures and stops leading on the two girls like that. I honestly thought the two have some chemistry, so I'd be more interested if they stayed together. Of course, not everything has a happy ending like that.

As far as most love drama goes, this is actually very good. It's not too over the top and it's (hopefullly) not leading into a catfight with Korra and Asami.

Asami has more of an issue with Mako than with Korra (even though she knows Korra likes him but she hasn't treated her in cold manner so far) so I don't really see them getting into a catfight anytime soon.

Just something to be aware of. Last thing we want to see is her pull a Heel Face Turn and betray the Krew, so that's just something that I figured I put out there.

It's kind of funny.

When Asami betrayed her father joined the team, that made her stand out more than just being 'the obstacle between Korra and Mako' Not to mention her growing friendship with Korra would ease the shipping tension and Korra could be happy for both of them.

But now, it seems we're back to square one. Now that Mako is doting Korra, it seems that there's more shipping drama than before.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Mako did not apologize and is openly flaunting Korra on his arm in front of Asami. Fuck Mako. That is a douche move and she isn't jealous of Korra. She is angry at Mako and his bullshit. She has every right to be. She straight-up said that she liked Korra. tThe fact that Asami is not letting this define how she feels about Benders and continues to combat Equalists despite Mako and Korra is incredible. She is happily fighting against her daddy's cause and risked her home for what she believes in. Asami is the real hero here

I don't even see why people want Mako to be with either of them. He's a douche. A prime rib douche with douche barbecue sauce and douchey spices.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I don't exactly see him as that big a douche. Yeah, he did some douche things, but he's not that bad of a person. And while I'm fairly confident that Asami isn't going to betray the team, that suspicion still seems to lurk and needs to be squashed out. And it's that suspicion that would make one inclined to think that if she did betray them (which I doubt), she would be fighting Korra out of the jealousy.

That, and I never really wanted Korra to be with Mako in the first place, even before Asami came into the picture. I knew that she would have feelings for him, but I figured she would get over them. Seems like Mako is the one holding on to them.

I don't even see the chemistry between Korra and Mako. Like their relationship has hardly ever been developed at all. I didn't even know she liked him until the episode that openly stated she did, and then after that they've been all starry eyed for each other....but I just don't get it.

I guess that's the problem with having a series with shorter seasons is the lack of character interaction and developement, but it felt like they did a good job of showing it between Korra and Bolin so I don't see why they couldn't of slapped some of that in with her and Mako

• Thumbs Up 2

I get the feeling that was done intentionally, probably to deconstruct the shipping in the series in general. I do admit, the way Mako goes on about Korra, it's just really fucking annoying, at least Korra backed off when she saw how it was affecting those around her, and even told Mako that Asami needs him more than she does.

Ya know what would be righteous? If Asami breaks it off with Mako, and not in the "I just want you to be happy" way either, I mean in the "Fuck you, you two timing asshole" way. She completely berates Mako in his behavior, and then afterwards tells Korra that she hopes they can still be friends. Then Korra realizes how much of a douche Mako has been, maybe slaps him or something and tells him that she's over him. Korra and Asami can grow closer as friends, and Mako can finally grow the fuck up and learn to commit to one girl instead of being indecisive about it.

The Shipping so far in this series is not fun at all, and I'm pretty sure they're doing this on purpose.

...Also I miss Bolin, every since this love triangle started, he's effectively been removed from the spotlight, and that's really annoying considering he's so far the most likable character along with Korra, and Asami. Let's just hopes it ends soon, the shipping hasn't overtaken the plot or anything, but it's really getting annoying.

C'mon guys, more to talk about this just the shipping drama...

That's actually a very possible theory, perhaps even foreshadowed by the way Amon uses energybending.

When Aang energybent Ozai and Yakone, he placed a hand on both the head and the heart:

35b5tea.png

But when Amon takes someone's bending away, he touches the head and, well, the amon:

qqzrdl.png

When the Lion Turtle taught Aang the technique, it said the following:

So due to Amon not altering the heart, it's very well plausible he hasn't removed anyone's bending, but rather created the illusion that they cannot bend. It's like brainwashing, but with more magic.

Very observant, heres something to back it up:

http://imgur.com/a/vI2jf

I think we've got this "energy bending" mystery solved here Krew!

Ya know what would be righteous? If Asami breaks it off with Mako, and not in the "I just want you to be happy" way either, I mean in the "Fuck you, you two timing asshole" way. She completely berates Mako in his behavior, and then afterwards tells Korra that she hopes they can still be friends. Then Korra realizes how much of a douche Mako has been, maybe slaps him or something and tells him that she's over him. Korra and Asami can grow closer as friends, and Mako can finally grow the fuck up and learn to commit to one girl instead of being indecisive about it.

The Shipping so far in this series is not fun at all, and I'm pretty sure they're doing this on purpose.

Come to think of it, I would enjoy seeing that as a metaphorical "Fuck you" to the shippers if they ever did that. :D

Considering how much Mike and Bryan love to troll shippers, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. tongue.png

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Teaser for the Season 1 finale.

Oh hai there, Gommu. Haven't seen you since the first episode. Oh look at that, you're the leader of an underground city where benders and non-benders are equal. Nice to have some hidden depths to ya.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 2

They're trolling us…please tell me they're trolling us.

I just want the season to end with everyone single. Please, Korra, wise up and turn him down already. D: I don't think she realizes yet how Mako's been treating Asami.

Ya this shit is getting redic. It's like first off could they be anymore assholish to Asami....if they honestly turned her evil now I wouldn't even know if it was undeserved because they keep piling it up on her.

She lost her mom and turned against her dad.

She left behind her entire life of privilege to fight on Korras side.

And out of the few people she has left, her boyfriend who should be the most there for her and care about her treats her like shit and ignores her feelings.

I would probably snap too in that situation, and while I don't want to hate on Korra because I think it's mostly Mako's fault, it seems like she could realize a bit to back away from her friend's boyfriend. I've hung out with friend's boyfriends in the past too, and there's just some situations you don't get into with them.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ya this shit is getting redic. It's like first off could they be anymore assholish to Asami....if they honestly turned her evil now I wouldn't even know if it was undeserved because they keep piling it up on her.

She lost her mom and turned against her dad.

She left behind her entire life of privilege to fight on Korras side.

And out of the few people she has left, her boyfriend who should be the most there for her and care about her treats her like shit and ignores her feelings.

I would probably snap too in that situation, and while I don't want to hate on Korra because I think it's mostly Mako's fault, it seems like she could realize a bit to back away from her friend's boyfriend. I've hung out with friend's boyfriends in the past too, and there's just some situations you don't get into with them.

Ya I was going by how she acted in the preview Diss linked, she definitely seemed like she was being pretty flirty with him. I get they were friends first, but relationships change things and with how hard of a time Asami's going through....I just don't think they're being fair to try and sort it all out now.

Of course I'm still pumped as fuck for the final !!

Ya I was going by how she acted in the preview Diss linked, she definitely seemed like she was being pretty flirty with him. I get they were friends first, but relationships change things and with how hard of a time Asami's going through....I just don't think they're being fair to try and sort it all out now.

Of course I'm still pumped as fuck for the final !!

I know, it's still a dick move on their parts.

It's a good thing I'm not the only one getting really pissed off with this whole thing about Mako and Korra. The teaser for the final episode made me want to punch something in the face something fierce. I just hope something happens to keep this from continuing, and I hope for Bolin to get more focus and respect (or both!!! I'm not gonna lie, I'd be okay with something happening between Bolin and Korra, if anything; although I'd rather it be all da singal people).

Also Asami is awesome and if she becomes a villain because of Mako making her snap then I'mma end everything.

Edited by Azukara

Ya I feel Asami turning bad would be too cliched, but at the same time the way they're setting it up even if they did that I think it wouldn't entirely not make sense. It's not that she's a bad person, but geeze I've went through some tough times and thought I would snap....never mind how crazy everything she's been going through is. I would be rather dissapointed though because she's my favorite character (hell ya girl who is shown to be girly and friends and whatnot but is still kicks ass and doesn't need saving).

I agree with the Bolin shafting, after initially not being interested in the character....he quickly evolved into a fav of mine (I thought he was pretty much the only good thing in The Spirit of Competition [besides Tahno loool]) but after that it seems like he pretty much got shafted. I mean you didn't even really see him get over the whole kiss thing....he kinda was just like 'lol I'm fine' 5 episodes later (not that he had much screen time to really develop anyways).

I get that this series is shorter....and that's honestly what kills me because I actually like it /much/ better than the original (and I was a fan of the original), but there's not enough time to develop all the interesting aspects and relationships I would like to see, and the plot progression sways between mind blowingly fast and stagnate at a ridiculous rate.

Plus I just can't stand Korra's voice actor.....you're not always giving a speech lady, you don't have to sound so declarative when you're talking to someone standing 2 feet away lool

Overall though, I give it an 8/10 so far...I'm really liking it and the fact that it actually made me want to write a fanfic (lol like that'll ever happen) says something

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna lie, the moment Mako and Bolin got introduced, I was already rooting for Korra and Bolin to get together.

Why? Because fuck the stoic bad boy. They always get the love. :v

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm thinking with how Bolin is awesome and Asami is awesome they should just be all like 'fuck it' and get together

Awww, a good ol' spite ship

I was just going to sit back and watch the inevitable shipping wars, but then Mako pissed me off so much that I partly support Borra now, in fact I support: Borra, Borrasami, Korrasami(Yuri damn right), and Korrasamolin anything that doesn't have Mako in it is perfectly fine. Ya know, he's the only reason the shipping in this series is pissing me off.

It's a shame Bolin is getting shafted, because unlike Makorra, they have actual chemistry and it's sad that it isn't going anywhere.

This series way too short, if had the length as the original than it'd be golden, but because it's only 12 episodes, it's severely rushing everything.