Awoo.

goku262002

In regards to the series being short, I've heard (but not confirmed) that there is option to renew in the future. So while we're getting 24 episodes, we might get more if they felt like it. But who knows?

Not gonna lie, the moment Mako and Bolin got introduced, I was already rooting for Korra and Bolin to get together.

Why? Because fuck the stoic bad boy. They always get the love. :v

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm thinking with how Bolin is awesome and Asami is awesome they should just be all like 'fuck it' and get together

Awww, a good ol' spite ship

• Thumbs Up 1

A good bit of people in here seem to be BolinxKorra supporters.

Clearly we are all pirate brethren, ready to die together as we watch this ship sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

A good bit of people in here seem to be BolinxKorra supporters.

Clearly we are all pirate brethren, ready to die together as we watch this ship sink to the bottom of the ocean.

• Thumbs Up 2

Korra and Bolin just seem to have the most in common and actually spent a decent amount of time together.

Mako and Korra is there just because... It just feels like the relationship has no reason to exists other than the writers say so.

Edited by The Groosenator

I still say that Mike and Bryan are trolling us on this...

See and I see a lot of people on tumblr saying this too....but I think that's actually like the worst excuse for this.

I mean even if they are "trolling"....they're dedicating a /substantial/ part of their series to this plot point. To me, with all the money and time and blah blah being put into a show, you'd have to be pretty dumb to waste all that production...not to mention the series potential....just to troll some 'shipper fans'

So I don't think they're necessarily doing that, but even if they are I still think that's like an extremely stupid thing to do.

Korra and Bolin just seem to have the most in common and actually spent a decent amount of time together.

Mako and Korra is there just because... It just feels like the relationship has no reason to exists other than the shippers say so.

I fixed it for ya. Ironically enough, Mako had a lot more chemistry with Asami before all of this crap happened.

Why do I feel this is some kind of quasi-revenge for Zutara? Didn't they hate that pairing? Is this some kind of payback, pairing up the preferred couple but doing it in the lousiest way possible.

Really, I always thought them trolling us would be their way of giving the middle finger to fans who always have eyes on the bad boy characters for the female protagonist if not the whole idea on this ship war.

That's why if they were ever doing that, I would salute them, because now I have an excuse to laugh at the faces of those people who pair Mako and Korra. Stupid? Maybe. But OOH so fucking worth it….

EDIT: And really, the only one here making the moves is Mako…wait, how many times has that been said? laugh.png

Yaa I just feel like you should create a series to the best of the potential for the series. Like treat the characters like actual character's and do what their motivation would lead them to do.

To me doing something just to piss on whiny, dumb people is insulting to the people who actually come to watch your stuff because they believe you're providing them quality entertainment.

• Thumbs Up 5

Why do I feel this is some kind of quasi-revenge for Zutara? Didn't they hate that pairing? Is this some kind of payback, pairing up the preferred couple but doing it in the lousiest way possible.

You notice why I keep saying they're trolling us with this pairing? I'm thinking they're doing that to troll the people who insisted on Zutara and now set their sights on Makorra.

And I'm hoping that I'm not wrong, because I'm sure they know that what they're writing is reaching rather silly levels…at least I hope they do.

To me doing something just to piss on whiny, dumb people is insulting to the people who actually come to watch your stuff because they believe you're providing them quality entertainment.

Well they are providing quality entertainment. But no one said they couldn't have fun in teasing the masses with these set ups like they're doing, and I for one would like to think they know which characters have the best chemistry here. Of course, given what they're doing, it's just a matter of seeing how it ends.

This is probably the longest shipping dicussion we've ever had.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Anybody who does something in the industry just to piss people off is a fucking idiot, just saying.

• Thumbs Up 8

Anybody who does something in the industry just to piss people off is a fucking idiot, just saying.

Well let's hope they're not doing this just to piss people off then.

Ok, shipping aside; I think the plot is fucking wonderful, in 12 episodes they've managed to establish such an amazing villain with a pretty clear motive, and have up the ante with every episode.

Also shipping aside, I think the characters are wonderful and completely likable(except Mako, and that's not even getting into shipping). So the writers are doing something right at least.

And yes, I agree anyone who does something with their product to intentionally spite someone is fucking stupid.

Well let's hope they're not doing this just to piss people off then.

It doesn't look like it honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love this trolling really. They did this way back and no doubt they are going to pull a complete 360 just to aggravate fans more.

So I'm guessing you're another person who doesn't like the way this pairing it going.

So I'm guessing you're another person who doesn't like the way this pairing it going.

Sean doesn't even watch the show loool

He just knows what stupid is

• Thumbs Up 4

Sean doesn't even watch the show loool

He just knows what stupid is

No offense, but he sounds more like a buzzkill right now...

Because seriously, none of us here are that stupid to think that the only reason they're making the product is for the purpose of pissing off shippers. Yes, they're teasing, yes they're trolling, and I honestly see nothing wrong with that because it heightens tensions of where they're taking it and where they'll end it, because for all we know (even with all this love triangle drama going on) they might not play to it as we expect. That's why it's so ambiguous, because while we can guess we don't know how it will end. In fact, they might be doing this and have the character see that their relationship won't work because of all they've been through, like say Korra maturing and seeing that Mako has been with Asami and telling Mako that she's the one for him not her or even how Mako is being a two timing jerk who doesn't deserve to be with either one of them. Now if they do play it where we're hoping they don't then yeah, they got's some 'splaining to do and I would expect them not to do so out of their ass on it (which we know would be hard to do, hence why I don't think they're going to go for Makorra, but who really knows?). But really, one could expect earlier that Korra's jealousy and Asami's suspicion between Korra and Mako would lead to a catfight between the two characters; lo and behold, no catfight takes place, Asami has no beef with Korra, but instead has one with Mako. She even says she likes Korra, which further lessens the prediction that she might betray the group, although considering the preview of the next episode, there's still some ambiguity.

But seriously, stories are meant to make us see characters for who they are. We may love them, question them, or dislike them, so long as that's the whole intent behind the writing and that they intend to close the book in a way that satisfies. Bad writing is something that does the opposite and makes us root for the characters the author wanted us to feel no sympathy for, or question characters who we are told are doing the right thing when for all intents they did completely the opposite (and without it being intentionally ironic).

I'd like to think they're teasing and trolling us only to turn that around and explain to us (and the shippers who pay no mind other than the surface details) how these things will or will not work. Not just to piss us off. I'm not one to excuse bad writing, and if the amount of debates I've been making on the Sonic forums are anything, I would call it out without question. But I'm not one to be so stiff as to how writers shouldn't be allowed to tug the emotions of the people enjoying the work and make them feel anger and resentment at what's going on.

Now Sean may not watch the series, but that doesn't detract what I'm saying here.

I am a shipper.

I like Mako X Korra.

I do not care what anyone says.

Lol shipping.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

Lol CSS you were the one saying that you thought they were trollin originally.

I already said that I don't think that's the case, but me and Sean were simply stated that even if it was it wouldn't be much of an excuse for the show's relationships to go the way they are because it would be a stupid way to write a show

Even if they turn around and write a good resolution to all this drama, if they wrote it just to 'lol troll' that would be dumb....why not just write it to be good?

Lol CSS you were the one saying that you thought they were trollin originally.

Yeah thanks. I know that, and I still stand by it. I was doing so playfully at first, but now I felt I needed to make an even more mature response for what I'm saying since my more playful responses didn't seem to be looked as such.

Even if they turn around and write a good resolution to all this drama, if they wrote it just to 'lol troll' that would be dumb....why not just write it to be good?

The point behind the 'lol troll' would be showing that the kind of relationship they're making would not work. Shippers who want these kind of things to be made official in-universe tend to not care much for anything deeper to show how it work, or they may make excuses to how it is working. Them having the characters tug at that for the viewers and then shooting it down would get that through to them that it's not going to work in-universe; in other words, it's showing how the characters are growing as characters when it comes to dealing with the drama in the first place and (hopefully) not mere pandering to the shippers.

Kinda like the whole Zutara thing in the last series, they teased at it in certain parts of the show such as Book Fire, and the end of Book Earth (where the whole ship probably started) and even in one of the Shorts before shooting it down with officially making it Kataang.

And them writing it as such isn't showing how they're writing it to be a bad thing to do either. It's a whole world out there, there's going to be conflict and resolve among characters: conflict in enemies, conflict in relationships among friends, and resolve that comes with them and so forth. I enjoy seeing Korra and the Krew living their lives as people like us, conflict and all. Just like the Gaang had problems among each other as people (not necessarily love problems, but still), I would expect the same from the Krew.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to point out that they pretty much did the same exact thing in the last series with Katara and Zuko(and the kid who died). Releasing a sketchy preview that implies something may be going on and then when you watch the episode, it is the complete opposite. Katara almost felt sorry for Zuko and used the healing water to cure his scar(something Zutara fans always speculated that she would do) until he betrayed her and essentially the crew. Since then, she had nothing, but hostility towards him. Asami pretty much said that she will not go off on Korra and Mako is not being portrayed as the good guy in all of this. In fact, due to Mako's behavior, Asami, who was hated because she was seen as just an obstacle between Korra and Mako, has been becoming more and more popular because she is handling this entire thing well and by well, getting pissed at Mako.

I never liked Mako. He reminds me of Cpt. Stick Up His Ass from Bleach. Then again, Fire Benders with the exception of Iroh have always been fucking assholes.

\

I never liked Mako. He reminds me of Cpt. Stick Up His Ass from Bleach. Then again, Fire Benders with the exception of Iroh have always been fucking assholes.

Poor Jeong Jeong. Poor Sun Warriors.

Edited by Dr. Joshua