Awoo.

goku262002

See I think if they're writing to show that those relationships would not work out or whatever I'm cool, because they created the characters and obviously know who they are going to be paired with.

I just think there's no need to troll audiences, but I honestly never looked at it like that.

Like with the Zutara, to me I always thought they knew that people liked the ship of Zutara and so they gave them a bit of stuff for those people, but ultimately they knew it wouldn't make sense in anything other than a shippers fanfic so she ended up with Aang in the end (spoiler alert !!)

I don't see that as trolling myself, but I guess I'm looking at the same thing differently than you

(oh and to point out because I'm not sure if it was clear, I wasn't saying /you/ or anyone else was stupid for thinking that they were trolling....I was saying I would find that a stupid motivation on their part to put something in the story)

I'd like to point out that they pretty much did the same exact thing in the last series with Katara and Zuko(and the kid who died).

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

This topic, what has it turned into?! icon_gonk.gif

Please enough with the shipping, lets move on to something else.

This isn't really about shipping, though, per se; it's about the show's very real and very prominent romance plotline. It's kind of hard not to discuss a thing that had an entire episode devoted to it early on and hasn't really gone away since then.

...he says, from the lofty vantage point of not having actually seen the last three or so episodes. I've really gotta catch up before the finale.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

IGN had an interview with the voice actor for Bolin, and he gave some allusions to what we can expect in Season 2 and the finale.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/21/previewpreview?p=432061&preview=true&page=1

IGN: I know you can’t say too much, but you’ve got the hour-long season finale coming up this weekend, can you give us a general sense of what’s in store for Bolin going into Season 2?

Byrne: What can I say? Okay, another copout, but the finale is going to be an epically fun episode. Obviously, a lot of stuff is going to be revealed, like whose character is who, what’s the history of what, is someone going to live or die or are they not going to make it. But yes, Bolin’s character, as I say a lot, he does grow. He gets older but stays true to his happy-go-lucky persona. He’s the guy that you want in your camp when things get low and people are feeling down. This is the guy that’s going to be like, “We can do this, we can do this. We can win!” But I feel like we all do that for each other, too. Mako does it for me, I do it for Korra, we’re all constantly helping each other out. If one person’s down, we’re lifting each other up, and I think that will always be a consistent theme throughout this series.

Though he's likely speaking metaphorically, I'd like some level of time skip invoked for season 2 myself.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

This topic, what has it turned into?! icon_gonk.gif

Please enough with the shipping, lets move on to something else.

Yeah, especially since they seemed to just throw the "love interest" in without much thought. What was it... episode 3,4 or 5?

Korra: "Mako, I like you a lot!"

Mako: "Okay, I already got a gurl"

Korra: "Kiss me you hunk of a man."

I seriously think the love relations in this series was just thrown in for the hell of it and done so lazily. I know Korra is going to be significantly shorter than the first series, but come on. Not to mention that the "extra attention," Mako gives to Korra after Asami and his relationship run into a snag because of it is so forced it's kind of embarrassing.

ALSO!!!!................................Korra X Bolin all day errrr day

My body is ready for this finale. I hope Lin somehow gets her bending back, she was a badass character.

Korra X Amon is the best shipping ever.

bcd.jpg

d6b.jpg

44b.gif

d0b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, going overboard with the photoshop...those are hilarious tho. :lol:

My body is ready for this finale. I hope Lin somehow gets her bending back, she was a badass character.

Korra X Amon is the best shipping ever.

bcd.jpg

d6b.jpg

44b.gif

d0b.jpg

I have never been a shipper, but Korra x Asami would be all kinds of awesome...

It's my new OTP, too bad it's in jeopardy of being sunk.

And the fact that I have to miss the finale pisses me off to no end, especially since my orientation is so fucking boring; DVR would be all kinds of convienent right now.

It's my new OTP, too bad it's in jeopardy of being sunk.

And the fact that I have to miss the finale pisses me off to no end, especially since my orientation is so fucking boring; DVR would be all kinds of convienent right now.

Uh wow...WWII much?

Glad I wasn't the only one who got Pearl Harbor/WWII vibes.

Edited by The Groosenator

Tuning in for the heck of it seeing as I have access to cable at my relative's house. Still have to catch up on this as well as the original series, but I figured "Why not? I should help out with ratings."

Edited by Inferno

Um...apparently my cousin heard "Commander Bumi?" Aang's non-bending son in the military, ain't that something.

And so far, no Mako X Korra...

TARLOKK IS AMON'S BROTHER!!!!!!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic