Awoo.

goku262002

We've known that since before the show aired. They're only going for 2 seasons.

That makes me sad, the characters are growing on me :( I wasn't sure, I wasn't keeping up with the series before it aired (I wanted as many surprises as I could get XD)

I like to call those whom parent(s) was killed by fire benders people who got Batman'd (or is it Bruce Wayne'd?) Mako and Bolin's story pretty much scream it

Greeeeeat, now I want to see Mako and Bolin dressed as Batman and Robin now....

We've known that since before the show aired. They're only going for 2 seasons.

I could have sworn that it was confirmed that each season of Korra was basically going to be a self-contained story, rather than a big overarching epic like TLA, but I can't seem to find a source now. Two seasons have been confirmed, but they chose to go this route in case more seasons were to go into production. Again, I can't seem to find a source right now. :\

Also, back to the whole Firebender supremacists thing I brought up: it would be interesting to see how the series would handle prejudice from the Bending side of things and not just put all focus on the Equalists and non-Benders. I'm sure that there are still some ugly feelings stemming from the war that exist within many benders/non-benders, people from all nations. It wouldn't just totally vanish in 70 years.

Edited by gunthər

With all this firebender talk, does anyone else wonder why Korra uses firebending over the other 2 she has mastered?

she uses Earth quite a bit too, not to mention water due to the Pro Bending league, but I get what you're saying. She tends to use fire bending quite often when actually fighting people, maybe she feels that it's intimidating to the opposition. Honestly I feel at times a lot of the situations they get into will be easily solved with Earth Bending.

With all this firebender talk, does anyone else wonder why Korra uses firebending over the other 2 she has mastered?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

A group of people trying to achieve "equality" with their bending brethren by forceful, terrorist means, all the while admonishing the benders as playing Big Brother to the world and forcing and advocating oppression for their benefit, while the benders refutes such claims, and yet still actively try to stop that faction of Equalists?

All the while, small, yet noticeable and important, incidents of firebending crimes that could be hinted at a revival of Firebending supremacy?

It almost makes me want to make a Cold War parallel. Complete with a flavor of the Neo-Nazi movement.

Plus, it's the only one she can conjure out of thin air.

So wait. I know I'm not the only one who remembers that episode where Katara learned blood bending and her teacher (creepy bitch) pulled water out of thin air.

And yeah I see what you guys mean. Fire is usually the most convenient element to use until she masters Air.

So wait. I know I'm not the only one who remembers that episode where Katara learned blood bending and her teacher (creepy bitch) pulled water out of thin air.

I remember that episode. So who really knows why she didn't bend water out of the air?

As for Bloodbending, do you really think Katara would want to pass that art, considering she tried her damndest not to learn it until she was forced to save her friends with it? She may know how to fight, but considering that she's only bloodbended twice in the last series, I don't think she would want to teach Korra that.

Then again, who really knows? They taught other firebenders lightning, and for all we know other waterbenders may have learned bloodbending without Katara teaching them.

Firebenders can summon lightning at their will, so long as they are completely composed, good or evil. It's not bound to any other factors beyond the firebender's skill and stability.

Bloodbending, on the other hand, requires the boost of power from the full moon, and the original practitioner of the ability could only do it on humans after 20 years of training, and out of total desperation.

Unless waterbenders in this day and age are so much more gifted and stronger than their ancestors and so they could learn the technique without the use of the full moon, I don't think anyone would know how to use the technique. The only ones who saw the move in action are Hama, who's surely dead at this point, Katara, Aang, Sokka, and Zuko, who know better than to unveil the technique's potential, that leader of the Southern Raiders, and the citizens of that Fire Nation village, who would sooner take that experience of the ability to the grave than tell anyone else.

Edited by Joshua

But considering how in 70 years they went from the medieval ages to the 1920 in technology and martial arts, who really knows?

Only fire bending royals knew how to generate lighting in the old series, and now any random firebender could generate it at will. Pro-bending has now taken traditional martial arts of the 3 nations and modernized them into an new form of fighting. Heck, Ty Lee was the only one who know anything about chi-blocking before the Equalists made an even bigger use of it, and I don't think she would have taught it knowing it would be used this way in the future. And considering how some waterbenders could bend water from plants, like the Swamp Brothers in the old series, I wouldn't put it past someone else to put two and two together and discover they could control someone else's body during the 70 year progression. Kind of like how in the Christian Dark Ages we lost a lot of knowledge before getting it back in the Renaissance and the Enlightenment before today.

People had to learn some of these things on their own before teaching others, so don't put it too far past you that someone else may have got the incentive to learn it bloodbending on their own as well.

As you have wished~

tumblr_m33r75oKDp1r61gyjo1_1280.png

tumblr_m33r75oKDp1r61gyjo2_1280.png

tumblr_m33r75oKDp1r61gyjo3_1280.png

tumblr_m33r75oKDp1r61gyjo4_1280.png

tumblr_m33r75oKDp1r61gyjo5_1280.png

{Spoiler'd for size)

Thats just fucking awesome right there, thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, about the waterbending out of thin air thing, if I recall they used the moisture in the atmosphere to conjure up water, and also used the water out the plants.

Btw those pics are awesome.

But yeah, I totally see Firebenders wanting their power back in the next season, and a certain you-know-who to deal with them*cough*Zuko*cough*

But yeah, I totally see Firebenders wanting their power back in the next season, and a certain you-know-who to deal with them*cough*Zuko*cough*

Wouldn't it be totally jacked up if Azula came back with a vengence? If Zuko's alive, and he's the oldest, Azula might be too. Think about that...:D

Wouldn't it be totally jacked up if Azula came back with a vengence? If Zuko's alive, and he's the oldest, Azula might be too. Think about that...biggrin.png

Wouldn't it be totally jacked up if Azula came back with a vengence? If Zuko's alive, and he's the oldest, Azula might be too. Think about that...biggrin.png

That would be interesting. But is or was Azula put in Prison along with their father? I haven't read the mini series so I don't know the facts but assuming she was, I doubt they would let out any time soon. Heck she's probably facing a life sentence in prison w/o her firebending (knowing Aang). So many questions to be answered and yet this show has not explored them.

Only fire bending royals knew how to generate lighting in the old series, and now any random firebender could generate it at will. Heck, Ty Lee was the only one who know anything about chi-blocking before the Equalists made an even bigger use of it, and I don't think she would have taught it knowing it would be used this way in the future.

In those cases however, those skills were exhibited by their users in the open; the firebending royals used it to show how powerful they were and to warn others not to oppose them (and in Iroh's case, caution those who would test his patience), and the chi-blocking techniques were presumably used by Ty Lee and the Kyoshi Warriors after the war to quell any disturbances in the peace, and so were recorded down along with their heroism. No doubt word of mouth and records from people who experienced the movements of the techniques firsthand would reach those who would use them for nefarious purposes, and would train on and on until they got it right.

Bloodbending however carries no documentation that we would know of; all who know about this secret technique are either wise enough to not spread the info around, or are too scared to dispel anything about it.

I'm not opposed to Bloodbending making a return here, but I think it would be odd if suddenly there's a whole legion of Waterbenders who are all proficient in Bloodbending that shows up from nowhere.

@Azula: Didn't the writers say that Azula had completely snapped when she saw Zuko get back up from their Agni Kai? I don't think Azula would pull an Archie Eggman in this case.

I'm not opposed to Bloodbending making a return here, but I think it would be odd if suddenly there's a whole legion of Waterbenders who are all proficient in Bloodbending that shows up from nowhere.

Kinda like how Amon somehow learned to energybend and take people's bending awy when the only Aang was capable of the technique 70 years ago and with no documentation for how anyone else can do it? I'd like to hear you explain that part at least because that would similar to the bloodbending being learned by other benders.

@Azula: Didn't the writers say that Azula had completely snapped when she saw Zuko get back up from their Agni Kai? I don't think Azula would pull an Archie Eggman in this case.

She could have escaped? Honestly, it's just fun wild mass guessing, so it's not like we would expect that to happen.

Kinda like how Amon somehow learned to energybend and take people's bending awy when the only Aang was capable of the technique 70 years ago and with no documentation for how anyone else can do it? I'd like to hear you explain that part at least because that would similar to the bloodbending being learned by other benders.

Amon witnesses Aang Energybending either Yakone's or a subordinate's bending away firsthand, or hears about such an ability through public broadcast, when Yakone was wreaking havoc on Republic City decades ago.

Whether Amon has personal connections with Yakone or not, Amon realizes he could use Energybending to suit his own agenda, and dedicates his life to mastering this skill so that he can use it when the time is right for him to pursue his own goals.

/fanplot :P

Edited by Joshua

You silly goose. :lol:

But yeah, I would put Bloodbending up there with Energybending in regards to some random person learning it. And they have yet to explain how Amon got the latter without knowing it. This Yakone guy would prove interesting tho.

*Browses the Korra encyclopedia/fangame thingy on Nick's site*

"Extremely advanced waterbenders can learn the ability to bloodbend. This technique manipulates the water within one's body, allowing the bender to move the person's muscles, and even crush their internal organs."

The way it's phrased, it seems Bloodbending is mainstream after all. Well, damn.

*Concedes*

Also nice little tidbit, Zuko is currently traveling the world as an ambassador for foreign relations, so he may visit Republic City at some point.

Edit: Oh wow, you can download the rules to Pro-bending in a PDF document from the site. Neato.

Edited by Joshua

Sooo bloodbending is probably going to show up sooner or later. That will be interesting if Korra learned it.

As for the Energy bending, didn't Amon mention how he learned or got the power to Energy bend in like episode 4 or 5 when we all witnessed him take that fire benders bending away?

Also nice little tidbit, Zuko is currently traveling the world as an ambassador for foreign relations, so he may visit Republic City at some point.

Wait Zuko is still alive?

*Fangasm*

figured some of you guys will appreciate this. My gf is making me this cosplay for an upcoming convention AnimeNext

My name is Toph, cuz it sounds like Tough

389679_3379402239716_1109211254_32273057_353641650_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9