Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

All X-Treme material is SEGA's, confirmed by Senn himself to me on a mail. A sole mail. Of a short conversation we once had. Using his publicly displayed address on his site.

I'm a bit astonished, I was just playing Pokémon and when I quickly come to the internet to download Kill la Kill I'm being mentioned around as a means to contact Senn :V I just mailed him out of the blue once, guys tongue.png

WTF is going on?! Why is Flynn trying to get in contact with Senn? is this good or bad?

Went ahead and relayed that info to BumbleKing. It's all up to KKM now.

Uh, hi? I may be useless when it comes to any sort of talent here but when it comes to Sonic Retro, I'am a bridge of sorts when dealing with SSMB members trying to contact Retro members.

Andrew75 is who you are thinking of. if KKM doesn't get to him first I already relayed the posts here to him, he was just on 50 minutes ago so hopefully he logs back in soon.

EDIT: for future refference too, Faseeh and E-122 PSI are also retro members. if both me and KKM arn't on and they are they can help too.

WTF is going on?! Why is Flynn trying to get in contact with Senn? is this good or bad?

Uh, hi? I may be useless when it comes to any sort of talent here but when it comes to Sonic Retro, I'am a bridge of sorts when dealing with SSMB members trying to contact Retro members.

Andrew75 is who you are thinking of. if KKM doesn't get to him first I already relayed the posts here to him, he was just on 50 minutes ago so hopefully he logs back in soon.

I was on another computer and in a rush so I didnt recall the full name XD, I used to chat with him occasionaly on skype... but ya

Still sad I never got accepted on retro :(

I was on another computer and in a rush so I didnt recall the full name XD, I used to chat with him occasionaly on skype... but ya

Still sad I never got accepted on retro sad.png

Its fine, if I can help in some small way I will. but does he still login to skype? he may head their.

Sorry to hear that, still think you should try re-pleading your case I honestly think you just fell through the cracks.

heh, he removed my contact a few months back, so sadly that isnt an option, and for the moment I dont have the time to try again, got other priorities to deal with, and I am just fine hanging around here

Well Ian has pretty much stated it has nothing to do with X-Treme, and it also has nothing to do with Boom as he has other contacts for that.

Guess it could still be about Tiara as a character without the X-Treme stuff that goes with her. Perhaps after charactization, since I'm guessing while Sega owns the character, not only is it a courtesy to ask the creator if they mind but he would know how he intended her to act etc more than the notes Sega may or may not still have.

But if not Boom, or X-Treme...then what?

Edit : It's not Tiara related either, he implied Senn has put everything they would need to use her or the X-Treme content out there ages ago. Which is true I guess....so what the frack is he after!!! Such speculation!!

I know a lot has been said about Penders, but honestly, is this man even taking his work seriously anymore? Echyd'nya? Seriously? And what's this about intense sequences?

sYk2oT8.png

This man. This man can't be serious about his work. I mean, the more we hear about it, the worse it gets. I may have never really cared for Penders characters, because I'm rather new to the series, but damn do I feel bad for you guys that liked them. 

Edit: I'd also like some clarification on this whole Ian and Senn thing. Because I have no idea what the hell is going on. 

Edited by SwiftWinds
  • Thumbs Up 1

Clarification: Who knows *shrug*

We do know it's not X-Treme, Boom or Tiara-related.

As despicable as this man is for giving fans of his characters the middle finger in this recent news, he's always good for a laugh for how ridiculous he is.

• Thumbs Up 4

This might come off rude but I just have to say it

As I've said in the Archie thread if Ken's main point was to get royalties for the stories he made I would be on his side. I believe that if a somebody wrote and draws a comic and the company reprints you work you should get paid. My problem with this is that ken not only wants the stories but the characters he created for Archie which at the end of day belong to SEGA. Not only that he made copyright claims to his work years after he left the book what was stopping him from doing this immediately after he left? And then he says he's sorry and he didn't mean for this to happened. I'm sorry but that's a lie he knew what was going to happened maybe not like this but something similar.

Not only that but he also sued SEGA and EA over sonic chronicles just because the nuctorus(?) clan and shade where based off the dark legion and Julie-Su. By that logic Lucas art and the creators of star treck and other famous sci-fi stuff should be suing him since he keeps making references to them. Another thing that bothers me is that in addition that hes suing because there where comics in sonic mega collection(its that one right?) which means absolutely nothing since he was still WORKING on the book at the. And when archie was having executive troubles and was probably on the edge if dying he said he was willing to make a deal with SEGA to make sonic comics. So after all that legal trouble does he really believe that SEGA will just burry the hatchet and forgive him just like that?

It's not only that but he's has this fascination with making a knuckles movie. Even going out of his way and attempt deals with movie studios without SEGA's approval aka the people who have the final say. It's his fault that SatAM didn't get turned into a movie that Ben Hurst planned(granted I don't care but that's a dick move on his part).

He's done so many stuff and all I want is to just go away and leave this franchise alone. All this legal BS just to make the Lara su chronicles. The more we hear about this the more hilarious it becomes which gets to the point where I wonder if he needed these characters in the first place he's just ruining his legacy and writing his endgame(pun unintentional). He may claim to say he cares about the fans and creators rights but in reality he's just doing to make a profit of off this franchise I'm done

• Thumbs Up 6

Y'know what it PROBABLY is?

None of our dang business. tongue.png

The way I see it, he wouldn't make it plubic if he didn't want us to know about it. he made it our business by asking us to help get in contact with Senn.

Posting from VEDJ-F's status...

tumblr_n20pt64yPG1t23hx3o1_1280.png

It never ends with this guy does it.

Were cutting ties with our past because of you fucker!!

God I hate that man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posting from VEDJ-F's status...

tumblr_n20pt64yPG1t23hx3o1_1280.png

yNOYE1Q.gif

It never ends with this guy does it.

Oh boy... Yeah, LSC is embracing its history alright. That's why all the characters are now aliens. Which flies in the face of all the bullshit he and Bollers made up on the spot in the Sonic Adventure era of the book. It's so goddamned cute how he tries to spin this as anything other than a huge "fuck you" to the Archie readership his actions pissed off or his former employers. Good for you, Penders, you're "embracing your history" while Archie was forced to distance themselves from that history because you're too greedy, bitter, and incompetent to come up with something original that will actually take off, so you have to ride the coattails of your only claim to fame (and shamelessly rip-off those that inspired you, too), and tarnish the legacy you once had in the process.

Please tell me someone has replied to this idiot pointing out thats because he threw a lawsuit at them instead of trying to create something original.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please tell me someone has replied to this idiot pointing out thats because he threw a lawsuit at them instead of trying to create something original.

Well, technically, Archie sued him, but since he threw a shitfit at SEGA/EA and started filing for copyrights, you can't blame Archie for trying to protect their property. But yeah, like DarkLight said, I really don't think Penders would care and he'd just say "well, sorry this isn't to your liking, but I know plenty of people who do like it!" Which is pretty much how he answers any criticism nowadays.

He still thinks he's gunna get a movie out of all this?

His "books" would have to be a success first, if and when they ever get done. Don't count your chickens is a rule of thumb he obviously hasn't heard of. That and who's making it for him on mates rates, cause after all his stalemate and lost court battles and lawyers fees he must be pretty damn near skint..even if Archie paid for some of his ones with them as part of the settlement.

You either have to have a very successful franchise for people to approach you...or have a lot of cash to pay for it and approach them. Unless he plans to do it all himself...*shudders*

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, technically, Archie sued him, but since he threw a shitfit at SEGA/EA and started filing for copyrights, you can't blame Archie for trying to protect their property. But yeah, like DarkLight said, I really don't think Penders would care and he'd just say "well, sorry this isn't to your liking, but I know plenty of people who do like it!" Which is pretty much how he answers any criticism nowadays.

I was pretty sure Penders sued first and Archie countersued.

Only Uwe Boll would touch a film version. Dear god Ken stop! Please this reminds me of the simpsons when Homer's bro Herb lets him create a new car

"$82000 DOLLARS! THIS MONSTROCITY COSTS $82000 DOLLARS! THE ZOO WAS FUN BUT IAM RUINED!!!

or he got a bunch of monkies to write about for him

Only Uwe Boll would touch a film version. Dear god Ken stop! Please this reminds me of the simpsons when Homer's bro Herb lets him create a new car

"$82000 DOLLARS! THIS MONSTROCITY COSTS $82000 DOLLARS! THE ZOO WAS FUN BUT IAM RUINED!!!

or he got a bunch of monkies to write about for him