Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I was pretty sure Penders sued first and Archie countersued.

He made copyright claims towards the characters behind Archie's and SEGA's back

I was pretty sure Penders sued first and Archie countersued.

The way I understood the situation was that Penders went after SEGA/EA when Chronicles was brought to his attention. Around the same time he was filing for copyrights for all his material, and SEGA and Archie weren't having that, so Archie sued him in an effort to get him to stop. I think we all know how this sad little story ends by now...

He made copyright claims towards the characters behind Archie's and SEGA's back

Don't forget he also made claims for several stories he wrote (and had many of his co-writers for those stories defer their rights to him when he filed), since he was planning on reprinting them in the early stages of LSC's development. At least he got stopped there.

Also guys it seems like each part of Sonic Origins is just five pages apiece. 

From this article. Here's the mathematical breakdown;

-One comic = 20 pages.

-Ratio of Mega Man to Sonic in FCBD is 50:50, Sonic has 10 pages total.

-First two Sonic Origins instalments included. Each part if equal is 5 pages.

Just got my 257.

I'm really interested to see where this all is going.

In particular, I'm really intrigued to see how the Werehog is going to be handled. I think it's pretty obvious that's a given, though I kind of wonder how will it be pulled off. Will he be canon in design to the Unleashed model, or will the artwork takes its own spin on what a Dark Gaia mutant would look like?

Then there's of course the issue of Chip. You can't have your dark without your light, after all!

What really surprises me is how SEGA's letting them tie in so much Unleashed stuff. I thought SEGA would have tried to bury Unleashed from memory.

Sure, they'd try to bury it. That's why there was Werehog merch made well after the game was released.

There's actually very little that SEGA likes to bury. Sonic Chronicles is one of them. Even Sonic '06 isn't.

Sure, they'd try to bury it. That's why there was Werehog merch made well after the game was released.

There's actually very little that SEGA likes to bury. Sonic Chronicles is one of them. Even Sonic '06 isn't.

You don't need to be snarky about it, you know.

sad.png

It was my understanding that poorly reviewed games are delisted. I suppose I just find it odd they don't try and bury anything to do with said games on top of it.

Well, to be fair, Sonic Unleashed was "de - listed" by SEGA.

The fact that so much of this game can be referenced, including the Werehog, is nothing short of an achievement in my book.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the whole 'de-listed' thing is greatly exaggerated and wasn't even a factor when it came to including the Werehog and Unleashed in the comic. Soleanna's been mentioned before, how come nobody brought up that excuse then?

And honestly, there's no way they'll let Archie tweak the design to look like anything but how he looked in the game. Consistency and whatnot.

DarkLight is quite right; whoever said that Sonic games were being delisted if their rating on Metacritic was lower than 70 was either misinformed or outright making it up to try and get brownie points. I mean, I read that interview and the two examples he cited were Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure, neither of which were below 70 on Metacritic if I remember right. Most likely, games got delisted because they were old and there was no need to produce new units for them.

I think the whole 'de-listed' thing is greatly exaggerated and wasn't even a factor when it came to including the Werehog and Unleashed in the comic. Soleanna's been mentioned before, how come nobody brought up that excuse then?

And honestly, there's no way they'll let Archie tweak the design to look like anything but how he looked in the game. Consistency and whatnot.

Exaggerated? Perhaps. Insignificant towards its inclusion in Archie? I'm not so sure...

I mean, Hope's quip in SU #4 was just a brief mention of the city. This is a full blown story arc / adaptation. A harmless cameo wouldn't be as important in the grand scheme of things as a major story element.

The entries of Princess Elise, Mephiles, Iblis and Solaris in the Comic Encyclopedia do prove your point though. I won't argue there.

- EDIT -  I guess that would make sense VEDJ - F. Rush and Rush Adventure were around 82 and 78 respectively. I see.

I know Solenna was just a name-drop and this is a full blown adaptation, but regardless, if the delisting thing ever was such a big to Sega, they wouldn't have allowed those kind of things for Archie to put in the comic. That was my point.

But since this was/has been clarified already, I'll just drop it.

Back on the previous train of thought...um... oh yeah...Penders continues to be a laughable, yet frustrating idiot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh God that off panel I can't stop laughing

A box that says "Epic Sandwich Ingrediants". Eggman sure knows how to make a mean sandwich...

• Thumbs Up 1

So the train is from Rail Canyon, the Badniks are from Sonic and Knuckles, and one of Rotor's gadgets is one of Tails' from Sonic Battle. Is Eta a typo?

I see Adamis Fox's post, and I have two questions.

1. Where is that image of Manic from?

And 2. Whatever happened to the conclusion to Sonic Underground? I understand Penders kind of screwed up the whole overall plot to the comics, but why did they promote the Underground epilogue only to can it?

They only mentioned about it that SEGA never allowed them from the start to use Sonic Underground. Speculating here, but I figure SEGA opened an exception since it was the 50th issue and all, celebrate, and when they ended up concluding "this would go better with something that connects to the crossover et al", they missed their window of opportunity.

I see Adamis Fox's post, and I have two questions.

1. Where is that image of Manic from?

And 2. Whatever happened to the conclusion to Sonic Underground? I understand Penders kind of screwed up the whole overall plot to the comics, but why did they promote the Underground epilogue only to can it?

1. Model sheets from Underground (see here - scroll down a lot).

2. What Bean/KKM/Harlock/Whatever his name is when you read this said, I guess.

Is it me, or am I the only one to notice how earlier then usual the issue's spoilers have come out?

Junkier food? How is this man not dead yet?

I like Eta's design. I was worried he would look too much like Gamma and his siblings.

I like how there's a clear transition between the first E-100s' designs to Gamma's design. Not including Alpha and Phi.

And, as expected, the standard cover was just for design and not indicative of the characters actually in the issue.