Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh geez that Off Panel... XD

Nice to see Evan Stanley's pencils continuing,

I like her take on Uncle Chuck in particular.

biggrin.png I also like the panel of Amy kicking some butt! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

...Pickle's assistant is named Q. Cumber Gherkin?!

...that's halfway silly and halfway awesome.

Hmm. Seeing Eta makes me wonder if Chaos Gamma is still alive.

Wouldn't it be nice if he joined G.U.N like regular Gamma was going to before he died?

Meanwhile, Ian cofirmed that SEGA explicitly does not want Sonic X reprinted.

sigh, that would be sega

Meanwhile, Ian confirmed that SEGA explicitly does not want Sonic X reprinted.

Literally for no reason? That's typical Sega logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're going to have two continuities going on in the games pretty soon, and sort of a third on the side with mainline Archie. I imagine it's an issue of wanting to keep things relatively streamlined by not tossing in a fourth.

Sad for the X comic (I always did want to give that one a shot), but not really unreasonable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meanwhile, Ian confirmed that SEGA explicitly does not want Sonic X reprinted.

Bummer. I have a few random issues, and I'm kicking myself for missing that $40 deal when Archie had it, but had hopes a trade collection wasn't out of the question. I did want to give it a proper read-through. Oh well...

I'm guessing SEGA wants sonic X to finally die

Doesn't the actual show still air on television to this day? I'm surprised SEGA hasn't stopped that, considering X's general reputation. Although, the last time I checked the channel it airs on was last year or so, maybe it's been pulled since then...but I doubt it.

Doesn't the actual show still air on television to this day? I'm surprised SEGA hasn't stopped that, considering X's general reputation. Although, the last time I checked the channel it airs on was last year or so, maybe it's been pulled since then...but I doubt it.

It still airs Saturday mornings on Vortexx or whatever it's called. I don't know if that block airs everywhere (it replaced FoxBox/4Kids TV), but Sonic X is indeed still on the airwaves. And, last I checked, it's available on Hulu (Japanese and English).

Eh maybe but hey it's SEGA's decision

Spoiler time!

The issue begins with the Freedom Fighters arriving to hi-jack Eggy's train in the Soleanna Forest Zone. Chuck and Pickle are onboard and are being transported for pick-up in the Bullet Station at Rail Canyon Zone. While Sally, Rotor, and Bunnie (Making up Team Fighters) try to gain control of the train and find out where the professors are being held, the others will cover them using the Tornado and Twister. (A new purply plane flown by Antoine!)

Team Fighters begin their operation by landing on the front of the train and trying open the top hatch. However, even with the combined forces of Bunnie and Rotor, they're only able to create a small hole. Sally sees an opportunity and sends Nicole down in her computer form (Making adorable emoticon faces as she tumbles down) and she quickly changes to A.I. mode. She begins accessing the train's controls, but before she's able to finish the job, E-106 Eta arrives. Eta tries to flatten her, but she dodges, causing the bot to destroy the control console and send the whole train into rapid acceleration.

Seeing the train going bonkers, Sonic tells Amy to abandon the current plan and that they're doing this car-by-car now. The two jump from their positions on the Tornado and Twister and begin their search for the professors. Speaking of which, inside the train, Chuck and Pickle notice the speed increase and stumble a bit. While Pickle goes on his usual tirade about the ghastly catering services on the vehicle, Chuck takes the sudden velocity as a possible sign that they'll be out of there soon enough.

Back to Team Fighters, Nicole reports to Sally that she's under attack and quickly tosses her computer form to the princess, escaping her situation. However, she reports the damage to the controls and that the individual doors between the cars are still sealed, meaning that there's no fast way to check every one. Sally changes up their operation accordingly and they begin the car-by-car checking process by going through the top of each one.

After Amy almost accidentally sets off a car full of munitions by hammering her way into it, she hooks up with Bunnie and suggests that they try to show a bit of restraint for the others. They work together to open another one, but it's a dud. Sally and Rotor open another, but it's another miss full of Eggy's food rations. Sonic crashes into another one, but only finds tons of angry Badniks ready to sting. The Badniks quickly swarm out of the train and start attacking Tails and Antoine. Sally tells Bunnie to go and help them out while Amy arrives to assist her and Rotor with the ground-based Badniks. Sonic also pops out of the car to the sound of popping bots, but the train takes a sharp turn, tossing everyone on top around.

While Sally and Rotor are able to stabilize their positions using their airboards, they quickly lose track of Amy, worrying that she couldn't get to safety since she came in on the Twister instead of a board. However, she's safe in Sonic's hands as he hops back onto the train using his friends' boards as platforms. Sonic hands Amy to Sally and tells her to stay with the other two since he needs to move fast if he has any chance of saving the professors. While Sally stays on her board to act as Sonic's potential safety net should something go awry, Rotor and Amy weaken one more hatch before Sonic busts through it, hoping that he finds who he needs to. Luckily, the car they chose was the right one and Sonic works towards freeing the two. Chuck tells him to hurry, as they've learned that the gas that he examined back in Wood Zone and Pickle's research are linked to something bigger, but he's quickly interrupted by the arrival of the raging Eta. The issue ends as Sonic faces off with the bot. There's also quite a humorous Off-Panel starring Pickle's assistant.

Enjoy! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh maybe but hey it's SEGA's decision

That's thing; it's probably not SEGA's decision. Once your show enters syndication, airing rights basically go to whoever buys it for their block. You don't have much control.

They're going to have two continuities going on in the games pretty soon, and sort of a third on the side with mainline Archie. I imagine it's an issue of wanting to keep things relatively streamlined by not tossing in a fourth.

In a sense, we already have a forth: the comics original continuity being reprinted via the graphic novels could be considered a forth canon.

And when you consider it's graphic novel collections, Sega not wanting Sonic X reprints just makes even less sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ben Bates has released the third entry in his series showing the design process of the new Sally.

Something that I didn't notice before this, and that I think is really cool is how she technically doesn't have hair anymore.  Her fur just has multiple tones in a way that's really well done IMO.  I was also unaware that the black parts are now dark blue.  I think he and Ryan Jampole did a fantastic job on reworking all the characters

• Thumbs Up 8

And Elias was in the process of being redesigned. 

Lol at Ben mocking Sally's relationship with Sonic.

Edit: i also notice how there's emphasis on the fact that Sally should only have one hair wing...only for the comic to ultimately give her two.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very interesting to see the process. :) Also to see what could have been. The more I hear of this the more I wish the Mecha Sally arc could have ended in a much better way than it did. :( Ah well.

I heard that the second worlds collide trade comes out today on my way to buy it

Well my store doesn't have it atleast I was able to get part 1 and the 3rd mega man arc

I ordered it off of Archie's website, because somebody screwed up, and the people at the bookstores said it wouldn't be out until the 25th of this month.

I ordered it off of Archie's website, because somebody screwed up, and the people at the bookstores said it wouldn't be out until the 25th of this month.

Bookstores and sites like Amazon aren't in the direct market, so it makes sense that they get them later than comic book shops (which order through Diamond, the comic publishers' distributor for comic book stores). Can be a little annoying, but the wait, typically, is only about a week or so.