Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

"Enerjak: Reborn" being renamed to "Evil: Reborn" is almost hilarious. Being pushed back to March, not so much.

They... they changed it?! Bummer. Hopefully that's just for the cover. I'm guessing it's similar to how St. John has to be removed/replaced on future covers after the legal issues?

Still a silly change, especially when Penders has gone on record that the characters can be used, and there's no reason why they can't namedrop Enerjak for reprints (the arc is literally "Enerjak: Reborn"!). Oh well. As long as the interiors are untouched, I can't complain, I suppose.

But it looks so fun and enjoyable and cute! I really want to read it.

I wasn't bashing it I was just remembering somebody saying they wouldn't do one since it has no story

Sonic Dash adaption is, in a nutshell:

Sonic: "What a perfect day for a red ring hunt. And best of all no friends to bug me.

Tails: "HIIIIIII SONIC WATCHA DOIN?

Knuckles: "Hey Sonic I bet I can hunt red rings quicker than you!"

Amy: "SONNIKKU~!!"

Sonic: "Guys! Can't I get five minutes to myself?

*Sonic attempts to get away from his friends, tripping over things and crasing into stuff in the process, until he finds a red ring*

Sonic: "Alright already! You guys can come, but you gotta keep up!"

PLAY SONIC DASH NOAW! THE END.

BEST ADAPTATION EVER! Screw all the others in all seriousness the art looks good and we got red rings in comic

Found the source. It's the preview of comixology

And I swear I didn't see that one this time.

I have to say, I do like Jennifer Hernandez's style; be interesting to see her on the main book with a slightly more serious storyline.

Also kinda nice that little one-off stories like this aren't clogging up the main book and taking away story pages by being relegated to supplementary magazines.

Sonic: "What a perfect day for a red ring hunt. And best of all no friends to bug me.

*Sonic attempts to get away from his friends, tripping over things and crasing into stuff in the process, until he finds a red ring*

The hilarious part is that it's reminiscent of a certain short about Sonic's friends lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't like this adaptation. Not only does it imply that Sonic sees his friends as a burden (something he would never admit to even if he did), but it reduces the other three (especially Amy) to unlikeable stereotypes. It also fails to explain why the red rings are being sought-after. I know their purpose in the actual game, but here I'm told nothing. The artwork is palatable though, and I did like the way it shows the dangers of not paying attention to what's ahead of you.

Read Sonic Universe #60.

Eclipse is starting to grow on me, despite his name and unoriginal appearance. I dunno why, but seeing how much he wants Shadow to join him...it makes him almost cute. In a weird way.

Surely the Dash adaptation is something Archie were told to do as a form of advertising, rather than something that they actually were keen to do independently?  If you really dislike it, there are probably grounds to regard it as non-canon.  I'm aware that the comic's whole existence boils down partly to advertising, but there are degrees to that.

What I mean is that I doubt Sega were raring for Archie to return to those relevant and well-loved classics, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Unleashed, whereas Sonic Dash is something they want people to actually spend money on right now.

Sonic dash came out a year ago why do an adaptation now? Samething with sonic jump

Because digital app games have longer selling periods. The idea is not to get all the money from release but to keep, over a duration fo eyars, constant sales.

So wheres the 5-page preview of Shadow Fall again?

Also, I'm gonna get soo much abuse out of this:

80v7.png

(feel free to edit and clean up this btw, its just a dirty edit I made.)

Found the source. It's the preview of comixology

And I swear I didn't see that one this time.

Do you want the preview pages? as you can see I got them saved.

"Enerjak: Reborn" being renamed to "Evil: Reborn" is almost hilarious. Being pushed back to March, not so much.

Welp, it has got to this point now, we can't even use the names of Penders characters anymore. wonder what they are going do to in the comic every time the name is said?

EDIT: Read:

Unrelated to the above posts but...

Source: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7327&start=15#p381419

Long story short, not only does SEGA not want the world to be known as Mobius, but they have the unoriginal name "Sonic's World" in place instead of giving it a damn name. Is this not an Alternate (future) Earth anymore? Can we not settle for it to be called Earth even if it's got a slightly different continental placement? I'm rather uncomfortable with our friends living on an unnamed planet, as it can make some wording very awkward.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, not sure if anyone made note of this, but we're getting a new Sonic graphic novel series for the new continuity. Amazon has the first volume, Countdown to Chaos, available for pre-order. No cover yet, though but it is slated for an August 19th 2014 release. (http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-1-Countdown-Chaos/dp/162738927X/ref=pd_sim_b_20)

Huh, not sure if anyone made note of this, but we're getting a new Sonic graphic novel series for the new continuity. Amazon has the first volume, Countdown to Chaos, available for pre-order. No cover yet, though but it is slated for an August 19th 2014 release. (http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-1-Countdown-Chaos/dp/162738927X/ref=pd_sim_b_20)

Yeah we already know about it.

So the planet's official name is literally "Sonic's World"? But that doesn't make any sense! If Sonic is so important that he has an entire planet named after him, why does nobody in Unleashed know who he is?

... It's not the ACTUAL name it's like when characters in other media refer to möbius as "Sonic's World". It just means it doesn't have a name

Welp, it has got to this point now, we can't even use the names of Penders characters anymore. wonder what they are going do to in the comic every time the name is said?

I'm under the impression it's something with the covers and it's similar to how St. John had to be removed from any new covers despite featuring and being namedropped in the stories those books collected. It's an idiotic change, but I'm hoping it won't affect the interiors (only evidence I have that it won't is that none of the reprints I've seen have had alterations to that extreme--I've seen touched up colors and fixing the direction of word balloons, but the content appears to be the same between the original printings and the collections).

Also, what Jolt_TH said about the planet's name. Which is strange since SoJ had worked with calling the world "Earth" for a long time, and I'm pretty sure it was referred to as such prior to Sonic Colors. I guess they're retconning referring to the planet by name in the games now...?

Hold it, if the planet is now called Sonic's world, when they refer it in the Unleashed arc what are they gonna call it? Are they just gonna say that "Sonic's world" is breaking apart? I don't see why they couldn't just call it Earth, since that's what it's called in the games.

Hold it, if the planet is now called Sonic's world, when they refer it in the Unleashed arc what are they gonna call it? Are they just gonna say that "Sonic's world" is breaking apart? I don't see why they couldn't just call it Earth, since that's what it's called in the games.

They'll likely just say "the world" or "the planet." I don't think characters are going to refer to it in-universe as "Sonic's world". I guess they just don't want to name the planet right now; which could possibly have been a hold-over from Sonic X, in which Sonic came from an unknown/unnamed world, now that I think about it.

The world, the planet, our planet, our world. I dunno about anyone else, but where I come from, we really don't use our planet's name in any conversation ever.

Who cares? We can just call it nameck or whatever. We know what the planet is granted I do believe saying "sonic's world" is lazy writing but just leave it as it is hell blazes world doesn't have a name