Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Also ElectroKyurem I stil don't understand why you so macabrely insist on imagining all the characters dead. You yourself just said if the comic was cancelled you could imagine the characters living fine, why can't you still do that here? The reboot was just shown to have affected the whole multiverse, so even the echidnas Thrash shoved somewhere were affected. Only characters relevant to the story are being reintroduced, and we know those characters aren't relevant, so they won't be reintroduced- which means they're not confirmed dead either, in fact they're not confirmed ANYTHING.

Just assume Geoffrey and Hersh live in a hut in the mountains somewhere we'll never see, and the echidnas all lived millenia ago or are nameless mooks of the Dark Brotherhood, etc. You're the one who has convinced himself you need to see them all die, and that's sadistic man.

Also supporting the Lara-Su Chronicles because the characters are there when the Lara-Su Chronicles are the reason the characters are gone, and when the characters will be mangled beyond recognition there... no, man. Get a hold of yourself. You just showed disposition to remain on your own headcanon, do that instead. You'll be better off.

Believe me, I'd love to believe that they aren't dead. But everyone keeps saying they are, and I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise. In fact, I'll just quote VEDJ-F here:

Ah...they're not. Even if they were in a different universe, it would have been part of the same multiverse. Which has been crunched up and rebuilt. It kind of reminds me of the fate of the Original Freedom Fighters, in a way.

I'd say 256 pretty much confirmed it with the multiverse's collapse, and crushed any hope I might have had in the process. What makes it worse is that they won't be missed in-universe, even by the few characters who remember them. So despite seeing no reason that Elias can't be living in the Wood Zone with Meg and Alexis or that Tails' parents aren't members of GUN in this reality, I am rightfully scared that it isn't the case.

VEDJ-F also happens, with all due respect, to not be the writer of the comic. Neither am I, the point here being that no-one here can tell you exactly what happened to the characters.

Just think of it like this. The reboot affected everyone that wasn't Sonic, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot (since those four were in the source of it). Yet Tails isn't dead, Blaze isn't dead, Sally isn't dead, Chuck isn't dead, Muttski changed but isn't dead, Lord Hood isn't dead, Nicole isn't dead, Bunnie isn't dead, Antoine isn't dead. No-one died.

Maybe the other characters did die. But you know what? We'll never know. The whole point of the reboot is that we'll never know. They'll never allude to "hold on I remember there was this fellow?" Their fate is literally whatever you conclude. So the only reason you have to be suffering through this is yourself, at this point. Again, just assume they're off somewhere else. Have fun with it, you're now free to have unrestrained headcanons.

• Thumbs Up 8

Isn't Ian writing up a list of details of everything he had planned including character fates that led up to #300? won't that just tell us what happened to everyone in a sense?

Also how did Ian explain how Blaze's dimension wasn't effected by the multi-verse collapse?

Isn't Ian writing up a list of details of everything he had planned including character fates that led up to #300? won't that just tell us what happened to everyone in a sense?

Wait, I remember reading somewhere (I think this thread) that Ian couldn't reveal what plans he had, at least not in detail?

Or am I thinking of something else?

Also how did Ian explain how Blaze's dimension wasn't effected by the multi-verse collapse?

It'll explain what'd have ahppened to them in the old world, my point is no-one'll explain what happened to them in the new world (unless Ian does something like, I don't know, sacrificing a character he could use to say "YEAH I COULD USE UUUUUUH ROSIE BUT I'M NOT SHE'S OFF PANEL ASSUME THAT APPLIES TO EVERYONE" and I doubt he'd do that since he kinda needs every character he can get).

And so far no-one explained it, although unless I misread 256 the multiverse is in the process of collapsing, not collapsed already.

Wait, I remember reading somewhere (I think this thread) that Ian couldn't reveal what plans he had, at least not in detail?

Or am I thinking of something else?

You might be thinking of how Ian for obvious reasons had to spend around one year denying everything. A couple months ago though he realised however that what Ian Flynn, writer, can't do, Ian Flynn, fan, likely can- and so he's going to do a write-up of all the plans he originally had for the comic, like how Ken Penders and Karl Bollers and over this side of the pond Nigel Kitching did, with plenty of disclaimers reminding people that he's not speaking for SEGA, not for Archie, none of this was approved by SEGA nor Archie, even if the reboot hadn't happened these plans would've likely not happened exactly how he wanted since they had to be written and reviewed by the editor and by the licensor, but anyways, this is what I had planned for the next few years here you go.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman explained that on the very next page. He said

Every facet of reality fell in on itself and was then recreated.

Bolded as in the book.

So, basically, the SGW affected the whole multiverse, rewriting ALL realities. How they're affected, we'll just have to wait and see. Blaze's dimension was probably affected either in very minor ways that weren't worth noting, or the changes weren't of the sort that affected the story. I'd have to reread PPP in order to come up with any theories but I don't see anything glaringly contradictory at the moment.

Downloaded #60. Here's a basic summery of what goes down:

-To deal with the paralysing gas the comet released last issue, the Spider Troupe simply put their helmets up, and Rouge is given a rebreather. Problem easily solved.

-They're then attacked by a horde of those missile launching worms.

-Shadow and Eclipse battle. Shadow is finding things difficult due to being cut off from his chaos powers (Eclipse confirms it's due to being on the comet).

-Eclipse psychically shows Shadow his and Black Death's history: Black Death learnt of what had happened to Black Doom via his hive-mind connection. Death created Eclipse as a counter-measure against Shadow. Unlike the other black arms creatures, Eclipse is able to act on his own, without being controlled by Black Death. Through this, he attempts to sway Shadow back to their side, but it proves futile. However, Black Death intervenes and Shadow becomes completely under his control.

-Shadow and Eclipse, with a horde of black arms soldiers by their side, hunt down Team Dark and the Spider Troupe and attack. The troupe retreat, the issue ends with Eclipse going after them, leaving Team Dark to fight their former team-mate.

-In the off-panel, Black Death deals with sight problems...

Pics:

ry99.jpg

vq94.jpg

brnl.jpg

m9fp.jpg

op0r.jpg

1f86.jpg

rxod.jpg

ouis.jpg

uujx.jpg

efh7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

That off panel just makes me all the more happy Aleah Baker's doing a story later on in the main comic :D

I knew Eclipse would be an effective villain!  He sort of has a brother like bond like Wolverine and Sabretooth's from X-Men Origins when I think about it.

Haven't read the issue yet, gotta wait for it to be available to order, but I really hope that the Black Arms, or at the very least Eclipse stay for the long run to be a part of Shadow's new rogue gallery!

Man I'm loving Jamal's artwork. My only worry about this arc is that eclipse is going to be the effective villian while Black Death seems to be just there as the big boss

"Enerjak: Reborn" being renamed to "Evil: Reborn" is almost hilarious. Being pushed back to March, not so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Enerjak: Reborn being renamed to Evil: Reborn is almost hilarious. Being pushed back to March, not so much.

They can't even name drop Enerjak anymore....urgh.

Also, you might wanna put some quotations or italics on those, I nearly missread the titles until I noticed the caps.

Also, you might wanna put some quotations or italics on those, I nearly missread the titles until I noticed the caps.

Okay then.

EDIT: Mel's, I hate you.

oops

Tragedy is that I saw your original post right after I posted mine.

What issue was the Sonic Dash adaption again?

SSSM#10. It's already out and even had a preview...somewhere. Need to trace it.

Oh look they're doing a sonic dash adaptation a game that has no story