Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As I said in the status, that's Ian's personal theory and moreso for the games. There is zero link between them in the actual Archie canon. 

Besides, his theory is bunk because there was no Mephiles by the end; he'd re-merged with Iblis even before the candle was snuffed. If there was anything left, it'd be of Solaris the whole. 

As I said in the status, that's Ian's personal theory and moreso for the games. There is zero link between them in the actual Archie canon. 

Besides, his theory is bunk because there was no Mephiles by the end; he'd re-merged with Iblis even before the candle was snuffed. If there was anything left, it'd be of Solaris the whole. 

I personally think that the flame being blown out and time resetting resulted in Solaris breaking apart into seperate "fragments". The Mephiles aspect of that might have become the Time Eater. I also personally think that everything else became Blaze's world and the stuff connected to it.

That's...not a very plausible theory when it was said that blowing Solaris out would simply erase him. And the only reason for the split was an experiment gone wrong, Solaris isn't meant to do that.

What if a fragment of Mephiles broke off before fusing with Iblis?

Heck, what if Mephiles discarded a piece of himself deliberately as a failsafe?

There's not really any indication that he ever did that, nor would there be a reason for him to do so since his entire goal was to merge with Iblis to form Solaris which acts counter to the concept of leaving pieces of himself behind.

Honestly, I think trying to link Mephiles with the Time Eater is a lost cause. Just chalk it up to bare writing as to why their powers are both timey based.

• Thumbs Up 3

The way I see it, preventing a powerful being that exists within and outside all frames of time and space from ever forming might leave some sort of "Temporal imprints" behind. Like a fragment of it's being. One of those "fragments" could have been the parts of the Time Eater that became Mephiles, possibly except the "consiousness". Everything else (Solaris' power) could have formed the Sol Dimension. 

See, I never thought that Mephiles was part of Solaris, but Mephiles was a separate entity that corrupted Solaris into Iblis, then merged into Iblis to reform Solaris and take it over himself. So in my personal theory, Mephiles still exists after Solaris was wiped out. Maybe Ian has a similar thought on this.

Personally when I saw the Time Eater the first thing I thought is that it was somehow connected to Mephiles as well, except in a mindless state. Games never bring it up or explain what the Time Eater actually is, and they are related concepts. So it wouldn't surprise me really if the Time Eater was what Mephiles turned into in the new timeline.

I like to think that Time Eater reminds us of past villains in those games because both Eggmen collected and reused machines from each of their failed plans and schemes.

Then again, I initially believed he was some kind of mutation caused by the explosion in Colors, but to each their own.

While I doubt there was any intended connection in game, it'd be easy to connect with Mephiles. Generations itself shows that the 06 timeline didn't erase itself, it isolated itself. From there to assuming a weak Mephiles from one of the various timelines needed for the game to work bleeding out (hell, take the fanon all the way- bleeding from the cannon shot in Colours) and Eggman finding him.

Dunno where all this Mephiles stuff is coming from, even the comic tool a wide stretch with that one. The game seems to follow on from Colours more than any other in particular. So personally I always thought it was a Nega Wisp of sorts, perhaps the expelled negative Hyper-go-on energy, be it from the cannon, or the large amount that was corrupting the Mother Wisp from the DS version. Not once did I ever consider Mephiles >.<

The game itself isn't clear, just it was a being Eggman found while he was in space. Why does it have to link back to anything else? It's no more random than Solaris or Dark Gaia or any of the other monster bosses.

Dunno where all this Mephiles stuff is coming from, even the comic tool a wide stretch with that one. The game seems to follow on from Colours more than any other in particular. So personally I always thought it was a Nega Wisp of sorts, perhaps the expelled negative Hyper-go-on energy, be it from the cannon, or the large amount that was corrupting the Mother Wisp from the DS version. Not once did I ever consider Mephiles >.<

The game itself isn't clear, just it was a being Eggman found while he was in space. Why does it have to link back to anything else? It's no more random than Solaris or Dark Gaia or any of the other monster bosses.

I'm not understanding what exactly you mean by "Random". Solaris, Dark Gaia and Chaos all had their origins and histories introduced with them. The Time Eater wasn't explained at all besides being found in space. 

I would reject that idea just on the ground that I can't imagine Mephiles being powerful enough to do what the Time Eater is capable of on his own without the (inexplicably massive) power boost that fusing with Iblis gave him

It's a nice thought trying to tie it in with something form the past to make it more logical, but honestly, random-time-thing-from-space is probably the only kind of explanation we'll get. In all honesty as overused as it is, I would've welcomed something to do with the Chaos Emeralds here. The fact that the Black Arms had specific powers that the Emeralds resonated with makes me think that the Emeralds have had some kind of past on planets outside of Sonic's world. Pure fanon, but if anything like that IS the case, I'd like to see it expanded on.

I'd like to think that time eater links back to CD and is a being made of energy released by the space-time continuum being messed with with all the time travel. Heck it could possibly be some sorta space-time guardian, which is why Eggman found it near the mind control explosion black hole, as black holes are a rip in space and I believe time aswell it may have been coming to investigate the unexpected black hole, causing a flux in space time. As someone posted a while back time eater isn't necessarily an evil being and looked like it was struggling to free itself from Eggmans machinery. So It could just be some sorta neutral force

I would reject that idea just on the ground that I can't imagine Mephiles being powerful enough to do what the Time Eater is capable of on his own without the (inexplicably massive) power boost that fusing with Iblis gave him

It's a nice thought trying to tie it in with something form the past to make it more logical, but honestly, random-time-thing-from-space is probably the only kind of explanation we'll get. In all honesty as overused as it is, I would've welcomed something to do with the Chaos Emeralds here. The fact that the Black Arms had specific powers that the Emeralds resonated with makes me think that the Emeralds have had some kind of past on planets outside of Sonic's world. Pure fanon, but if anything like that IS the case, I'd like to see it expanded on.

Well, Mephiles already had the power to travel through time, and there's also the fact he had some of Shadow's powers mixed in with that somewhere... so I guess he would be able to erase certain locations and events from the timeline.

I'm not understanding what exactly you mean by "Random". Solaris, Dark Gaia and Chaos all had their origins and histories introduced with them. The Time Eater wasn't explained at all besides being found in space.

Have we ever found out where Sonic came from and why he has super speed? Where Tails comes from and why he can fly? Where's Amy from? Where does Eggman hail from and why is he so rich that he can build bazillions of robots etc. Where Blaze came from, and Silver for that matter, some nondescript "other dimension" which they spend bugger all time in considering how often they show up in Sonic's world. And these are main characters.

I more meant random as in huge godly creatures in Sonic's world, compared to the usual Sonic vs Eggman and his robots main theme of the series. All I'm saying is not everything needs an explanation or a past given to them. Eggman found it in space, he modified it with machine parts (god knows how that works) to retrieve himself from the past and then together they finished modifying it into the final boss. Does it really need a background?

• Thumbs Up 1

Have we ever found out where Sonic came from and why he has super speed? Where Tails comes from and why he can fly? Where's Amy from? Where does Eggman hail from and why is he so rich that he can build bazillions of robots etc. Where Blaze came from, and Silver for that matter, some nondescript "other dimension" which they spend bugger all time in considering how often they show up in Sonic's world. And these are main characters.

I more meant random as in huge godly creatures in Sonic's world, compared to the usual Sonic vs Eggman and his robots main theme of the series. All I'm saying is not everything needs an explanation or a past given to them. Eggman found it in space, he modified it with machine parts (god knows how that works) to retrieve himself from the past and then together they finished modifying it into the final boss. Does it really need a background?

Sonic was born on Christmas Island, but left because of his love for freedom and adventure. His Super Speed is most likely something he was born with and exercised naturally . That's all we know. 

Tails lived originally lived on Cocoa Island, and fought the Battle Kukku Army. Sometime after that, he moved to Westside Island where he was teased and bullied for having two tails. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Amy is a girl who likes mystical things, and loves Sonic. She may or may not have lived in the area around Never Lake.

Eggman is the grandson of Professor Gerald Robotnik, and wants to be a great scientist like his grandfather. He also happens to want to conquer the world and create the Eggman Empire, with the capital being Eggmanland; a twisted, dark, insane amusement park run by and populated with robots.

Blaze is a Princess from another dimension and guards the Sol Emeralds.

Originally, she lived in Sonic's World 200 years in the future with Silver in the destroyed post-apocalyptic world burned by Iblis, the Flames of Disaster. After an adventure in the past trying to prevent the crisis, Silver and Blaze defeat Iblis, and Blaze seals Iblis inside herself and then proceeds to seal herself in another dimension. Said dimension was then turned into the Sol Dimension once Solaris was defeated by Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver and the Flame of Hope was blown out by Princess Elise III.

Silver is just the Sonic of his timeline, fights Eggman's descendent, and ensures that the future is always a GOOD Future. Nothing really more to be said. 

The Sonic being born on Christmas Island isn't confirmed to be canon to current Sonic and thus the leaving thing isn't existent as well, Tails has nothing to do with Cocoa Island or the Kukku army in the current canon, there's no indication that Amy ever lived by Never Lake, EggmanLand probably isn't his base any more, the Sonic 2006 backstory for Blaze isn't canon so she's just a princess from another dimension and Silver...eh, that one's sound. 

Sonic was born on Christmas Island, but left because of his love for freedom and adventure. His Super Speed is most likely something he was born with and exercised naturally . That's all we know. 

Tails lived originally lived on Cocoa Island, and fought the Battle Kukku Army. Sometime after that, he moved to Westside Island where he was teased and bullied for having two tails. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Amy is a girl who likes mystical things, and loves Sonic. She may or may not have lived in the area around Never Lake.

Eggman is the grandson of Professor Gerald Robotnik, and wants to be a great scientist like his grandfather. He also happens to want to conquer the world and create the Eggman Empire, with the capital being Eggmanland; a twisted, dark, insane amusement park run by and populated with robots.

Blaze is a Princess from another dimension and guards the Sol Emeralds.

Originally, she lived in Sonic's World 200 years in the future with Silver in the destroyed post-apocalyptic world burned by Iblis, the Flames of Disaster. After an adventure in the past trying to prevent the crisis, Silver and Blaze defeat Iblis, and Blaze seals Iblis inside herself and then proceeds to seal herself in another dimension. Said dimension was then turned into the Sol Dimension once Solaris was defeated by Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver and the Flame of Hope was blown out by Princess Elise III.

Silver is just the Sonic of his timeline, fights Eggman's descendent, and ensures that the future is always a GOOD Future. Nothing really more to be said. 

Where has it been confirmed that was the case for Blaze? I personally believe it, but I don't think its been confirmed.

The Sonic being born on Christmas Island isn't confirmed to be canon to current Sonic and thus the leaving thing isn't existent as well, Tails has nothing to do with Cocoa Island or the Kukku army in the current canon, there's no indication that Amy ever lived by Never Lake, EggmanLand probably isn't his base any more, the Sonic 2006 backstory for Blaze isn't canon so she's just a princess from another dimension and Silver...eh, that one's sound. 

Sonic '06 IS confirmed canon. The events of the game wiped themselves out to form the current timeline, but Sonic Generations confirms that the timeline still exists. Its very possible that Blaze's 2006 backstory is canon and in Sonic Generations Blaze even seems to remember it. Its just unconfirmed exactly how it plays into the overall storyline or if it'll ever be mentioned again.

Personally, I think that just because people don't like something doesn't mean it should be considered non-canon. Not everything about Sonic '06 sucked. (Sonic's story did as did the gameplay, plus the storytelling itself sucked but the overall backstory is pretty solid if it ever gets fleshed out.)

Touché but that's all common knowledge. It's the "that's all we know" bits I was referring to tho. Like Sonic's speed for example. Saying he just can, is like Eggman just finding Time Eater in space. It just happened. It just is. It's all we know. They haven't made any inferences that it came from anything in particular, besides having a loose connection to Colours story with Eggman and the two lackey bots finding it after their defeat in space.

Its very possible that Blaze's 2006 backstory is canon and in Sonic Generations Blaze even seems to remember it. Its just unconfirmed exactly how it plays into the overall storyline or if it'll ever be mentioned again.

The way I see it, Blaze's entire presence in that game is such an irreconcileable mess (it's very likely she was thrown in for fanservice with little thought otherwise put into her; see the aforementioned skewd backstory and how she's essentially a Companion Cube until the end) that everyone is simply just better off forgetting about it and sticking to her more commonly-used Rush origin.

Which Sonic Team seems to be doing anyway...

And that line of hers is probably meant to be indicative of nothing, considering Generations's "plot" is largely an excuse to revisit older levels.

Whether it's Christmas Island or not, Sonic leaving his birthplace in search of freedom and adventure can't not be canon. 

While I strongly and firmly believe that Tails' Adventure is canon and nothing Iizuka says will change my mind, Without it we still have Tails living on Westside Island and being teased for having twin tails. I still think of Tails Adventure being how Tails developed the skills he has in Sonic 2, though.

I said "may or may not" on the Never Lake thing.

I never said Eggmanland was his base. I was just saying that Eggman wants to make it the capital of his empire.

There is a reason I spoiler'd the '06 bit. 

And actually, There would be no confusion on the Blaze thing if time travelling/dimension eating Solaris, Soleanna, those Gems of Soleanna, and the whole "Flames of Disaster" idea were never put in the game at all as well as Blaze not being in there. If that was the case, there would be no way to connect it back to Rush and cause confusion.

Where has it been confirmed that was the case for Blaze? I personally believe it, but I don't think its been confirmed.

Sonic '06 IS confirmed canon. The events of the game wiped themselves out to form the current timeline, but Sonic Generations confirms that the timeline still exists. Its very possible that Blaze's 2006 backstory is canon and in Sonic Generations Blaze even seems to remember it. Its just unconfirmed exactly how it plays into the overall storyline or if it'll ever be mentioned again.

Personally, I think that just because people don't like something doesn't mean it should be considered non-canon. Not everything about Sonic '06 sucked. (Sonic's story did as did the gameplay, plus the storytelling itself sucked but the overall backstory is pretty solid if it ever gets fleshed out.)

I know the game happened, but her backstory is non-canon. It's been confirmed that she's simply from an alternate dimension and not the future.

It's a mess, but that's what we have.