Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Didn't see it posted, and subscribers or digital cats might not care, but here's a preview for Sonic Universe #60, due out this week: http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics/sonic-the-hedgehog/232701/first-look-at-sonic-universe-60

Can't wait to pick this up myself.

Thanks bro! inform VEDJ-F of it as well, don't think its up on the main site yet.

Is that Spaz doing the pencils for the Sonic Free Comic Book issue? If so, color me impressed AND excited!

Is that Spaz doing the pencils for the Sonic Free Comic Book issue? If so, color me impressed AND excited!

I don't think so I do know he drew the mega man X section

I don't think so. It looked like Lamar Wells to me. Though it's an easy enough mistake, Wells definitely has a strong Spaz influence in his work, just going off of his deviant art page.

What? No it isn't. On the Free Comic Book Day? Do you have anywhere where they confirm that, because it really really does not look like her art style, while really really looking like Lamar Wells.

I don't know who does the Sonic page... but lately, I haven't been recognizing the artists...

Also, SU #60 is definitely out tomorrow :D And looks like i'm not the only one of my friends who are excited for the issue XD

What? No it isn't. On the Free Comic Book Day? Do you have anywhere where they confirm that, because it really really does not look like her art style, while really really looking like Lamar Wells.

I'm wondering this too. The way Sonic's face in particular is drawn really screams Wells to me.

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7233

It looks like she's definitely involved, according to the solicit, but that page doesn't look like Hernandez's work at all. I'd be impressed if it was her (she's a fine artist in her own right, don't get me wrong), but I doubt it. There might be more than one Sonic story and she's penciling a different one. Or she drew some spot illustrations/pin-ups. Of course, this solicit also credits Ben Bates for cover work, and both covers are by Yardley (Sonic) and Tristan Jones (Mega Man X), so who knows.

I'm going by the credits for SSSM#11. The story is being printed there too, and Jens name is in the credits. There's nothing else it could possibly apply to. (unless the story turns out to be a multi-artist effort of something).

Anyone else STILL yet to have a copy of SU #60? it was listed to come out today, but it's not coming until next week! angry.png

I'm honestly surprised not many have gotten the issue it sounds like. I've had mine for a few days now at this point as mentioned on the previous page. That or people just arent talking about it much.

So I'm pretty sure the comic will be majorly effected by Sonic Boom.

Please God not another Genesis Wave...

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm pretty sure the comic will be majorly effected by Sonic Boom.

Please God not another Genesis Wave...

I agree. Honestly, I would find it odd if the comics weren't affected. After all, the comic books are, at their heart, a vehicle to promote the franchise as a whole. The new continuity may not be virtually identical to what we will see in this new series, but it could have a profound impact on the comics if it proven to be popular. To be fair, that may not be such an issue. It wouldn't be fair for me to tear down Sonic Boom before I see anything aside from concept art. 

However, I can understand why some wouldn't want any more interference after all these unfortunate changes the continuity has had to endure already. I do hope that we see the last of any iteration of the Genesis Wave. I didn't mind it so much the first time Ian used it, but it's going to be ridiculous if he, and any other future writer, were to use it again. 

Sonic Boom is confirmed as an alternate continuity, so I think Archie will be safe. At most, they might do some tie ins.

Actualy, the minimun they would do would be a Sonic universe arc, the Biggest thing that could happen is a third sonic comic that takes place in that continuity, however no way that would happen in any sooner than a year or two

Just a reminder (from Super Special Magazine #11)

wj6n.jpg

Even if it's not something big, something's obviously going on.

It's going to be a separate comic like sonic X there's no point in rebooting the comics if they knew about boom before it was officially announced

• Thumbs Up 3

Who wants to bet that Sonic Boom will get a Sonic Universe arc that will almost certainly become its own comic series if successful leading to a third Sonic comic?

I wanna bet. I am betting. Here is £5.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who wants to bet that Sonic Boom will get a Sonic Universe arc that will almost certainly become its own comic series if successful leading to a third Sonic comic?

I wanna bet. I am betting. Here is £5.

I'm pretty sure somebody called it earlier a few pages back although I'm willing to bet $10 that it'll last longer than the sonic x comic

Depends how much freedom they'll have with it. Sonic X couldn't go anywhere 'cos they where stuck in a particular timeframe of the series where they couldn't really do anything beyond fun one-shots. Will Boom be the same, or will they be allowed to do their own stuff?

Depends how much freedom they'll have with it. Sonic X couldn't go anywhere 'cos they where stuck in a particular timeframe of the series where they couldn't really do anything beyond fun one-shots. Will Boom be the same, or will they be allowed to do their own stuff?

Half and half

It's going to be a separate comic like sonic X there's no point in rebooting the comics if they knew about boom before it was officially announced

Yeah, it would make no sense to go ahead with the reboot only to hit the reset button once again for another Sonic project. I'm sure they're going to make a series based on Sonic Boom if the precedence of Sonic X is any indication. I also think a new comic is probable since Sonic Boom is going to air on Cartoon Network, and a number of their shows have already been adapted into comics by this point. I wouldn't mind if we had three titles available at once. I just hope that Sonic Boom isn't anything like Sonic X. I know many people like Sonic X, but I never cared for it. Anyway, I'd like this new series to have it's own distinct style and not be a retread of the past.