Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It's a pity that the planet didn't get an official name (I dislike it being called Sonic's World).

Why not call it something like Gaia, or even Big Planet (to match the Little Planet)?

I will still call it Earth. Because...well, Sonic's World is stupid. They said multiple times that the planet is called Earth in the past, now I think it's a little too late to pretend it never happened.

...there is always "Freedom" though...

I've read in some Sonic Unleashed developer diaries on the Sega Blogs that Sonic's World is an alternate Earth, so....

Yeah. It's still Earth, but not "Earth" Earth. 

You know, this talk about the Unleashed adaption has got me thinking. Ever since the reboot, the world has no longer been referred to as Mobius. I'm guessing it's implied we are in the planet Unleashed is set in. Now, from what we know according to Sonic Super Digest (if that counts) and future solicits that Professor Pickle is in Sonic's world. With that in mind, do you think we'll be seeing other humans from Unleashed in the comic?

At the very least, I'm sure they'll show up as background characters. It would be cool if a few factored into the plot, even if it's in minor roles, tho'.

I don't get why they won't ust simply call it Earth, but whatever, it too big of a deal.

I think they refuse to call it Earth now simply because people in the past HATED it when Sega called it Earth, so they stopped doing it. Either way its always been known as an Alternate Earth... now they just refuse to call it Earth or give it a proper name at all anymore. Probably due to fans who didn't like Sega calling it Earth.

Fly high above the clouds with Knuckles and the Chaotix in The Great Chaos Caper: Part One!  Knuckles the Echidna has been tasked by a mysterious force to fix the shattered planet – but when the Dark Gaia monsters emerge from the word’s core, our hero finds himself in a fight for his very life! Luckily the ever-adventuring Chaotix are around to lend a hand, hired by Princess Sally to gather the all-important Chaos Emeralds. But wait, who’s that lurking in the dark?

Sonic Universe #63 which features some new characters and familiar faces arrives on April 23, 2014.

So I was re-reading the solicit for SU #63 and I noticed these hints regarding possible character appearances in the arc, now...

- The mysterious force has got to be Chip/Light Gaia like people said, or maybe Tikal (I guess that's kinda her role) but she doesn't really have anything to do with Unleashed, or it could be a new character, since it mentions there are going to be some new entries.

- The "familiar faces" are most likely Fang, Bean and Bark; I would hope them to be some comic characters from the old continuity, but that's hardly possible.

- So, the most interesting one... "who's that lurking in the dark?"... since it says "that" it can't be Team Hooligan, unless they consider Fang alone, it's certainly a villain because he is in the "dark", perhaps another new villain?

So I was re-reading the solicit for SU #63 and I noticed these hints regarding possible character appearances in the arc, now...

- The mysterious force has got to be Chip/Light Gaia like people said, or maybe Tikal (I guess that's kinda her role) but she doesn't really have anything to do with Unleashed, or it could be a new character, since it mentions there are going to be some new entries.

- The "familiar faces" are most likely Fang, Bean and Bark; I would hope them to be some comic characters from the old continuity, but that's hardly possible.

- So, the most interesting one... "who's that lurking in the dark?"... since it says "that" it can't be Team Hooligan, unless they consider Fang alone, it's certainly a villain because he is in the "dark", perhaps another new villain?

lurking in the dark could be a mislead, and be reffering to Mighty and Ray, we have no idea what they are up to in this new timeline, and they ARE showing up this year

lurking in the dark could be a mislead, and be reffering to Mighty and Ray, we have no idea what they are up to in this new timeline, and they ARE showing up this year

It's not going to be them. Ian confirmed that they're no-shows in this arc.

The bit about "lurking in the dark" probably means they're staying hidden. It doesn't necessarily mean they're an antagonist.

The bit about "lurking in the dark" probably means they're staying hidden. It doesn't necessarily mean they're an antagonist.

I know but it says "who's THAT lurking in the dark", so unless it's some engilsh idiom I'm not aware of, it can't be Team Hooligan since it's composed of 3 guys, I'd love if it was Mogul, but he is probably lost forever.

I know but it says "who's THAT lurking in the dark", so unless it's some engilsh idiom I'm not aware of, it can't be Team Hooligan since it's composed of 3 guys, I'd love if it was Mogul, but he is probably lost forever.

Actualy, Mogul is one of those characters that is hazy wheter or not he will return, since he was made by bollers, same goes for Mina Mongoose

Wouldnt nessecarily rule them out(I would love Mammoth Mogul to return myself), but I wouldnt hope too hard either

No, I was talking about the assumption that whoever is lurking in the dark is a villain. It could just be someone who wants to stay hidden for some reason.

You know, this talk about the Unleashed adaption has got me thinking. Ever since the reboot, the world has no longer been referred to as Mobius. I'm guessing it's implied we are in the planet Unleashed is set in. Now, from what we know according to Sonic Super Digest (if that counts) and future solicits that Professor Pickle is in Sonic's world. With that in mind, do you think we'll be seeing other humans from Unleashed in the comic? 

Probably his Assistant Cucumber.

Actualy, Mogul is one of those characters that is hazy wheter or not he will return, since he was made by bollers, same goes for Mina Mongoose

Wouldnt nessecarily rule them out(I would love Mammoth Mogul to return myself), but I wouldnt hope too hard either

Mogul was not created by Bollers, but Scott Fulop (who, I understand, occasionally wrote under the name Kent Taylor); he debuted in the Mecha-Madness special, a good few years before Bollers started on the book. Mina was a Bollers creation though. Just wanted to clear that up. Penders and Bollers did a lot on the book, but they weren't the only ones in the mix.

It is still uncertain if he'll return (got my fingers crossed), but we have no idea what the ownership status of most of these other characters are. Supposedly Mike Gallagher (according to Penders) retained rights to his characters, and it's entirely possible the other writers may have gotten their rights back as well, but we won't know for a while, if at all. I suppose someone could always ask Flynn, though I don't know how much he can comment on the matter.

I enjoy Archie Sonic, even in its current form. I do admit that I am worried some characters from other writers may not return, but I'm happy the SatAM characters are still there, at the very least.

Looks like there is a bit of title altering going on. The Sonic Saga volume that contains Bold New Moebius is going to be called "The Dark Mirror".

I'm still waiting for "A Mammoth Rising," myself.

I suppose you think that "The Dark Mirror" could have been worse too, eh. 

Looks like there is a bit of title altering going on. The Sonic Saga volume that contains Bold New Moebius is going to be called "The Dark Mirror".

Well they couldn't call it "fractured mirror" because the silver arc. It's not a bad name but I wished they chose something better like "bold new world", "the dark world" idk

Well they couldn't call it "fractured mirror" because the silver arc. It's not a bad name but I wished they chose something better like "bold new world", "the dark world" idk

Hell, they could've just called it "Hedgehog Havoc"... but those issues probably won't be collected in that volume. There's always the generic "King Scourge" or "The Evil King" or something. "The Dark Mirror" seems fine though; they're from a mirror world and are all dark counterparts (except now they have actual personalities and motivations). On that note, "Enerjak: Reborn" could've been renamed "Resurrection" or "Evil Resurrection" instead of the odd band-aid they applied to it, but oh well.

I kind of like it. It almost makes it sound like it could be an alternate origin for the Moebius crew.

Ok serious question when did they say that mephils is the time eater?