Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If that's true why did they cancel the sonic X comic in favor of sonic universe? They didn't want 3 sonic comics competing at each other my best guess is that sonic boom will have atleast 1 arc a year in sonic universe or something

The "Sonic X" brand was practically out the door by the time Archie ended it. With "Sonic Boom," Archie would actually be getting to work on that property early on; there's no reason to sacrifice pages from the main series for a new cartoon when that new cartoon can get its own book and provide more sales (rather than risk the sales of another book entirely).

Wait when did the sonic X comic start anyways? I heard that it was originally going to be a 4 issue mini series but it got so popular they continued it

I just did a quick check on the Archie Sonic wiki, and it said that the Sonic X comic launched in September 2005, which would be around the time the Metarex season started airing over here. Apparently it was planned as a mini-series but became a series before the first issue even hit the stands.

Sharpy, Hunter, Jaws?  I know lame names, but thinking seriously I can guess he might be named after a specific type of shark.

Lockjaw? Hammerhead? Sharkish names probably. And if I remember right, the Archie team wanted to retire the Sonic X comic on a high note, which is why it ended and Sonic Universe started.

I just did a quick check on the Archie Sonic wiki, and it said that the Sonic X comic launched in September 2005, which would be around the time the Metarex season started airing over here. Apparently it was planned as a mini-series but became a series before the first issue even hit the stands.

I think the main reason it didn't start 'til that late in the shows life is mainly because they couldn't decide how they where going to approach it, like whether it was gonna be an in-universe adaption or not.

Sonic X was locked in pretty much not being allowed to introduce new characters, nor advance from the period it was set on. Basically what people like to exaggerate SEGA's control in the comic is, Sonic X actually was. So Archie decided to switch it for a new format. Not anything to do with having 3 books at the same time.

Not to mention, Ian still had another El Gran Gordo arc planned before the cancellation of X.

How does a barbecue work underwater?

Ask spongebob. Seriously it's a comic there is no logic

Given that the shark has blobfeet, maybe he's evolved to an amphibian shark, occasionally walking on land to yknow, have barbecues and terrify Australian surfer dudes?

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, Archie really are keeping the court case hush. Ian's not allowed to comment on the specifics of the cut content ever.

Ya know what's sad?

Archie are forbidden from ever using Penders stuff again, regardless of any future development. So if Penders project fails (which I honestly think it will), these characters will literally be gone forever in every medium.

Ya know what's sad?

Archie are forbidden from ever using Penders stuff again, regardless of any future development. So if Penders project fails (which I honestly think it will), these characters will literally be gone forever in every medium.

That sucks, but I know how it feels for the Archie Team

XbVwC7h.jpg

Shadow Fall part 2 comes out on the 22nd of this month. I can't wait.

Not to rain on the parade or anything, but I double-checked Diamond and it appears SU#60 ("Shadow Fall" part 2) isn't scheduled for this week (despite Archie saying it was). Hopefully it'll drop next week, but unfortunately, we're looking at another delay. Bummer.

Ya know what's sad?

That is pretty sad. I don't know if I'd say "forbidden," since Penders went on record that Archie could use the characters still, but Archie has made it a point to distance the book from anything he created at this point,so they're effectively gone. Almost makes me hope LSC turns out decent and was worth all the noise Penders made... but I'm not confident about that.

You don't think Archie will jump on Ian about him and his pet project to write up what the plans for the original future issues do you?

Or because its a home project with no involvement from them that it will slide through alright? Last I saw he hadn't run it by them, which could be a bit dangerous don't you think?