Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

"Green recolour Sonic" is Ian's concept, though; Penders' concept of evil Sonic was normal Sonic with jacket, boots and sunglasses. A bit of a muddle there. 

'sigh' Awesome cover, but do I need to point out who I'm not too chuffed with being on it? I'll give you a clue, he's only been in 5 issues yet he has a huge fanbase built on nothing -_- 

Thrash has a fanbase?

Read the fan mail in the back. It's always filled with Thrash fans. Also Bumbleking seems to never say anything negative about the guy, Now I may be looking in the wrong topics though.

I just don't care about him that much. Besides, since he's currently extremely relevant, it'd make sense to emphasise his role a bit. 

I like his design, it's the most original and actually SEGA-like design to come out of the comic in years.

I don't like how he's being forced into such an important role instantly though. Though I bet Ian also isn't happy about having to rush his development for the sake of plot devices.

• Thumbs Up 3

'sigh' Awesome cover, but do I need to point out who I'm not too chuffed with being on it? I'll give you a clue, he's only been in 5 issues yet he has a huge fanbase built on nothing sleep.png

I don't think that's a completely fair statement.

- He has a very cool, unique, SEGA-like design.

- He has an intriguing power - Sonic-Shrieking (or whatever it's officially called).

- His relationship with Knuckles and the fact that he's able to go blow-for-blow with him make him interesting.

I'd say those points form a pretty solid foundation for a fanbase to be built upon.

Not to say that he doesn't need more fleshing out and developing, because he certainly does. But, as you said, he's only been in five issues so far.

In any case, I definitely want to see more of him. He rekindles those same feelings that I felt back in the day, when I first played Sonic 3 and encountered Knuckles for the very first time. That "Oh, crap! Who's this asshole, and how did he get the drop on me?! He pisses me off, but at the same time, I think he's kinda cool." feeling.

Edited by Chaos Controller

Caught up and I'm not sure what exactly happened. Was Julie-Sue in Echidnaville as well or something with Finn-something too because I'm pretty sure that Knuckles is not the last of his race?

I dunno, whenever I look at a Thrash, I see a purple Bark the Polar Bear,

I get a similar feeling. I'd probably like Thrash more if I didn't know about the reason why this current arc is taking place.

Caught up and I'm not sure what exactly happened. Was Julie-Sue in Echidnaville as well or something with Finn-something too because I'm pretty sure that Knuckles is not the last of his race?

The ones definitely not caught were Dimitri and Dr. Finitevus. One of them is ancient and the other isn't someone Knuckles would like to associate with his species. 

Wait, why isn't Dimitri going to be axed along with the others? He's a product of Penders, not to mention he is in Echidnaopolis isn't he?

Wait, why isn't Dimitri going to be axed along with the others? He's a product of Penders, not to mention he is in Echidnaopolis isn't he?

He's in Haven. Not sure if Thrash went there.

Also more Bunnie!

file.php?id=834&t=1

So Julie-Sue got axed as well?

They just need to hurry up and get this whole ordeal over with. Hell, Penders can get his shitty characters and plot elements. I just want some fucking progress already.

Well, I've caught up...the Endangered Species arc is getting tense. Still in the unknown as to what may happen, but I figure it's already been done. Nothing left to do but talk trash about Penders.

So Julie-Sue got axed as well?

They just need to hurry up and get this whole ordeal over with. Hell, Penders can get his shitty characters and plot elements. I just want some fucking progress already.

I still want to keep Lien-Da...:(

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, as long as we can still keep Finitevus, I couldn't care less about the rest of those other non-Knuckles monotremes.

Really hope Dimitri sticks around - dude is the original Enerjak, granddaddy of the Dark Legion, has an awesome design - he's a repentant villain type which I love. It's like a good Magneto, but you're just waiting for him to go bad.

That'd be irony if the only surviving Echidnas were these two though. He's an old enemy and anyways he's just a cyborg head. Technically they're family though, he's just a bastard uncle who tries to kill you every now and then, lol.

- dude is the original Enerjak,

Well... Technically, he's not the original. There were one or two Enerjak's ahead of him.

The original was the husband of Aurora...

Don't ask me which comic noted that because I think it came from the encyclopedia.

Well he's the first one you actually see, and supposedly the original before they added that history. Ehhh, I wish Ian didn't spill so much interesting side information in the Encyclopedia. I was hoping we would find out in a future Enerjak story. The husband of Aurora... I was gonna guess that he had something to do with the Forgotten Wars.

Well he's the first one you actually see, and supposedly the original before they added that history. Ehhh, I wish Ian didn't spill so much interesting side information in the Encyclopedia. I was hoping we would find out in a future Enerjak story. The husband of Aurora... I was gonna guess that he had something to do with the Forgotten Wars.

I'm glad he did, because we're never going to see any that in the comic itself now.