Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Considering that Rob O'Hedgie's son looks like his mother and Lara-su looked like her father, no...

Robs son is a hybrid. They are rare but that happens too.

Generally speaking, species is dictated by the sex of the parents. Sons are the father species and daughters are the mothers.

But wasn't there the thing where it seemed to be the males took after their dad and the females took after the mother anyway? So the daughters would be the other species anyway, right?

Yeah, but thrash has the additional problem of where most of his kids will be devil dogs. So in order to birth a Tazzy Devil, he has to have a son that beats out the odds of being a devil dog.

His genes are all messed up thanks to all that genetic testing in his linage. Its not as simple as "go make babies" in his case.

Pardon my intrusion, but I have never read the comics, where would be a good place to start?

Depends on how invested you want to get in the series.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I guess that's true, I gotta say I did wonder why he didn't bother trying to find a solution to the corruption in his genes though, then again...you know...PLOT HOLES.

I also gotta wonder why Amy can't handle spinning when she's a hedgehog too, but oh well...that's the writing...hmm.

I guess I see too many problems with this latest series too. The art is clunky, the plot holes are odd and the reasonings a bit a bit weird. The only way I can sort of understand whatever that Hydra thing is is through the wikia, but otherwise I don't see the purpose in it either. I guess anything to replace the echidna, huh.

I guess that's true, I gotta say I did wonder why he didn't bother trying to find a solution to the corruption in his genes though, then again...you know...PLOT HOLES.

Plot Hole?

Who's got that kind of tech that would readily be willing to help Thrash? The Albion tribes were some of the the most advanced dudes in the planets history. It would take some serious science to undo what they did over GENERATIONS of Tazzy's. 

The only current cast members who could tackle a task like that would be Eggman and Doc. F. Neither of them would be particularly motivated to help. I think the "find a solution" door isn't a very viable option at the moment.

The one that sucked away all the echidna. That plot hole. We all know it's because of certain problems, but they were so quickly taken away it just seemed weird. Why would they all trust a Devil with two Devil Dogs beside him?

I dunno though, Finny might seem quite willing to seeing how he managed to get rid of all those nuisances of his species, even if it was stolen technology from him.

Also, a little off topic (but not off topic to the topic itself), I think I found someone who can relate to me when it comes to the echidna as a whole:

tumblr_mhx8uocnKY1rsc7fao1_500.jpg

LOL! Everyone is an altered Knuckles. ...except Knuckles himself, he's just a Red Sonic! XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, #246 is enough of a crowded issue without needing the Chaotix in there as well. I suppose now the issue will focus more on their reactions to the disappearances as opposed to Thrash and Knuckles since that thing's been going on for so long, and then there's the Team Fighters plot going to the Arctic as well!

Edit: Well, this assumes that they turn up near the start of the issue as opposed to the end. If they do show up at the end instead, I suppose they'll just be there to go "OMG Knux what happened?!"

Edited by VEDJ-F

Man, #246 is enough of a crowded issue without needing the Chaotix in there as well. I suppose now the issue will focus more on their reactions to the disappearances as opposed to Thrash and Knuckles since that thing's been going on for so long, and then there's the Team Fighters plot going to the Arctic as well!

Edit: Well, this assumes that they turn up near the start of the issue as opposed to the end. If they do show up at the end instead, I suppose they'll just be there to go "OMG Knux what happened?!"

So, the fate of the Echindas? Gone for good or on a LOONG Haitus?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

...Uh, #246 isn't out yet. This is an SU#49 spoiler, since that issue says that they'll return to the main comic in #246.

Buuuuut, while we're on the subject, Ray gives a speech to Matilda and she realises that Mighty really does care about her, Matilda loses an arm in an explosion blast trying to protect her brother (although she at first looks pretty dead), Mighty goes berserk and beats the ever-loving crap out of the SB forces, Matilda decides to stay with Beau and co (THANK GOD), and Bunnie is shown to enter the tent after the Chaotix go back to Angel Island, still in shadow.

The one that sucked away all the echidna. That plot hole. We all know it's because of certain problems, but they were so quickly taken away it just seemed weird. Why would they all trust a Devil with two Devil Dogs beside him?

I dunno though, Finny might seem quite willing to seeing how he managed to get rid of all those nuisances of his species, even if it was stolen technology from him.

Also, a little off topic (but not off topic to the topic itself), I think I found someone who can relate to me when it comes to the echidna as a whole:

I just saw that picture on Tumblr, laughed my ass off. I love Science Knuckles! XD

Anyways; I was wondering if Doctor Finny was one of the characters conveniently vanished away? I thought he was plotting something really big in the background...

Finny isn't going anywhere, it seems. He wasn't created by Jackass Penders and is a character inspiration from StC's resident albino echidna.

He was shown to avoid Thrash in #244 itself; Thrash came across his lab, but Finitevus was out. That's how he got the instructions on Warp Ring supercharging.

Am I the only who won't miss the red bastards?

As I read the series from the beginning, I realized that the further a character is physically away from Sonic's main setting (-obotropolis), the less I like them, UNLESS they are part of game canon.

I don't care about Freedom Fighters from Dowunda, or the ones from Blah Blah. I hated the plugs, and they still happen - though nearly not as bad; it's so shameless how after reading some boring story about brand new characters, the editor would throw in a little box saying basically "Please, for the love of God, send us a mail to tell us to write more about these boring characters!"

This arc is boring me, just like the mini-arc with the Cat People... From the top of my head, my most recent favorite issue was Geoffrey's trial. Yeah, it's been that long since I have enjoyed it. Looking forward to #250 though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only who won't miss the red bastards?

No, you are not.

• Thumbs Up 4

No, you are not.

Thirded. Though I can understand the dissapointment with Endangered Species since it was not at all how Ian hoped to be. The only thing that really gets me happy about this whole thing is that we're a few steps closer to....you know what, I don't think I even need to say it again since it's bad enough when I have a signature dedicated to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anyone here has admitted that they're going to miss any of them, the echidnas arent exactly super popular.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anyone here has admitted that they're going to miss any of them, the echidnas arent exactly super popular.

Well, I think Lien-Da is going to be missed, since she was kind of the most interesting out of the bunch. 

Well, I think Lien-Da is going to be missed, since she was kind of the most interesting out of the bunch. 

Well there's her, and I recall being like the only person who's gong to miss Julie-Su XD

Personally, I'm hoping that this arc leaves the comic open to Shade, Lord Ix, and the Nocturnus Clan to replace all of the Penders Echidnas. I like the notion of there being other Echidnas in the comics, because their presence is a key element that sets the comics apart from the games. But, I've always hated their designs. Dark Brotherhood really showed just how lame Ken Penders is, by taking the lore that he himself created, and making it infinitely better.

(Also, I apologize if this was already stated and I sound like a redundant moron. This is my first post and I was too lazy to go back and look at the entire thread).

Edited by Chaos Controller

Well there's her, and I recall being like the only person who's gong to miss Julie-Su XD

Well it's not her fault she's boring.

Yeah, I think the only echinda I'm going to miss is Lien-Da...she had dat baroness thing goin on. Everyone else...meh.

Well it's not her fault she's boring.

Well obviously I viewed her differently from everyone else then, :s

Well obviously I viewed her differently from everyone else then, :s

I honestly never saw anything past the "soul touch" thing so excuse me for not knowing much.

Personally, I'm hoping that this arc leaves the comic open to Shade, Lord Ix, and Nocturnus Clan to replace all of the Penders Echidnas. I like the notion of there being other Echidnas in the comics, because their presence is a key element that sets the comics apart from the games. But, I've always hated their designs. Dark Brotherhood really showed just how lame Ken Penders, by taking the lore

that he himself created and making it infinitely better.

(Also, I apologize if this was already stated and I sound like a redundant moron. This is my first post and I was too lazy to go back and look at the entire thread).

He's suing EA and SEGA for that too, so I dunno.

He's suing SEGA?! Wow, there's a bold move... surely they can turn around and say "uh, yeah... cast of red echidnas?"

He's suing EA and SEGA for that too, so I dunno.

He's suing SEGA for making characters that were vaguely similar to the one's that he made for a comic licensed after their own intellectual property...?

Wow. Penders may be many things. But, let it never be said that he lacks balls.

• Thumbs Up 6

Putting that aside, I can't grab that concept that Ken OWNS those characters. If anyone should own this, it's Archie itself. Period.

It's like if Naoto Oshima sued SEGA of America for "bastardizing" Sonic in HIS eyes.

Edit: And for those who don't know, afterwards he realized SoA made the RIGHT move.

Edited by Phantom R / Tenchibr