Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Going completely off-topic here- does anyone know of any sites where I could download every Archie Sonic comic issue? I have spent the last hour searching endlessly with little success. I know Tails Kicks Ass.net used to have them, but I can no longer make a new account sadly. Would appreciate any help given smile.png

Edit: Scratch that, I've gotten TKA to work now : )

Even if you didn't get it to work, we are allowed to talk about where to pirate the comics, its against the rules.

So since Endangered Species bored me to tears and was ultimately an anti-climax, let's talk about the Chaotix Arc shall we?

Man...this arc has managed to actually make me feel the characters, something which rarely happens when I read.

I like the fact that Scourge appears so obviously on that cover because that's likely an indication that he hasn't been removed with the other Penders characters even though Penders said they shouldn't be able to use him.

Scourge is basically Archie! Sonic from another continuity  within the Sonic comics (in other words, he is Moebius! Sonic), the chance of him claiming anything else is pretty freaking small, but there isn't a chance in hell Ken could claim him.

Edited by Mysterics

Endangered Species was a bust anyway to look at. The fact that a resolution for it is still unknown for the time being makes this arc all the more inconsequential and you may as well skip over it and be none the wiser. Such a shame that background legalese had to tear this arc apart.

Now the Chaotix arc on the other hand, I enjoyed. Even with facing with the same problem and trying to skirt around it, it was able to still work because the Penders characters that were in it did not play a huge role to the plot. I liked that we were able to see the Chaotix back in action after so long, and it was great to finally see them together with Mighty and Ray too. Speaking of Mighty, he definitely felt like the star of this arc, what with just seeing how easy it was for him to trash enemy tech, his confrontation with the Baron and Matilda, his (and Ray's too!) new redesign, and his reunion with his sister, along with Ray's speech to finally get her to see reason was all the more heartwarming. And while he did get plenty of focus, I felt like the disconnect with Mercia and Sandblast City could have hold something a little more. While we were told about Mighty and Ray's journey, we didn't really get to see it; nor was the tiny few snippets from the Mercian Freedom Fighters and just taking their word for it felt a bit hallow. You would think they would have left a better impact over there. Or the Chaotix trying to recount things from his old neighbors, or tried focusing more on where Mighty's home used to be, or something. While the break-in to the castle does have that same effect, I feel it could have had a bigger impact and focus.

While I still enjoyed it, I felt like the first and second half could have used a bit more cohesion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a pet theory about where King Rob O'the Hedge is;

He's dead and Thrash killed him. We know that Thrash was planning genocide on the Echidnas. We know that Snottingham is very near Albion, so maybe on the way he came across Little Jon and Mari-An and tossed them both into the Twilight Cage. Rob would obviously not be happy with his wife and son being treated like that and would enter combat with the Devil.

Either Thrash got the upperhand in the fight and killed him, or tossed him into the Cage with his family.

Wait...

Does this mean Thrash is a bounty hunter hired by a Mr. "Pen Kenders" to dispose of these characters?

• Thumbs Up 7

Wait...

Does this mean Thrash is a bounty hunter hired by a Mr. "Pen Kenders" to dispose of these characters?

Oh my... You, you... Well I never.

Wait...

Seeing as absolutely everything Penders ever wrote centered on how amazing the Echidnas are...

Yes.

Yeah. NEVER Lake. Where the LITTLE PLANET appears over. 

Besides what Vedj said, their being spotted at Never Lake does not necessarily mean that they're on the Little Planet, especially with its infrequent appearances over said lake.

Edited by Komodin

Considering their trail disappeared at Never Lake, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that they ended up on Little Planet. Of course, there's no proof behind it.

Man, what a fun story that would be.

I don't know if I should or could make a seperate topic about this but I've been thinking about the most inconsequential thing ever since yesterday.

What kind of music does Mina sing?  I mean I assume its sort of rock-ish but since we can't actually hear anything I want to know if you hear her in your head sounding like any particular pop singer or something like that.  I have an idea...but they come from anime so the singing isn't even in English so I guess it can't count.

I actually wonder that myself. Whenever I see her "sing" in the comics, I always have a specific tune that goes through my head whenever she sings (sometimes I sing it out loud to try to morph it into an actual vocal song), but I guess other people hear something different when they read her lyrics and what not.

At any rate, I imagine the genre would be soft rock or something.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Since I don't like most pop singers...It's really hard for me to picture her sounding like a Brittney Spears or that Avril chick or whoever else.

But I've always thought of Mina as being Archie's Lynn Minmay.  Nobody will know who that is unless they like Macross/Robotech.  Though she could also be like another Macross character, Sheryl Nome. Either way the one thing I felt these characters had in common is that their music is uplifting to the masses during stressful times. Wars to be specific. Also influential to a degree.   Mina's song probably did give the wrong impression about Nicole and the citizens absorbed that impression she gave.  Now she wants to fix it and wants Nicole's help which is awesome because if you ever watch a concert scene in Macross Frontier you'll see the stage and costume designs are insanely dependent on computers to deliver flashy and cool special effects.  Basically a lot of shizz Nicole could do. 

Lol if only somebody could animate Mina singing.

Edited by Dejablue

I imagine her as a kind of fuzzy Taylor Swift. 

(Ha, swift, cause she's fast)

Edited by The Conductor

Back when we we first introduced to Mina's singing, it was all about the quality and beauty of her voice. Back then, when she was singing alongside Sonic's guitar for example, it was hard for me to imagine anything other than an aria or a ballad. Something slower and vocal heavy.

Since she picked up a band, that persona had shifted quite a bit. Now we see her yelling and bringing down the house in a raucous concert environment. That lends itself to pop or rock, which is a pretty big departure from where she was. I lean towards rock now.

Well I'm sure a lot of you or some of you have heard by now the solution to restoring Sally to flesh and blood.

And that solution involves a plant that was introduced in the very first issue of the sonic the hedgehog comic book, when it started becoming a regular series.

The krudzu plant as it's been called, has a long history.  As I mentioned above, it debuted in the very first issue of the comic book when it became a regular series.  Throughout the years and most recently it has made a return and comeback.  It is known for taking control of technological machines  and in recent cases, robots.

Now you may ask, how does this come into play as a solution for Sally being restored.

Well that my fellow fans, is the million-dollar question, that only Ian Flynn can answer.

So far, the reaction by the fans has been very mixed.  Those that are behind Ian are okay with this, because as some have said or have stated, it's something none of us saw coming.  However there are those that support Ian, but when they hear of this as the solution to Sally being restored, they have the questionable look of. "What the fudge! This is your solution!  This is how you're going to get Sally back to normal!  Ian what the heck have you been smoking?!"  Well maybe that's not the reaction they have, but I feel it's close to it.  

And then you have those that have been against Ian, pretty much saying the old saying of "we told you so".  And quite honestly in their defense maybe they did.

But now the question is why?  Why has Ian Flynn chosen this path to go down for restoring Sally to flesh and blood.   Well a variety of fans for and against Ian, have the own interpretation of why Ian Flynn has decided to choose this path.

Some say that fans pretty much figured out what he had originally had planned to restore her. So he decided to try to save the twist and surprise,  and he went with this.   Others have pointed out that this is the third option that Ian has decided to go with, seeing on how they to probably figured out how he was going to go with restoring her in the first place.

And then there are those who are against Ian and in their heart and mind knew he was going to go with something like this, and have admitted that they would've chosen and accepted the Wizard did it option or the power ring option.  Because when they look at this decision, they feel and believe that it's nothing more than what they felt and knew it could be, and that is a copout. Or a DEM for short.  

Now I'm pretty sure as I have said elsewhere, that there will be those that will defend Ian and his decision, by saying something along the lines of the fact that those that kept guessing, pushed him to make this decision.  And that if they didn't keep guessing, and just let the story go/play out, maybe the possible solution for Sally being restored would have been different.

But now I asked the question that I will/have asked Ian and Paul on the twitter accounts, if this is the direction they want to go.   Is this what they want to do.  Because honestly I'm pretty sure by now, both have seen the mixed reactions to this decision to use this plant or at least a sprig of this plant to try to create an antidote/agent to try and restore Sally.

But now I ask you my fellow fans, for those of you that have been a fan of this comic book and this franchise for 20 years and 22 years, do you feel this is the right path to go for Ian when it comes to restoring Sally or do you feel it's a copout or for short a DEM?  And I asked the same question to those that have been fans for a shorter amount of time, those of you that have been fans for over a decade if not less, I ask you that very same question I just asked my fellow long-time fans.

Overall, we have to look at it this way, this may be the solution or to paraphrase Ian Flynn in some manner, is it or is there more to it?  

That's all I'm good to say, thank you all for reading and God bless!

It would help if you actually said what the solution is rather than aimlessly ramble...

I don't know if I should or could make a seperate topic about this but I've been thinking about the most inconsequential thing ever since yesterday.

What kind of music does Mina sing?  I mean I assume its sort of rock-ish but since we can't actually hear anything I want to know if you hear her in your head sounding like any particular pop singer or something like that.  I have an idea...but they come from anime so the singing isn't even in English so I guess it can't count.

I seem to recall Ian comparing her to Evanescence.

Also, Mina would be Chieko Honda and sing Silent Voice, not Macross shenanigans

EDT: Also, Rob'O is stated to be related to Little Planet- Guardian of it, IIRC- in the Encyclopedia. Isn't hard to join 2 and 2- He's last seen at Never Lake, he's the Guardian of Miracle Planet, Bow Sparrow goes all "Oh, so he's in... ah that's good", and Miracle Planet is on Never Lake.

They can still go in another direction if needed, but it's pretty obvious it's all set up for us to infer he's gone into hiding there.

Edited by Captain Harlock

It would help if you actually said what the solution is rather than aimlessly ramble...

You still read his posts?... 
  • Thumbs Up 9

I'm very disappointed hearing that the Endangered Species arc is ending this way. I have only recently started reading the comics, slowly making my way through back issues (which is difficult because of the story and sometimes hideous art) whilst keeping up with the latest ones at the same time. Deep down I preferred Knuckles to be on his own like in the game canon, but I did like some of the echidnas such as Lien Da. I never liked Julie-Su much, so I'm glad Knux doesn't have a female Knuckles recolour clinging to him anymore. =P Even so, it's pretty stupid we never get a proper conclusion to all of this, we don't know where exactly the echidnas are and bloody hell, Knuckles is probably going to be in depression for several issues. He's already had a shitty life ever since he was born, but this is the last straw!

But wait! Finitevus is still around, so maybe in a future issue him and Knuckles might meet up and recognise that they are the last of their kind. That could be interesting, since as far as I know Knuckles hates his guts.