Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm very disappointed hearing that the Endangered Species arc is ending this way. I have only recently started reading the comics, slowly making my way through back issues (which is difficult because of the story and sometimes hideous art) whilst keeping up with the latest ones at the same time. Deep down I preferred Knuckles to be on his own like in the game canon, but I did like some of the echidnas such as Lien Da. I never liked Julie-Su much, so I'm glad Knux doesn't have a female Knuckles recolour clinging to him anymore. =P Even so, it's pretty stupid we never get a proper conclusion to all of this, we don't know where exactly the echidnas are and bloody hell, Knuckles is probably going to be in depression for several issues. He's already had a shitty life ever since he was born, but this is the last straw!

But wait! Finitevus is still around, so maybe in a future issue him and Knuckles might meet up and recognise that they are the last of their kind. That could be interesting, since as far as I know Knuckles hates his guts.

who's to say we've seen the last of them?

who's to say we've seen the last of them?

Well until this entire ordeal is resolved, we ain't gonna be seeing any of them till further notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seem to recall Ian comparing her to Evanescence.

Also, Mina would be Chieko Honda and sing Silent Voice, not Macross shenanigans

I just listened to the Song.  I honestly can't tell any differences if you happen to.  Sounds like a kind of song I'd hear in Macross at some point.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I need a little bit of help really, i haven't read the comics since the one in which Sally got roboticized, could somebody give me a brief summary of what has happened since then? Y'know just the main things really. :)

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I need a little bit of help really, i haven't read the comics since the one in which Sally got roboticized, could somebody give me a brief summary of what has happened since then? Y'know just the main things really. smile.png

-Bunnie got completely deroboticised by accident when her metal limbs were crystallised and Naugus reverse the spell. 

-Geoffrey got sent to trial. He was found guilty but pardoned by Naugus.

-I think Snively ran away somewhere around here. He freed Regina, but Eggman captured him and sent Regina to work in place of Hugo Brass.

-Metal Sally attacked the transport moving the rest of the Acorn family, Antoine was knocked into a coma defending Elias' transport. 

-Silver came along and accused Antoine of being the traitor. This made Sonic pretty pissed.

-In the same issue, the FFs are redistributed into team Fighters (Sonic, Tails and Amy) and team Freedom (Rotor, Cream, Big, Heavy and Bomb).

-Bunnie kinda runs away. We've seen her since in shadow though. 

-Team Fighters did some shit stopping Mecha Sally at various points. 

-While on the Soumerca one, the Secret Freedom Fighters are formed with Silver, Elias, Leeta, Lyco, Shard (aka the original Metal Sonic now good) and Larry Lynx.

-Team Freedom did some vague shit with Cream finding the Tails Doll but they've been mostly useless thus far.

-The SFFs manage to find Geoffrey and kinda talk him into betraying Naugus. 

-Naugus posses Geoffrey.

-NICOLE is pardoned and her exile is lifted.

-Team Fighters go to Albion, Knuckles is there. Metal Knuckles attacks.

-The Chaotix do some stuff but it's mostly about Mighty and Ray finding Matilda. Also Rob and Mari-An didn't show up.

-Banished Echidnas everywhere. Well, everywhere but the comic. 

I think that's the skeleton of it covered. 

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's great, really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. What's the verdict? Has the quality been good or has it been a let down after all the excitement leading up to Sally's accident. 

General consensus is that while there have been some good/interesting moments, the main comic's been getting pretty tedious as of late. That combined with the unforseen changes to the Endangered Species story has left kind of a bitter taste in some people's mouths. Thankfully, though, the upcoming crossover should infuse a bit of excitement back into it. Universe has been pretty awesome, though.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

To be honest...I haven't been impressed.

-Metal...Mecha...whatever...Sally has been so sorely underutilised as a threat, and up until now she's been absent for about six months or so! She's done some stuff (like the bit with Antoine going in a coma), but overall, ech.

-As I said, team Freedom has been fucking useless.

-NICOLE's pardon was just far too sudden considering what's been happening. 

-Silver's accusations have just been far too numerous now and it seems stupid to me. 

-Personally, I haven't liked the Secret Freedom Fighter stuff that much. Two of them basically are of no value (Leeta and Lyco), and I'm pretty sure Ian eve admitted that Silver was only with them to sell the story with a SEGA character. Don't quote me on it, though. 

-Ken Penders...oh dear, this story has really been hit hard by him, we're still in discussion over it now.

-Also there's been some more minor SEGA mandates, the most "prominent" of which being that SEGA characters can't refer to family members as family within the pages.

That aside, Sonic Universe has generally been of a solid quality. The stuff with Bunnie and Antoine so far has been pretty good too. And Geoffrey's been a decent character to follow as an antagonist (too bad he got possessed...). 

You might want to hold your horses. The just released issue is #246, but that comes right at the end of the arc and makes little sense without the context of the previous 3 issues. #247 starts another story, At All Costs, but the second part won't come until #252 due to the Sonic/Megaman crossover running from #248-251.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah right, i'll hold fire then. Hopefully the crossover will be a success and it will give Penders and SEGA time to get their stuff sorted.

The stuff is already sorted, current rumor is that there doing all these drastic changes as sort of a "just in case" thing. as in were not really sure if they are cut for good or just cut until things cool down.

The stuff is already sorted, current rumor is that there doing all these drastic changes as sort of a "just in case" thing. as in were not really sure if they are cut for good or just cut until things cool down.

I agree. But I feel they will be back!

Oh sorry, it appears I made an error; Shard isn't the original Metal Sonic, he's a Mecha Sonic. 

Shard is a Metal Sonic though, he's based on Eggman Nega's 3.0 Metal Sonic from Sonic Rivals 2.

Shard is a Metal Sonic though, he's based on Eggman Nega's 3.0 Metal Sonic from Sonic Rivals 2.

Not anymore...

As it turns out , throughout #246 Sonic and Tails refer to him as Mecha Sonic. And guess who wanted it that way.

Edited by VEDJ-F

How much does Sonic The Hedgehog issue numbee one usually go for? There is one on Ebay at the moment for £40 but i wasn't sure whether it was worth it or not.

How much does Sonic The Hedgehog issue numbee one usually go for? There is one on Ebay at the moment for £40 but i wasn't sure whether it was worth it or not.

You can get the Archives on Amazon, it's not the same but far, far cheaper.

Not anymore...

As it turns out , throughout #246 Sonic and Tails refer to him as Mecha Sonic. And guess who wanted it that way.

What a twat he is, seriously.

Uhhhh Elseb, you sure you want to buy it? It's all Penders stuff that's early on and it's not like it's a Superman no 1 comic or anything.

So wait...

The Metal Sonic made by Robotnik Prime apparantly now has to be referred to as Mecha Sonic (according to VEDJ-F)...

... so what do we call Sonic when he's roboticized?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I'm not to bothered really as i do have the archives book, i just wondered whether i was getting a bargain. Doesn't look like it though. :P

So wait...

The Metal Sonic made by Robotnik Prime apparantly now has to be referred to as Mecha Sonic (according to VEDJ-F)...

... so what do we call Sonic when he's roboticized?

Assuming that Sega will ever allow Sonic to be roboticized again, either Robo-Sonic or heck, Robonic the Hedgebot could work as a name for his transfigured state.