Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I may grow to like Shard (does he really count as an  Archie character? I know he's technically a Metal Sonic, but he seems like an original Archie character) but I never picked the SFF arc to really see him in action.

But I do plan on getting SU #50 to finally see him for myself.

Isn't it very possible that Silver's story also had to be changed last minute to accommodate Penders-related changes?

Isn't it very possible that Silver's story also had to be changed last minute to accommodate Penders-related changes?

Unless Silver's whole arc has something to with the whole Echidna Drama, I don't think so.

Even with that said, I'm curious as to what'll happen to the guy once this and the crossover blows over. Can he still go back to the future or will he be sticking around in Sonic's time until they find some other way to utilize him in a future plot?

Remember what you told me about Ian giving great buildup but disappointing and flaccid payoffs.....uh....yeah.

It's cool, I don't hold it against you. I've seen so much criticism for Flynn that I actually had to rethink my opinion of him.

Coincidently this is the second time this happened with Silver.

Uh, guys...

Where are you getting that there is no traitor after all? Sonic is just saying his opinion but does he know if there is one or not? Even in #235 Sonic tells Silver the same thing and I didn't see any outcry about there not being a traitor after all. You guys are literally jumping to conclusions.

The really travesty is the art because it looks atrocious. Also the fact that the Free Comic Book day issue looks like it's just going to be more reprints again this year. sad.png

Uh, guys...

Where are you getting that there is no traitor after all? Sonic is just saying his opinion but does he know if there is one or not? Even in #235 Sonic tells Silver the same thing and I didn't see any outcry about there not being a traitor after all. You guys are literally jumping to conclusions.

The really travesty is the art because it looks atrocious. Also the fact that the Free Comic Book day issue looks like it's just going to be more reprints again this year. sad.png

Except it's been said outright that #247 was going to conclude the traitor plot-point. And even if it wasn't, this whole sub-plot was just going to drag even further to the point where nobody would care anymore.

Perhaps the twist that they're going for is that there is no traitor among the

original Freedom Fighters and who Silver is actually looking for is a later addition to the team.

Okay, here's the thing; when Sonic's saying that there is no traitor, he means that the person Silver was looking for

was Sally, but she didn't actively betray them, hence why working with Sonic to save her would be beneficial to his overall mission. Hence Silver's dialogue after Sonic says--

Oh shit, you haven't seen the preview pages for FCBD'13 yet! Whoops.

screenshot20130217at134.png

screenshot20130217at135.png

There. Silver's dialogue after Sonic says that there is no traitor.

Right...so...Ian's fucking with us again...

I call shenanigans until the issue is over. It's like y'all have never seen a last-minute plot twist before. I'm not saying you're all wrong, I'm just saying you shouldn't be so certain you're right.

Silver hasn't saved his future yet, or even Sally. So I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that by the end of the issue, both Who and Sonic will be wrong. It's a little early to be using past tense.

• Thumbs Up 3

... That lineart looks pretty sweet. Can't see anything wrong with it.

Amy's in her winter olympic clothing! EEEEEEEEEE!

Shouldn't that be "I'm Psychic, remember?"... when did Silver become a chav?

Hey, is EvanStanley working on this one? 'cuz that would be sweet...

Edited by Paradise
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm mostly saying that there really might be a traitor because Ian confirmed so. While I don't use the site I was linked to a thread on 4chan, where Ian has been known to use it, and he replied to a few questions concerning that:

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/999/iantraitor1.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4402/iantraitor2.png

The thread where those posts are found: http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/46237680/ You can use "Ctrl+F" the post number to find his posts easily.

I'm mostly saying that there really might be a traitor because Ian confirmed so. While I don't use the site I was linked to a thread on 4chan, where Ian has been known to use it, and he replied to a few questions concerning that:

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/999/iantraitor1.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4402/iantraitor2.png

The thread where those posts are found: http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/46237680/ You can use "Ctrl+F" the post number to find his posts easily.

She already said Sally was the traitor, she just wasn't a willing one is all.

Well, in any case, the organisers of the FCBD thing just royally fucked over Ian, that's for sure;

That's a heck of a point to enter on, because it loses all the context of the proceeding pages. What you're looking at is about the half-way point of the issue and the end of a major scene. Argh.

There's also some art and dialogue fixes to be made. Behold! The comic process!

Poor Ian. No matter what he says, it causes BK to flare up. for example, we have this delightful conversation (his response is the latter);

If we're doing House Cleaning I'm not sure why people have to die.

Couldn't they just go away and never be heard from again?

It depends on who you ask. For example: the Brotherhood. Some folks preferred their fate nebulous so they could potentially return. Others would've preferred them confirmed dead just for closure. (which is now moot, since my plans for them are now void)

I really can't stand being on Bumbleking anymore. I just don't like how everyone's overreacting and taking things that Ian says out of fucking context.

Edited by Vampfox

I call shenanigans until the issue is over. It's like y'all have never seen a last-minute plot twist before. I'm not saying you're all wrong, I'm just saying you shouldn't be so certain you're right.

Silver hasn't saved his future yet, or even Sally. So I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that by the end of the issue, both Who and Sonic will be wrong. It's a little early to be using past tense.

^ This.

For all of the bashing on BumbleKing for jumping to conclusions and taking things out of context, it seems like that's exactly what's going on right now. Nothing is certain until the issue's over. That's, like, one of comic books' golden rules, or someting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really expecting a last minute twist since the end of the issue is just gonna be them colliding with Mega Man's world and possibly put Sally's fate on hold. Plus, like VEDJ-F said, the context of Sonic and Silver's exchange is that Sally was the triator Silver's been looking, but at least knows now the circumstances and how she's just an unwilling traitor.

What I'm not understanding is why they just didn't say Geoffrey St. John was the traitor and left it at that. It makes more sense, in my opinion.

Also, it seems like it's gonna be SEGASonic characters only, in Worlds Collide. Does anyone know if I'm correct in that assumption?

Edited by Chaos Controller

What I'm not understanding is why they just didn't say Geoffrey St. John was the traitor and left it at that. It makes more sense, in my opinion.

Also, it seems like it's gonna be SEGASonic characters only, in Worlds Collide. Does anyone know if I'm correct in that assumption?

Because he never was a Freedom Fighter? Silver stated the one of the original memebers of the FF's (being Sonic, Sally, Antoine and Rotor) betrayed the team and doomed his future back in #195.

And yes, it's been said that all Archie-exclusive characters won't be in the crossover.

Having never read Archie, or at least only vaguely skimmed the wiki, didn't Bunnie Rabbot just go to her uncle Beauregard in the comics? If she IS "hypothetically" attempting legionization for whatever reason, wouldn't that TECHNICALLY make her a traitor, since her uncle IS a grandmaster? I mean granted he's only doing so for the safety of his chapter and not because he wants to, but it still sorta counts...

• Thumbs Up 1

Having never read Archie, or at least only vaguely skimmed the wiki, didn't Bunnie Rabbot just go to her uncle Beauregard in the comics? If she IS "hypothetically" attempting legionization for whatever reason, wouldn't that TECHNICALLY make her a traitor, since her uncle IS a grandmaster? I mean granted he's only doing so for the safety of his chapter and not because he wants to, but it still sorta counts...

Well, she is not one of the ORIGINAL Freedom Fighters.  She joined after Sonic and the others saved her from robotization.