Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why'd he tease it in the book if it wasn't meant to be revealed there? Finitevus going off all "I know something you don't know" to Knuckles in the Universe arc. Also Enerjak's got a fanbase, he's one of the comic's top villains.

Edited by American Ristar

Why'd he tease it in the book if it wasn't meant to be revealed there? Finitevus going off all "I know something you don't know" to Knuckles in the Universe arc. Also Enerjak's got a fanbase, he's one of the comic's top villains.

Because he didn't know Penders would be a huge jackass?

• Thumbs Up 2

Because he didn't know Penders would be a huge jackass?

Wasn't Penders a huge jackass to Ian prior? I recall him publicly stating that he thought that Ian's stories weren't up to his standard, and that he was a better writer.

Also, I have a question for everyone. It's been touched on a few times, since I joined. But, now I'm just gonna outright ask, so I can get everyone's full opinion on the matter:

Should the Archie Comics be rebooted, with only characters from the games and those created by Ian Flynn?

Edited by Chaos Controller

Nah, we all knew he was a jerk. We just didn't realize he was a jerk who could actually haul off with all his characters and concepts.

Half the characters created by Flynn have ties to the SatAM characters and pre-established Archie-verse, so it would basically whittle it down to just the game characters in the end. I don't see what the point would be, since that's where the comic is slowly but surely going anyway.

I'd like to see a new Sonic series in addition to StH and SU, in a completely separate canon, but it seems a waste to toss out all the material we've already got. Sure it would be nice if Ian wasn't constantly having to play clean-up, and could just get the stories out he wants to tell, but a reboot would mean having to build everything back up from scratch again, so I don't know if it would accomplish that much.

If we must despose of the Archie characters, I'd much rather we slowly and organically see the statusquo of the comic change. Maybe Team Freedom decide to keep traveling the world, righting wrongs, giving GUN and Team Dark more to do? 

Now there's a thought, what if while "Sonic the Hedgehog" became a book that was mostly game based (with a few new characters thrown in for obvious reasons), and we got a spin off title featuring what ever was going on in Knothole at the time, having only the SatAM cast and the two having very little interaction?

a spin off title featuring what ever was going on in Knothole at the time, having only the SatAM cast and the two having very little interaction?

See the Knuckles comics for my answer.

No. Doing that is begging for the spin-off to get canceled soon after; If Knuckles himself couldn't sustain a comic on his own, the SatAM cast won't last 10 issues.

Also more Bunnie!

Oh, they ditched the cow-girl hat? I  liked that, design-wise. Then again, Bunnie is my favourite Archie-verse character, and I'm curious about this new design. But what's that thing between her ears? It can't be a hat...a ribbon, maybe?

See the Knuckles comics for my answer.

No. Doing that is begging for the spin-off to get canceled soon after; If Knuckles himself couldn't sustain a comic on his own, the SatAM cast won't last 10 issues.

The Knuckles series lasted 32 issues. Which is a fairly commendable run for a comic with a such a niche market. 

Wasn't Penders a huge jackass to Ian prior? I recall him publicly stating that he thought that Ian's stories weren't up to his standard, and that he was a better writer.

Also, I have a question for everyone. It's been touched on a few times, since I joined. But, now I'm just gonna outright ask, so I can get everyone's full opinion on the matter:

Should the Archie Comics be rebooted, with only characters from the games and those created by Ian Flynn?

Penders created a lot of characters for the book, but there's a veritable boatload of other comic-exclusive characters for Archie to utilize that he didn't create, let alone the dozens of SatAM and game characters. There's absolutely no need for a reboot.

I simply can't wait for April/May for the 12 part special. Who's planning to go to Free Comic Book Day this year and pick up Part Zero?

Well, it depends if people have comic stores that are participating in the event. But since there's three stores near me around Frandor and Lansing, it won't be much of a hassle for me.

Though I don't really think the FCBD double issue will contain any original stories and basically be reprints of STH #247 and MM #23 much like last year's was a reprint of #230 with maybe some new tidbits regarding or pertaining to the story.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Wait, why isn't Dimitri going to be axed along with the others? He's a product of Penders, not to mention he is in Echidnaopolis isn't he?

They're simply banking on Dimitri being hidden in Haven and likely not mentioning again ever.

Showing the cover for Part 7 of Worlds Collide again accompained with the solicit.

medium.jpg

'When Worlds Collide,' Part 7 of 12. The historic Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover event rolls on! The hunt for the Roboticized Masters continues as Sonic and Mega Man face down Shadow Man and - Shadow Man? Meanwhile, Drs. Eggman and Wily gloat over the captive Dr. Light. But what is the brilliant, bearded scientist preparing to do? Featuring stunning new cover art from Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and a special throwback variant cover you just can't miss!"

Damn Orcas. First they try to kill Sonic in several games, then they're responsible for making him get involved in a comic crossover!

Also it turns out there was no traitor. What a gip!

Figured Silver would come to help save Sally and sorta make amends with Sonic.

But seriously. There was no traitor afterall? That seems rather underwhelming despite all the intrigue the sub-plot brought to the table ever since Silver made his debut in the comic.

So, that whole "traitor" talk was just some ruse?

Edited by Komodin

Wait, freaking ORCAS cause Mega Man and Sonic to meet up? HOW.

So, that whole "traitor" talk was just some ruse?

Let's put it like this; it could all have been avoided if Silver had just asked if there was anyone who had turned bad as of #230 onwards. I can forgive the subplot for it's divergences in #195 and 215-216 since there was no way anyone could have known about it, but the Secret Freedom Fighter plot was nigh on pointless, especially when one of its member was

Sally's Brother!

Damn Orcas. First they try to kill Sonic in several games, then they're responsible for making him get involved in a comic crossover!

What?! Noo... surely not. Nooo.

Then what the hell was all that build up for?! Trunks Silver's time travelling quests?! Harvey Who's list?!

Edited by MamboCat

What?! Noo... surely not. Nooo.

Then what the hell was all that build up for?!

Trunks Silver's time travelling quests?! Harvey Who's list?!

Just to make him an interesting character when they introduced him. Kinda like 06'.

This also makes him and all his false fact-checks in an even more unbearable light.

Well if there is no traitor then Silver's wasted all his time and we've been built up for NOTHING. That sounds pretty crappy.

Maybe they had some-one planned but the court case and other issues caused them to change it? Wouldn't be the first time.

When in doubt, blame Ken Penders! (That was a joke, by the way.)

What if Harvey Who is/was the Traitor?

Can I just come in here and say I like Elias Acorn?

I like Elias Acorn.

I like him to, the guy is pretty badass imo.

.....Welp.....this has made Silver's entire presense in the comic kinda pointless huh.

Remember what you told me about Ian giving great buildup but disappointing and flaccid payoffs.....uh....yeah.

Edited by Soniman