Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I really disagree. Characters have been given different outfits before. The clothes don't bother me at all. It's like if Knuckles was given a jacket, I really don't care. If Knuckles got a haircut and his head changed shape, that's more like what I'm saying here.

I think it would be better to look at this new design as a combination of two designs, kind of like what they did to Sonic in his Genesis appearance. With Sally, they pretty much said that they combined elements from her classic pink design from years back. Compare her redesign to this. There's no cheek fluff, her head is more rounded and soft and her eyes are huge. I think the problem here is that you may not have liked her original design. You also have to take into account that different artists' styles can do much to a character's appearance. Bates tends to draw cutesy with some anime influence, so that may be why she appears younger.

Yeah, I always did like Pink Sally, I have most of the comics from when she was pink.

I think it's just the eyes that are most jarring. And I'll miss the face fluff, it made her more of a woodland creature like Tails.

Also I was wrong about the tail. I think the straight tail is from recent fan art.

With Sally, they pretty much said that they combined elements from her classic pink design from years back. Compare her redesign to this.

Oh, so that's why I like this redesign so much. Huh.

Please, that's nothing compared to at least 2 fans back on the old forum who paraded around the topic claiming that "50% of the fans wanted Sally dead" during Endgame. Fellow Sally-fan and Moderator Flyboy Fox called them out on where they got there sources from no more than several times and they still danced around her question while ranting about "50% wanted her dead", so it was obvious they were pulling that out of there ass.

I believe that I know the two people that you're talking about. Miko and her sister. I remember that they used to be on Bumbleking and kept getting banned till Ian got sick and tired of dealing with them and banned them for good.

Yeah, the name "Miko" definitely sounds familiar.

Lemme guess, they were trolls?

Yeah, the name "Miko" definitely sounds familiar.

Lemme guess, they were trolls?

More or less. They made topics on Bumbleking that turned into battles of fan theories vs fan theories. They once said that there was no proof that Robotnik Prime died in issue 50. Even after people used evidence from the comics to prove them wrong.

If you're feeling brave read these two topics(Viuely is Miko's sister).

http://www.bumblekin....php?f=4&t=1576

http://www.bumblekin....php?f=4&t=1073

God I hate Miko, yeah she makes good points some of the time, but then other times she's just effin nitpicking about EVERY-FUCKING-THING, she makes essays which can basically be summed up as "MINA RULEZ, SALLY SUCKZ", ugh. It's so sad when she's the only active poster in the Comic part of the Sega Forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well at least she's no Nicochi, so be glad she only seems interested in the Comics.

Well at least she's no Nicochi, so be glad she only seems interested in the Comics.

True, but as one who frequents the Sega Forums, I really get tired of her walls of text that don't say anything, she tries to come off as informative by doing that, when it's just fan wank.

Kinda surprised you'd still be on the Sega Forums after being on SSMB considering what I keep hearing about it.

I think it would be best to avoid the mudslinging between forums less we have another war on our hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it would be best to avoid the mudslinging between forums less we have another war on our hands.

My bad.

Almost forgot about the last time this happened on the Status Updates. ^__^;;

I blame my original discontent on Bates artstyle. And its weird because I like Bates art. And it was more about the pose and her extra large as heck eyes more than anything. I've seen fanart that makes her look a lot better. The face tufts will be missed but I can get over their absence.

Lol I feel like such a loser still complaining about the updated wardrobe of a cartoon squirrel.

Kinda surprised you'd still be on the Sega Forums after being on SSMB considering what I keep hearing about it.

I do it for teh lulz.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering I'm on here, Bumbleking, and the Sega Forums simultaneously, I don't know why there seems to be some sort of negativity towards between these forums... Edited by tsz11

I remember recently we saw Mina Mongoose' mom is a new member of the council of Acorn. And someone complained about her appearance. But you know who looks like they came straight out of deviantart? Ash.

I mean even his NAME my God! laugh.png

Yeah I said that after I read the blog post of what's his face that works on the comics. Turned out he was misinformed and edited his original post which caused a lot of confusion among the people that saw it.

Edit: It was Matt Herms. His blog is here.

Edited by Coral

Considering I'm on here, Bumbleking, and the Sega Forums simultaneously, I don't know why there seems to be some sort of negativity towards between these forums...

I could say all the details regarding what each forum thinks of another, but basically it just comes down to average ages.

I remember recently we saw Mina Mongoose' mom is a new member of the council of Acorn. And someone complained about her appearance.

That would be moi. I'm sorry, she's Mina with a bobcut, even worse than Ash.

Well I know one thing, anyone who wishes Sally to die can completely forget about that ever happening. Ever.

Meanwhile, Peter Parker is still dead in Ultimate Spider-man and the story is better for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meanwhile, Peter Parker is still dead in Ultimate Spider-man and the story is better for it.

I think Sally's Marvel equivalent would be Jean Grey, dude. Character killed, but later brought back via writer's throw? A favorite of the writer.

And besides, I've never been one to believe that killing a character would make the story better by default because that's a huge leap in logic to make when it comes to creative writing. Peter Parker's death was probably a gamble for them to write and keep dead since there would be obvious backlash from the reader base...was there? (not that I've been keeping up with the Marvel Ultimate universe and the responses)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

The idea of anything being better because of character death is subjective as all hell. Also why Ultimate Spiderman as an example? This is Sonic the Hedgehog. Like I'm supposed to care about Ultimate Spiderman in relation to this?