Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You're just trying to kill SatAM forever you hateful SEGA-lover!

No. If I wanted to kill that aspect of the franchise, it'd be dead. I could've wiped it out at "Genesis." I could have Dr. Eggman nuke them all in one panel and never speak of it again.

Ian you silly bastard I love you! thanks for cracking me up after a long day :D

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3

apparently a few threads poped up on 4chan about Sally. I'm picked off a spiffy fanart and a face study pic. I'm probably the last person on the internet to have seen these though.

LDwv7.jpg

Au0HZ.jpg?1

Yeah, I'm definitely liking the Archie Comics designs for the SatAM characters than the old ones.

Sally just needs to either do away with the gloves, or get some different colored ones. That's like the only gripe I have for her design.

The white gloves are fine. I think the combination of white and blue works well for her. But now I'm starting to wish her fur was more red and her hair black. You can blame that on the fanart someone posted a while back. Who posted that again? They gave Sally a longer tail. It was awesome.

rAUZ6.png?1

I'm going to be a dick and still say....I think the pants are unnecessary.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

4chan has been oddly active about all this, a new thread every day that ended up culminating on a thread just for renders of Sonic gals and a huge discussion about Rouge.

Blaze's still our favourite though :V

Edited by The KKM

they have this creepy obsession with her being flat chested. And they seem upset that the comic artist give her breasts....

whatever I'm not touching that.

I'm going to have to say that I like this new design of Sally much, much better. All of the Sonic tropes are into play here: gloves, shoes, pants and shirt for female characters.

The only think is that I wish they kept the cheek fluff, but downsized to a much smaller degree. Need to keep her looking squirrel chipmunk-y instead of having her head coming off looking like Marine.

• Thumbs Up 2

they have this creepy obsession with her being flat chested. And they seem upset that the comic artist give her breasts....

TBH it does bug me Yardley drew her with breasts, if only because that's an actual SEGA trait she was thought with- she's conscious of being flat chestes :P

I decided to check the comments in the journal Ian posted, it seems he possibly lurks around here.

"Btw, you got friends over at SSMB and Sonic Retro."

I know. I lurk more than folks realize. Thanks, tho'.

• Thumbs Up 4

I decided to check the comments in the journal Ian posted, it seems he possibly lurks around here.

Has he ever posted here btw? Cause sometimes he likes to pop out and answer questions in other places but I don't remember a time when he posted over here.....if the answer is no and if you're reading this Ian you need to talk to us right meow.

Lol I love it when creators lurk social forums. I used to chat on the Regular Show General threads on 4chan (until they started getting disgusting) and apparently J.G. Quintel would lurk there. As soon as people started to suspect this they'd start shouting random ideas they had and its just funny.

dry.png

You do realize by stealing my thunder your on my hit list now, right?...

• Thumbs Up 1

sorry for ruining it for you guys but...

12307ef.png

photo-301.png?_r=1336757182

not totally, completely flat, Blaze has a body shape that is pretty impossoble to draw without, er... breasts.

Edited by Anti Alias

Nerb;

nerbffs.jpg

It's like I'm looking at one of the worlds in the multiverse.

Seriously, I see Tails, Antione, Sonic, Sally, and Bunnie as Norbs, and Rotor's in the background.

well, me too, Sonic is pretty obvious with the spikey blue hair stadndard pose and the smirk

WTF? why that???

edit: funny fact, "tails" got two tips in the hat.

Edited by Anti Alias

It's funny. A few years ago I would have been upset about Sally getting a new design. But nowadays I could care less.

The Rotor blob reminds me of that character who appeared in one episode of SatAM where everyone almost died in quicksand and Rotor had to save them.

Oh Wat. I went and found the ep on YouTube. Its the exact same creature lol

Edited by Dejablue

I see people up on TSSZ kicking up a storm about this, and it's just plain hilarious. Flynn's exactly right though. It's high time these characters got a definitive "Modern Sonic" look. It doesn't matter much if they're not in the games, they're still primary and secondary characters of an official Sonic the Hedgehog media, thus, they need to look the part.

While I think the whole "females must be fully clothed" bit is absolutely ridiculous in the context of cute cartoon animals, this is the style that the franchise creators have chosen, and it must be adhered to wherever possible. I'm curious at what's in store for Antoine, Rotor, and to a lesser extent, Julie-Su.