Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You really do have a problem with darker plots don't you?

huh.png

Riiight...I take it you've never heard my position about darker plots that I've made millions of times? Or ANY position I've made regarding this series?

Either that or you're quoting the wrong person.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

huh.png

Riiight...I take it you've never heard my position about darker plots that I've made millions of times? Anyone wanna do the honors and enlighten this person for me?

I just did in my last post... =|

I just did in my last post... =|

Yeah, I saw, and edited my post. :lol:

You really do have a problem with darker plots don't you?

CSS sez:

Darker or Lighter plots can either be great, good, meh, or terrible depending on how it's handled; the actual tone of the plot has no actual effect on the quality of said plot.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay. Crossed wires. Can we reset the conversation for something else for a bit?

Like with how SU#46 is due out soon for subscribers?

huh.png

Riiight...I take it you've never heard my position about darker plots that I've made millions of times? Or ANY position I've made regarding this series?

Either that or you're quoting the wrong person.

Nope~ Never heard a thing.

I just get the impression sometimes that you hate dark things.

Anyway!

How about that Silver and Blaze exchange in 242?

That was clever.

Edited by NISA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay. Crossed wires. Can we reset the conversation for something else for a bit?

Like with how SU#46 is due out soon for subscribers?

Oh, this is the start of the Chaotix Arc, right?

Nope~ Never heard a thing.

I just get the impression sometimes that you hate dark things.

Yeah, look before you leap next time. If you've never heard anything I said, you damn sure won't be able to predict anything else I might say.

I'll engage in conversation about SU46 as soon as I see some previews.

On an entirely different note, I've gone and ordered the Complete Sonic Encyclopedia off Amazon. The due date is between 8th-20th November, but once I get it I can answer any questions related to its content myself.

I think I'll jump aboard and bag me the Encyclopedia ASAP. I think I stopped reading the comics after around 55, because I KNOW for a fact I read Endgame, but then jumped back into them around the 100s when I realized they were still in circulation. I remember the first issue I read when I got back in had Rouge and Bunnie get into a brutal catfight around Station Square. Think that was 116?

Vedj, you'll get it pretty damn soon. I ordered mine at the start of October and it said I'd get it about the time you said. When did it turn up? Halloween. It's damn nifty, has oodles of information.

I love this little encyclopedia and it comes with my highest recommendation if your a fan of the comics.

its much more beefy than I would have expected.

Vedj, you'll get it pretty damn soon. I ordered mine at the start of October and it said I'd get it about the time you said. When did it turn up? Halloween. It's damn nifty, has oodles of information.

But, I ordered it two-ish days ago, And last time I checked it was still in the "Dispatching Soon" phase.

So yeah, theres been allot of hate for the comics on the statuses lately. lets talk about that.

Do you guys think the comic still carrys that stench that Penders caused? I know the game franchise is just now trying to lysol the rest of the 2006 stink out of it and it seems from the statuses alone that the grimdark era of the comics smell still lingers.

Do you guys think the comic still carrys that stench that Penders caused?

No I don't think that the comic still carrys the stench of Penders because all of his stupid mary-sue echidnas have been killed off. The only echidnas that we have now are the ones that the fans like.

Well I don't think it was JUST characters, it was pretty much everything he did that made this comic turn into a 2006 trainwreck for awhile and causing this biased backlash. now I just feel from looking at all this that its just like the games, that no matter how well we are now somebody is going to hate it based on a mistake from the past.

Yeah, that's been going on for a while. But you know something? There's a silver lining to it.

You know how much we bitch at people for saying that the characters not around during the classics suck? Well in the comic's defense, it's the other way around: the comics actually makes the characters that suck in the games likable in the comics.

Okay, so it's one list, and it doesn't hold much of the same weight. But it goes without saying that apparently someone's actually paying more attention than merely jumping the bandwagon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to mention how a lot of the Archie original characters are instantly hated just for the sake of not being from the games.

I don't hear any reasons for the characters getting hate, and they usually are all lumped together in the same way I see critics lump all the game Sonic characters.

Im would really like to see some to explain their dislikings for each individual character for once rather than just go for the easy "they all suck" route.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah seriously! its like some of the hate comes from new game characters being in the comic but they fail to realize that Comic Universe /= Game Universe. the Comic version's characters are given more personality and allowed to even outshine their game version counterparts.

Silver especially I've really grown attached to, mainly because he doesn't act like the total dumbass he is in the games. sure hes got his herpderp moments but there not as bad.

Edited by goku262002

I have to mention how a lot of the Archie original characters are instantly hated just for the sake of not being from the games.

I don't hear any reasons for the characters getting hate, and they usually are all lumped together in the same way I see critics lump all the game Sonic characters.

Im would really like to see some to explain their dislikings for each individual character for once rather than just go for the easy "they all suck" route.

It's a monthly on going comic I doubt it could survive with just the game characters.

I'd get a little sick of seeing them tbh. I'm glad we've got people like Mina and Nicole to name a few.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya know, it's ironic how you guys say the comics aren't the games, despite the comics incorporating more game elements.

In any case, I don't hate the comic, but I don't really think it's as amazing as everyone thinks it is; If I had to lay out my problems simply:

The overall atmosphere tends be pretty pretentious most of the time, it's gotten better since Flynn came on, but then you have things like "Journey to the East" which.....yeah.

The non-Sega cast bore me to tears, like I'm not even joking, this isn't even elitism on my part because I have my problems with them to, but god do I find them boring. I know they try to make us care by putting them into dangerous situations, but here's the thing, their personalities are so underdeveloped, and lack any interesting traits that would make me care about them. I mean, does anyone care about the likes of the Wolf Tribe or Albion? I sure as hell don't. Even the Freedom Fighters bore me to tears nowadays, everyone is just BORING, except Geoffrey and Naugus, they're cool.

As for the game characters, most of them just don't get much screentime; Tails & Amy are primarily sidekicks for Sonic, and haven't had much chances to be much else, the Chaotix are basically sidekicks for Knuckles(although this seems to finally be rectified by actually having them separate from Knuckles for a change), and every other game cast member are basically irrelevant for the most part, except ironically Silver despite his lack of presence in the mainstream games.

I'll probably elaborate on this later.

That's funny, because of the mandates only the Archie characters are allowed to have any real development, while the characters from the games need to stay how we know them.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's funny, because of the mandates only the Archie characters are allowed to have any real development, while the characters from the games need to stay how we know them.

This doesn't surprise me, Sega don't seem to give a shit about the characters, and they don't want anyone else to either, truly the makings of a respectable company.