Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think you can buy Archie's Sonic the Comic from the Playstation shop through the Media Go, at least that's where I last saw it. Other than that...nope. Not every place has a Forbidden Planet with the nearest one from where I live being 120 miles away in Aberdeen, so we have to search online most of the time for scans or digital copies.

Edit: Actually, nevermind the playstation shop thing. They disabled that feature for the UK so we can't get any from there anymore.

Edited by Mogtaki

Okay.

What specifically didn't you like about it?

I'm guessing it was either that one scene near the end, or the fact that the tie-in took up more pages than the actual story arc.

Though I still enjoyed the issue either way.

I did write a longer post but it didn't post correctly so I summed it up in a nutshell.

Yeah well its more frowned apon when you don't write some detail in your posts. so you might as well explain.

We must know your true feelings, Crash! We must knooooooow!

Don't mock me. we discussed it back in the member feedback area sometime ago and the mods said they didn't like those "I like it/Didn't like it" type of posts without some clear explation behind it. though its not a rule its just frowned apon.

I'll try to source that if you don't believe me.

Okay, here I go.

StH242.jpg

Issue 242:

The story: The story is far too generic, granted it's a kids comic but they could do a better job. Yes if you think about it it's always good versus evil in every issue but this... It's so, so basic! Eggman wants to stop Sonic and his friends from playing in the Olympics, why? Because it's the most generic thing to do, that's why!

Characters: I wouldn't usually talk about this but due to the fact that it bugged me, I thought I'd bring it up.

All of the characters chosen are good choices, except for one. That one choice is Marine the Raccoon. Why? Why? Why? They, they could have picked Jet or Omega over her! Why her! I mean they put Blaze in so it kind of makes sense. All the other characters chosen are ones that are always in the games, the characters the people love (Okay, maybe not Silver.). I'm going to stop talking about the characters here because otherwise I could take up a whole page.

Artwork: The pictures are really well drawn. The characters look bright and colourful. The only gripe is Eggman, he looks stupid, at least in my opinion anyway.

That sums up what I think of this issue. Hope you enjoyed, I'll make more.

I love Sonic's design on this cover. Classicly badass.

StH242.jpg

A little too much buttbrow though.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I seem to like the darker stories in the comics, not in the games though. I have always felt that the comics are for people who want darker Sonic stories. That's my opinion anyway.

I seem to like the darker stories in the comics, not in the games though. I have always felt that the comics are for people who want darker Sonic stories. That's my opinion anyway.

• Thumbs Up 6

Do I need to make another comment about lighthearted or darker plots again for the millionth time, or have I argued the black and white logic out of most people's heads enough?

Logic? People's heads?

The only relationship I've seen with these two is that Logic goes over it usually.

I'm no troll, it's just my opinion. I prefer the darker stories in the comics.

Edited by - Crash -
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do I need to make another comment about lighthearted or darker plots again for the millionth time, or have I argued the black and white logic out of most people's heads enough?

You really do have a problem with darker plots don't you?

Here, let me do it for you;

It's not the overall tone that matters, more or less how it is handled in the story.

Did I get it right? ;P

• Thumbs Up 7