Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I meant Bunnie's "upgrade" into a much sleeker, sexier looking cyborg in contrast with her old, bulkier design. I had no idea she was recently de-roboticized, shows what I know.

"Sexy" Sonic characters just look plain strange to me since their bodies look a lot more human than usual. Rouge's design bothers me a little bit (not because of the boobs since a lot of cartoon characters have those anyway; it's mostly the wings and the fact that her body seems to be mostly skin rather than fur), but other than that she has qualities that I think makes her pass as a Sonic-looking character. Sally in general just never really seemed like she came from something called Sonic so even though she and Rouge both have similar looking bodies, it just makes it much more noticeable for her I guess.

And lastly, I don't exactly look toward the Sonic series when I'm in need of some fanservice.

basically we will have to just wait till the design offically debuts in the comics and see how well it goes over with everyone.

If it goes over strongly in a postive way, the design will stay

if it goes over strongly in mixed way, we may the artists switch her back and forth (new to Season 2 design and vise versa)

if it goes over strongly in a neagtive way, we may see her season 2 design return sooner than later.

But for now, just let it be and wait and see.

Okay, clear photos!

Ehh sorry guys still don't like it. I thought she looked Sega enough when they made her squat and proportionate. They made her eyes so wide she looks like a chibi character. Wait now I know exactly why I don't like it. She looks like effin' Marine the Raccoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said on Bumbleking;

It looks like the Sandblaster FFs are forcing Mighty to work with them through his connection to Matilda, for some reason or another.

Okay, clear photos!

Ehh sorry guys still don't like it. I thought she looked Sega enough when they made her squat and proportionate. They made her eyes so wide she looks like a chibi character. Wait now I know exactly why I don't like it. She looks like effin' Marine the Raccoon.

and they wont deage her as some are thinking

Edited by bwrosas

The black shorts and the closed vest make me think of Haruno Sakura from Naruto

Given the fact that they are both supposedly smart lead females...But Sakura is probably the most useless character in the manga...

that is NOT a good thing!

Oh wait. Wally said something about Matilda. Mighty's sister? We'll be seeing her? At this point she has never met Mighty before has she?

Edited by Dejablue

and for those wondering, they won't deage Sally with this redesign. I mean why go though all this, just to not only redesign her (Pink Sally/Sega Style) just so you deage her, to me it doesn't make sense. Besides, characters don't age or deage while in robotization and are the same age as before the robotization after their restored.

AND She'll be the same Sally as before, I mean why go though all this, just to not only redesign her (Pink Sally/Sega Style) just so you change her personality , to me it doesn't make sense. Besides, characters don't change personality while in robotization and are the same as before the robotization after their restored

Edited by bwrosas

I actually like what they've done with her. I never cared for Sally's design before but at least now she fits in with other Sonic characters.

Edited by Pawn

The New Design looks alright....Besides it all depends on what artist will draw her. Yes Ben Bates drew the new design first, but do you think Butler is not going to want to draw it in his style, or what about Tracy Yardly? And some say the new design makes her look younger/immature and around 10-12 years old? Well look at how Bates drew her Season 2 SatAM design at times, he made her look like she was 12-13 years old in IMHO, and yet she's described as being 17. So just because the design is new, doesn't mean she will be younger or have a personality change (well maybe a tweak in personality, but that's all).

Besides there is an old saying that goes like this : "Looks Can Be Decieving.". In other words, don't judge it before you offically see it.

And let's look at the silver lining here, From what The KKM has pointed out over at the SSMB, it seems that they drawing some influence from the orginal Pink Sally design of the eariler comics and the SatAM polit episode "Heads or Tails".

Let's not also forget, as some have been kind to point out, she did have long hair for a few years too.

Also before Bunnie went all COWGIRL on us, she had another design change, no not with her cybernetics, but by going all Daisy Duke on us.

Heck even Nicole had some design changes , Iron Nicole (forced/mind controlled and then as a double agent for the FF's), her recent causal "Go out and party/have fun" clothes, and most importantly before all that, getting her LYNK form.

And yet no one really complained that much, nor did the character's personality's change, if anything, their personality's were tweaked a bit and that is all.

So as said before, let's not judge it, before we see it offically.

Edited by bwrosas

I actually really like Sally's redesign. She actually looks like a Sonic character now, and it makes me loathe her slightly less. haha not really she still sucks

• Thumbs Up 1

After 20 years of reading it's gonna take me some getting used to (Sally's redesign).. making her look younger is kind of unfair to the rest of the crew... especially Rotor who was given reading glasses which made him look 40 years older

Was there a NYCC variant this year?

Some questions for you all here :

1. Do you think the one-shots and the crossover should have waited till the end of the arc? I do, unless the crossover has something to with the arc, then I'm okay with it, if not, have it wait till the end of the arc

2. Do you think the crossover will be canon or non-canon? I think Non-Canon, but if canon, it will possibly have something with Sally's restoration if the crossover is canon.

3. Do you think other characters will get the same treatment as Sally with her redesign? Who knows (IMHO)

4. Do you think with Sally getting a Sega like style, and with the "Rumored" reboot being talked about, do you think this is a sign that she may be a playable character in future games, or more so the "Rumored" Reboot? I have my guesses.

5. Do you think the artist drew influence from the orignal pink Sally design, when it comes to her facial features? I say yes they did.

6. Do you think the artist got influence or stole ideas from the SonicGX Flash Series design of Sally? Looks a little bit like they may have to me.

4. Do you think with Sally getting a Sega like style, and with the "Rumored" reboot being talked about, do you think this is a sign that she may be a playable character in future games, or more so the "Rumored" Reboot?

I sure as fuck hope not.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't think it is a redesign, I think they're just giving her an outfit for the 2012 Olympics issue. After all, it isn't canon to the ongoing story arc.

^ Actually that makes a lot of sense to me. It makes more sense that its simply for the Olympics tie-in; after the Olympics tie-in then we'll see if it actually sticks.

Oh, and of note, Sally's not appearing in the crossover. Well, from what I've heard its ONLY going to feature the GAME characters, because that's who that specific arc is catering too. As such, for the Sonic/Megaman crossover the Archie-only characters (yes, Sally is "Archie only" now despite technically it not being her debut) are taking a temporary backseat.

So no, the crossover has NOTHING to do with Sally's redesign, since she isn't supposed to appear in it anyway.

Lol I keep forgetting I have Ian Flynn on my watch list on DeviantArt. And he has a journal up about Sally. Tiiime to go read it!

Edited by Dejablue

I can't wait to see how quickly he gets attacked by the rabid fans

Sally (and the SatAM cast) are old, out-dated, niche characters. If they're to survive, they need to mesh with the way the Sonic franchise looks today.

THIS MAN FUCKING GETS IT!!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sally (and the SatAM cast) are old, out-dated, niche characters. If they're to survive, they need to mesh with the way the Sonic franchise looks today.

Why? They're most likely not going to appear in future Sonic games anyway and they seem like they're doing just fine in the comics with the designs they had before bad things started happening to them starting with #230. I just think that this seems kind of pointless. And I don't care what the parents think, Sonic Team ignored them when they said Rouge wore skimpy clothes in Sonic Riders.