Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I find Sally's facial fluff and chest pattern lends more character to design than clothing. Like I'm trying to be neutral, but if I saw the new and old ones in a lineup I'd dismiss the redesign for being fugly. I wonder who was behind this decision anyways.

Her face feels a naked without the tufts. Like you know how rotor looks older because the artists draw him with the tufts and glasses. Sally looks 10 years younger without it. And I'm not trying to echo what the creepy 4chan folks are saying. It really does make her look younger. Although I expect the way she looks will still pendulum swing from artist to artist.

We are right about at the two year margin aren't we?

He did say she'd be roboticised for about two years. :V

Design doesn't matter to me much; then again I never had much interest in the female cast. ^^;

Really, I'm more interested in what he's been doing with Geoffrey. For such a total assmonk, I can't help but start liking that skunk.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog

Haven't been in this topic in awhile.

they have this creepy obsession with her being flat chested. And they seem upset that the comic artist give her breasts....

whatever I'm not touching that.

Wait..what?

Hey guys, let's just ignore the eleph...chipmunk in the room and see some solicits!

1236938_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #245

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley, Matt Herms

'Endangered Species,' Part Three. It's all-out war on Albion! Lien-Da's Dark Egg Legion battles Thrash's devil dog pack, with Knuckles and Team Fighters giving their all to control the chaos! The dark origin of Thrash is revealed, opening up a no-holds-barred throw-down with Knuckles!"

• Thumbs Up 1

mkcuemcu.png

Wow, Uekawa really nailed the new style well! I like the pose an-...

Maybe it was the pose of the New Sally reveal image that made me focus on the gloves, because when I look at this image it has the same white gloves but it actually complements her look instead of feeling like it's clashing.

Yeah, I know. It's rather odd that I found the gloves odd in one image yet see no problem with the same gloves in a different one.

The Rotor blob reminds me of that character who appeared in one episode of SatAM where everyone almost died in quicksand and Rotor had to save them.

Oh Wat. I went and found the ep on YouTube. Its the exact same creature lol

Edited by bwrosas

Did I just see Bucky O' Hare on one of the covers? Oh wait never mind Also those covers look pretty badass....and I really want to read them.

Maybe it was the pose of the New Sally reveal image that made me focus on the gloves, because when I look at this image it has the same white gloves but it actually complements her look instead of feeling like it's clashing.

Yeah, I know. It's rather odd that I found the gloves odd in one image yet see no problem with the same gloves in a different one.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm offended that you'd question Psi's skill at pulling it off, quite frankly. Guy can make anything look nice. *not aimed at anyone specific*

mkcuemcu.png

I like this a lot actually, now you only need to take the fawn tail and replace it with a straight rat looking thing.

Psi is well known for the Sally/Amy in Sonic 1 hack among other "_____ in Sonic 1" hacks. I'm sure if you have played a "_____ in Sonic 1" hack it was most likely his.

Anyways:

mkcuemcu2.png

Psi made a small alternate version for you "I dun lik teh newz disegns! D:" people:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ha7soampnbqmhqt

Also, Ian updated his FAQ again.

I love both versions I don't know which to choose!!!

Not like I have a choice!!!

Actually even on Sally's old design I think she'd look cool with those slightly new kicks. There's not even much of a difference but its noticeable.

For the love all things sensible, would somebody think it racy if I put a couple of parentheses next to each other?

( ( - woo! Scandalous!

Had to laugh at that.

Edited by Dejablue

I love both versions I don't know which to choose!!!

Not like I have a choice!!!

Actually even on Sally's old design I think she'd look cool with those slightly new kicks. There's not even much of a difference but its noticeable.

For the love all things sensible, would somebody think it racy if I put a couple of parentheses next to each other?

( ( - woo! Scandalous!

Had to laugh at that.

Well I know one thing, anyone who wishes Sally to die can completely forget about that ever happening. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just got StH #242 in the mail! I will now be accepting PM requests for spoilers as usual. :)

I'm going to sound like a picky little faggot here, but I actually really really really dislike the use of blue as an eye color for Sonia. It's not anywhere near "baw green eyes" levels, but as a spriter, I have my reasons. I'll go find a random art topic to rant in.

Hey guys, a fan decided to colour in the Sonic Underground cover.

fu8l60.jpg

Nice.

But.... Didn't they have some bullshit story explaining why Sonic got green eyes in the comics? Wouldn't an alternate universe version of Sonic still have black eyes?

Or am I just thinking about this too much, like why would the stupid olympics tie-in comic have "USA" on it when Sonic doesn't come from there, or even have any affiliation to our world at all besides the guys who make the comic wishing that it did?

Also Ian Flynn can talk all he wants, I can't honestly believe that outspoken douchebag parents had nothing at all to do with Sally's clothing change. He talks about all this "unity" and blah blah blah of characters having to conform to a particular style. Why exactly? The comic has so SO much that doesn't conform to a "SEGA" style, and why should it?

It's been running almost as long as the games have and gone through many changes that of course it's gonna have stylistic clashes.

You can't honestly tell me putting pants on Sally and closing up her vest is solely due to "conformity"?

So what happens when we see Dulcy next? She's a female and she ain't clothed. Is she gonna have some unfeasibly large dress on or something?

Or if E.V.E ever returned (I know she "died" but this is comic world where death is less permanent than high tide, so humor me) techincally E.V.E is a "she"; she gonna have on some cosmic ....thingy hotpants and tubetop?

The claim is just stupid.

Would've respected the guy more if he'd just said that they caved to parental groups or SEGA being dicks and telling them they have to do stuff their way.

Honestly, when it comes to a licensed product, they have every right to change it as they see fit and I have every right to judge it based on how well and why they did it. And when I judge it, it has less to do with how I personally feel about them making changes and more about whether they did a good job in doing it. Because really, personal preferences isn't the same as actual critique.

Kinda why I'm more of a "go with the flow", at least until I hit an actual typhoon. I loved her old look before the change, but I don't see anything wrong with the new look. Besides, they could've just killed her off and never let us see her again in future issues. Although fat chance of that ever happening.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

The question I have is, why in the world are people opposing this? This is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to these characters and the IMO, sensless opposition has turned from being amusing to just being downright pitiful. Seriously, does nobody understand business and marketing? I can't...I just...I'm speechless!

Maybe because people don't like the particular way she was modernized here? You know, there's always that.