Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh shit...as if one Mjolnir Piko hammer wasn't bad enough for Amy. Now we have a robot with two...

Oh shit...as if one Mjolnir Piko hammer wasn't bad enough for Amy. Now we have a robot with two...

At least its not rocking Rosie's mallets. Those things made quick work out of Amy's hammer.

(Jesus, Rosy was OP... but it worked for her. )

18.png

Big you stopped a robot with your hand! A win.

So...I'm assuming this sums up the "threat" of the Team Metal.

Fuck you, Archie. Fuck you straight to hell.

Even more ironic is that that's how she always looked in the comics, but like you, I was bred on the TV show.

Not really. She was pretty modest if not blatant about her sex appeal and even then, she just was unaware about it. I'd like to point out that even in the animated Teen Titans were she was pretty risque to the point a cartoon targeting kids would allow, and her personality was very much similar to the cartoon until this reboot. The difference between this Kori and TTAU and pre-rebbot Kori is the personality. Kori loved Dick Grayson and believed that he was his soulmate thus having sex with somebody you adore is something that you do because you love that person. This abomination running around now thinks sex is a thing you just do and she is willing to do it with anybody. She is a male comic book writer's fantasy and pretty much why a lot of women cannot get into comic books. She is a sexed up skank who is willing to screw anything with a pulse for the sake of doing so.

I hate what happened to Team Metal. All of the build up for nothing.

Edited by turbojet

I don't see a problem with how the Metals were handled. They haddecent fights.

And I also doubt this'll be the last time we see them.

I don't see a problem with how the Metals were handled. They had decent fights.

I haven't read it yet, but, looking at that last page, what I saw was:

-Metal Amy flies in.

-Big goes "DURHUR LOOK I CURT A RUBURT"

-Metal Amy hits him.

-Big punches her so hard she explodes.

That is not a good fight. If that was a good fight, then Metal Sonic from Gens was a fucking pay-per-view event, complete with naked cheerleaders. Which it wasn't.

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

I haven't read it yet, but, looking at that last page, what I saw was:

-Metal Amy flies in.

-Big goes "DURHUR LOOK I CURT A RUBURT"

-Metal Amy hits him.

-Big punches her so hard she explodes.

That is not a good fight. If that was a good fight, then Metal Sonic from Gens was a fucking pay-per-view event, complete with naked cheerleaders. Which it wasn't.

That's not her exploding in the panel. If you actually read it, the Eggbot's gun jammed and exploded. Big punched a hole through her once Silver froze her with his psychic powers.

The fights weren't great, I'll admit that, but I don't think they were horrible. Long fights would've been boring. Amy had the best as the others were offed in a few panels. It was kind of funny because of the art. The SFF were suposed to be hidden, but they were drawn in such obvious places, that it's weird that no one saw them.

Considering that Metal Sonic has become mass produced, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for the others. And we haven't seen Metal Knuckles, so I'm sure there's a reason for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have many problems with Archie Sonic. Here are some of the bigger ones.

1. It isn't half as good at the Sonic TV Show. And I don't mean Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

2.The continuity is so fucked up that similarities are between this and the games are almost impossible to spot in most places.

3. Character portraying is off-balance and...weird. I just could not read the Shadow Saga. He's far from the only one.

4. I don't even know half of the "Archie" characters, much less their purpose. Stop putting in new shitty characters, Archie! If you were to do it right, maybe I wouldn't be so hateful about it. But you don't.

I could go on and on, but I'll sum up all my complaints in three words: Fuck you, Archie.

I have nothing to say about the Big and "Metal Amy" fight above.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

Starfire, or as I like to call her, the alien bimbo who now has the memory of a Goldfish and thinks having sex with random anonymous strangers for shits and giggles is all the rage.

DAFUCK? THAT is starfire???

As someone who grew up with Cartoon Network's Teen TItans, everytime I see this Starfire I can't help but feel like I've wandered across some sort of childhood-crushing rule 34 comic on Google. Except it's actually real, licensed, endorsed material... which just makes the feeling even worse.

childhood ruined forever!!!! blink.png

Edited by Anti Alias

I would not hate the character if she weren't written horribly.

However, it is not the worst comic book complaint that I've ever had. Red Hood and the Outlaws is slowly but surely becoming the worst idea ever.

1. It isn't half as good at the Sonic TV Show. And I don't mean Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

2.The continuity is so fucked up that similarities are between this and the games are almost impossible to spot in most places.

3. Character portraying is off-balance and...weird. I just could not read the Shadow Saga. He's far from the only one.

4. I don't even know half of the "Archie" characters, much less their purpose. Stop putting in new shitty characters, Archie! If you were to do it right, maybe I wouldn't be so hateful about it. But you don't.

I could go on and on, but I'll sum up all my complaints in three words: Fuck you, Archie.

How is the comic not like the show? Sonic and Sally act just like their SatAM counter parts and the game characters have one dimensional personality compared to Archie. Archie Sonic is cocky but he knows when to get serious just like SatAM Sonic. Like when Sonic was scared that Mammoth mogul was going to kill his best friend Tails and his other friends Mina, and Mighty. He even worked with Ash to save them. Sonic and Tails were even up set over Tommy Turtles death. And let's not forget Sega's lame characters like Eggman Nega a recolor or Dark Spike Sonic, Big the Cat, Elise, and Cream the rabbit.

I am a Sally fan and I am completely Ok with Ian turning Sally into a robot. Issue 230 redeemed Sally after her character was ruined by Ken Penders, Karl Bollers and Mike Gallagher. I am mostly happy for Ian of fixing the characterization of protagonist, Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic is the most important character in the comic who needs to be written right and Ian did a good job with that. The protagonist, Sonic & the love interest, Sally are at their finest under Ian. Those SatAM Purist can just cry and moan for all I care.

You understand that this is a whole different canon, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

I never dreamed there would be this many Archie fans who cry when it gets bashed.

I'll break it down for you. It was orginially a continuation of the Sonic tv series, which, as we all know, sadly ended in 1994.

Archie tried to blend games with it afterwards, even adding Sonic game adaptations like Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Adventure. The early ones were okay. Following the games to letter would be boring and repetitive, so I understand the twists. But soon after, Archie fucked up in the form of new characters.

I remember reading Sonic #150. When I read about an alternate "evil" Mobius, and the "evil" Sonic (who would later become Scourge the Stupid) coming into the "good" Mobius to hit on all the girls, I was thinking just how badly Archie would mess up next.

I've been reading these comics for a long time, ever forgiving I guess. I still do. And while I like some of the newer comics, there is still a hole in there that Archie needs to fill. I'm not saying there shouldn't be new characters, I'm saying there should be better new characters.

I never dreamed there would be this many Archie fans who cry when it gets bashed.

Already you pissed me off, why don't you ease back on the generalizations?

I'll break it down for you. It was orginially a continuation of the Sonic tv series, which, as we all know, sadly ended in 1994.

It was never a direct continuation, it was a basically a re-imagining of the show.

Archie tried to blend games with it afterwards, even adding Sonic game adaptations like Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Adventure. The early ones were okay. Following the games to letter would be boring and repetitive, so I understand the twists. But soon after, Archie fucked up in the form of new characters.

I would know better of what you're talking about if you actually mention these characters by name.

I remember reading Sonic #150. When I read about an alternate "evil" Mobius, and the "evil" Sonic (who would later become Scourge the Stupid) coming into the "good" Mobius to hit on all the girls, I was thinking just how badly Archie would mess up next.

That was a genuinely shitty issue but it's still a far cry from how well they are doing as of now.

I've been reading these comics for a long time, ever forgiving I guess. I still do. And while I like some of the newer comics, there is still a hole in there that Archie needs to fill. I'm not saying there shouldn't be new characters, I'm saying there should be better new characters.

Don't bother fixing characters, just keep adding new ones that I may or may not like? Okay then

Geez. Look at the crying. If you don't like my opinion, fine. I just don't want to come into this forum to see another person crying over something I posted. All I want do to is talk about Sonic here, but that is apparently too mature for some.

I will not go into the back and forth argument. It's stupid, immature, and a waste of time.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

Obviously I can't argue with you and all since you're going to do is mindlessly label it has 'crying, being immature, blah blah blah'

So whatever.

Edited by Soniman

Geez. Look at the crying. If you don't like my opinion, fine. I just don't want to come into this forum to see another person crying over something I posted. All I want do to is talk about Sonic here, but that is apparently too mature for some.

I will not go into the back and forth argument. It's stupid, immature, and a waste of time.

Your opinion was put out to the public, thus it will be criticized by those who see it. What were you expecting? Also implying everyone else is too immature to understand your point does not help your point in anyway shape or form.

I just don't like the constant arguing. We're all here to talk about Sonic, right? Arguments are bound to happen; it's a forum. And a lot of the arguments here are worth reading. I realize that. But all the arguing, all the time, and all about so many things just makes me wish the fanbase was more intact, in a sense.

I don't mean to offend anyone.

Not really. She was pretty modest if not blatant about her sex appeal and even then, she just was unaware about it. I'd like to point out that even in the animated Teen Titans were she was pretty risque to the point a cartoon targeting kids would allow, and her personality was very much similar to the cartoon until this reboot. The difference between this Kori and TTAU and pre-rebbot Kori is the personality. Kori loved Dick Grayson and believed that he was his soulmate thus having sex with somebody you adore is something that you do because you love that person. This abomination running around now thinks sex is a thing you just do and she is willing to do it with anybody. She is a male comic book writer's fantasy and pretty much why a lot of women cannot get into comic books. She is a sexed up skank who is willing to screw anything with a pulse for the sake of doing so.

I hate what happened to Team Metal. All of the build up for nothing.

I get the idea that most comic writers are writers who couldn't make it in other industries.

I just don't like the constant arguing. We're all here to talk about Sonic, right? Arguments are bound to happen; it's a forum. And a lot of the arguments here are worth reading. I realize that. But all the arguing, all the time, and all about so many things just makes me wish the fanbase was more intact, in a sense.

I don't mean to offend anyone.

As you said in your previous post about it being a mature forum, more in depth arguments are going to happen here and more often, because everyone who enjoys discussing Archie Sonic are pretty dead-set fans that take their opinions and interest to heart. It's the internet were people from all over have different mindsets and perspectives, so yes, arguments happen often.

That said, we try to stay in good sport and civil when we do it. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing and debating a bit, it's just wrong when you get down to outright name calling or something similar of an immature level, like going "oh look who's crying."

• Thumbs Up 3

Archie Sonic was not really a continuity of Sonic SatAM just for the fact that Mike Gallagher was writing the comic for the money at issue 0 due to him not doing his research he had Sonic acting like a Bugs Bunny rip off and Ken Penders said that Ben Hurst sucked as a writer and wrote his own way. Ken Penders was responsible for that garbage writing of 150 were he had Sonic rape anti Bunnie and had Rouge make out with Knuckles dad. Ian spent a year cleaning Ken Penders mess. The comic may have problems but it was mostly Ken Penders fault. Sonic and Sally act just like they did in SatAM under Ian.