Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The Enerjak parts are the best part of any Echidna lure, but if Doc. F is too be believed, then Albion was up to quite a bit that could well prove to be pretty interesting.

I for one would like to see where Thrash the Tazzy Devil over in Downunda goes from here. That's sure to dig up some problems with a few Echidna's.

Anyone else think the power scaling in the book is a bit off? I know this was a while ago, but can someone tell me how Eggman goes from curb-stomping Sonic to getting beaten in two pages?

Like with Eggman's Mech Suit?

I think it was because the suit was designed for Sonic and only Sonic, meaning it could be thrashed by anyone with a different set of skills and abilities.

Like with Eggman's Mech Suit?

I think it was because the suit was designed for Sonic and only Sonic, meaning it could be thrashed by anyone with a different set of skills and abilities.

That...makes no sense, I mean I can understand it being designed to counter Sonic, but how is it that Sonic's attack when he's running at full speed, carrying parts of the land, only makes a dent, yet Bunnie's arm cannon is enough to blow off half it's torso?

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

That powerful attack from Sonic only dented the shield, which Eggman didn't have when he took a full frontal blast from Bunnie's Arm Cannon

That powerful attack from Sonic only dented the shield, which Eggman didn't have when he took a full frontal blast from Bunnie's Arm Cannon

Does it really matter? The Force behind Sonic's blow (even as absurdly powerful such a blow would be) is different enough from the discharge of a beam cannon that you need not worry about Eggmans defenses.

That suit was built to take Sonic's charge head on. The properties of a beam cannon are in an entirely different ballpark. One is physical, the other is a blinding light of pain.

Does it really matter? The Force behind Sonic's blow (even as absurdly powerful such a blow would be) is different enough from the discharge of a beam cannon that you need not worry about Eggmans defenses.

That suit was built to take Sonic's charge head on. The properties of a beam cannon are in an entirely different ballpark. One is physical, the other is a blinding light of pain.

So you mean to tell me the genius with an IQ of 300 is able to create a machine that's completely able to dominate his most hated enemy, but he didn't make sure to defend himself from a ray gun?.........yeah.

And it does matter, because it makes Eggman look really fucking pathetic; that just after his badass defeat of Sonic, he's beaten in two pages by the secondary cast. It'd be easier to swallow if there was a less flimsy reason for it, but no.

So you mean to tell me the genius with an IQ of 300 is able to create a machine that's completely able to dominate his most hated enemy, but he didn't make sure to defend himself from a ray gun?.........yeah.

I think that was the point.

Considering that that one enemy was the main monkey wrench to every plan he's made, it makes some degree of sense to take out that obstacle whenever possible. And it worked! The problem: It worked so well only because it was overspecialized to taking down that one specific enemy, which crippled it when fighting anyone else.

I think that was the point.

Considering that that one enemy was the main monkey wrench to every plan he's made, it makes some degree of sense to take out that obstacle whenever possible. And it worked! The problem: It worked so well only because it was overspecialized to taking down that one specific enemy, which crippled it when fighting anyone else.

See that would make sense if there was anything implying that before said event happened, before that no one had any reason to believe Eggman would be beaten considering he had already beaten Sonic, and neither him, Tails, Knuckles, or Amy I recall came up with a plan to beat his mech specifically.

I mean had there been some planning beforehand, a little foreshadowing, and Eggman actually putting up a fight then it would have been a bit more believable, but once again, as it stands it makes Eggman look really freaking weak that he can beat the tar out of Sonic , but instantly becomes helpless in the face of another enemy.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

The guy was mauled by several individuals (some who could even match strengths with Sonic), it sure as hell wasn't just one enemy.

The Egg Beater was made for Sonic alone, really that's the simplist answer I can give. You do realize how obsessed he is with defeating Sonic, just like in the games, Eggman considers Sonic's friends "Minor Distractions", despite occasionally getting whipped by them, he only really considers Sonic a main threat.

Sonic himself caught on to the Egg Beater in the following issues, allowing the Freedom Fighters and Chaotix to surround and tear it apart.

However, now a days Eggman is getting more aware of Sonic's annoying friends, as he has been underestimating them like in issue 240 he thought he had the city cause Sonic wasn't around, but his Metal series fell quickly to Team Freedom and the Secret Freedom Fighters.

Let's review:

Mistake 1: Beat Sonic to a pulp and let him live

Mistake 2: Instead of turning all the Egg Grapes on and turning everyone into batteries, he decides to take his time and do it one by one

Mistake 3: Not listening to Snively's warning about the robot's lasers being altered

Mistake 4: Going directly after Sonic and Friends in the same robot, which he already knows has been tampered with

The Egg Beater still bugs me. I hate how it can beat the crap out of Sonic no problem but when everyone else attacks it it falls apart like wet tissue paper.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Eggman Empire story arc that ran from issues 175-177. The whole Sega mandate of Sonic always winning brings this arc down for me.

Edited by Vampfox

See that would make sense if there was anything implying that before said event happened, before that no one had any reason to believe Eggman would be beaten considering he had already beaten Sonic, and neither him, Tails, Knuckles, or Amy I recall came up with a plan to beat his mech specifically.

I mean had there been some planning beforehand, a little foreshadowing, and Eggman actually putting up a fight then it would have been a bit more believable, but once again, as it stands it makes Eggman look really freaking weak that he can beat the tar out of Sonic , but instantly becomes helpless in the face of another enemy.

How about the fact that during Sonic's one year trip in space that Eggman made huge gains and declared outright war against the Kingdom of Acorn and Station Square? Heck, it was throught A.D.A.M that he was able to make such sufficient gains in the war, and once Sonic came back his shit started getting fucked up again.

Maybe I'm overstating a bit here, but considering how Eggman reacted as soon as he saw Sonic return, it kind goes to show how critical Sonic is in helping to stop Eggman.

The Egg Beater still bugs me. I hate how it can beat the crap out of Sonic no problem but when everyone else attacks it it falls apart like wet tissue paper.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Eggman Empire story arc that ran from issues 175-177. The whole Sega mandate of Sonic always winning brings this arc down for me.

So you would prefer Sonic to lose and have all his friends and family killed?

I'm also amused when someone brings up the "He has an IQ of 300" excuse. Having a high IQ does not mean you're immune to make mistakes or errors every now and then, and in Eggman's case, he's made plenty like son1ctrainer pointed out on the last page during #175-#177.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm also amused when someone brings up the "He has an IQ of 300" excuse. Having a high IQ does not mean you're immune to make mistakes or errors every now and then, and in Eggman's case, he's made plenty like son1ctrainer pointed out on the last page during #175-#177.

If he were to act like someone with an IQ of 300, then the only thing he is completely unprepared for is the unknown unknowns.

So you would prefer Sonic to lose and have all his friends and family killed?

No but I would have prefered to see Robotnik win for a few more issues. I hate how Sonic turns everything around in just one issue.

Sega only let Robotnik win in issue 175 on the condition that Archie turned it around in the next issues, and as a result the story is robbed of any real drama. Sure Knothole gets destroyed but they get a better city(New Mobotroplis)afterwards.

Edited by Vampfox

I'm derailing this before Charmy gets mentioned again.

So, do people expect the current Secret Freedom Fighter arc to end on some sort of 'good' note (as in quality-wise)? Personally, the SFFs have done mostly fuck all for me, and I still don't see the point of having characters like Leeta and Lyco given more panel time when they contribute nothing to the narrative. I'm hoping that the last part can put out...something for them.

No but I would have prefered to see Robotnik win for a few more issues. I hate how Sonic turns everything around in just one issue.

Sega only let Robotnik win in issue 175 on the condition that Archie turned it around in the next issues, and as a result the story is robbed of any real drama. Sure Knothole gets destroyed but they get a better city(New Mobotroplis)afterwards.

I don't think Sega gives fuck all if Eggman is winning in Archie for extended periods of time