Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, Ian has been trying to find ways of skirting the issue. So right now, he may be winning, but it's not like Sonic has 'lost' too heavily as of yet, he's just had a lot of set-backs. #175 was a far more clear-cut loss for Sonic, thus the need for the rapid turnaround.

So it's less "Eggman can't win", more "Sonic can't lose".

Yeah, Ian has been trying to find ways of skirting the issue. So right now, he may be winning, but it's not like Sonic has 'lost' too heavily as of yet, he's just had a lot of set-backs. #175 was a far more clear-cut loss for Sonic, thus the need for the rapid turnaround.

So it's less "Eggman can't win", more "Sonic can't lose".

I understand why Sonic can't legitimately lose, but one has to define losing. Acorn gets bumfucked by a nuke is not really considered a loss if you take the narrative away from him needing a home.

Sonic's been winning the past few issues.

Or coming back from losing and really, considering the scale, even if he gets Sally back by whatever explanation and Eggman's empire loses the entire invasion or whatever he is doing, his Dark Egg Legion says that he is winning by sheer control of the planet and Sonic has done little to fuck all to stop that.

Uh, Sega seriously won't let Sonic lose even a bit? I mean I know he's the hero, and he has to win the day, but honestly does that mean nobody is allowed to gain some ground on him for more than one or two issues? That's really annoying, and it just paints Sonic as an invincible hero.

Uh, Sega seriously won't let Sonic lose even a bit? I mean I know he's the hero, and he has to win the day, but honestly does that mean nobody is allowed to gain some ground on him for more than one or two issues? That's really annoying, and it just paints Sonic as an invincible hero.

An invincible and insulated hero...

Yeah where has he been in the last 30-40 issues?

-The Artic

-Cat Country

-Dragon Kingdom

-The Desert

Guy should get out more

The only way we could get approval for Sonic getting his keister kicked in STH#175 was that he'd turn around and be victorious in the next issues. It's similar to Robotnik's death in "Endgame" - Archie had to promise to bring him back by STH#75. When we pitched "Eggman Empire," we did the entire arc - #175-177 - to show Sonic's defeat was only temporary - fleeting. Otherwise, it never would've been approved by Sega.

Yeah where has he been in the last 30-40 issues?

-The Artic

-Cat Country

-Dragon Kingdom

-The Desert

Guy should get out more

Sonic isn't fucking Superman, hes only one guy who has his prioities, he cant be can't watch over the entire planet.

Sonic isn't fucking Superman, hes only one guy who has his prioities, he cant be can't watch over the entire planet.

No, but he can at least make sure more places are freed from Eggman's control than Knothole, which has been shown in the recent issue to be completely capable of defending itself from a crisis without his help.

Good god I hope so, this arc has come to a screeching halt as far as excitement goes.

Edited by Soniman

Edited by turbojet

Why currently hop all over the world when the very center of the Empire is right above their heads? Why do you think Sonic has been chasing the Death Egg across the world? Because Eggman himself is right there, waiting to be taken out by the Freedom Fighters, that's why I imagine Sonic isn't off stoping some random suboss in some random area at this point in time, because he's putting all his attention into stopping Eggman and his Death Egg right now.

At this point, I'm just glad we're seeing more of the world than just New Mobotropolis at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 4