Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

EDIT: Speaking of the comics, though, do you think it would be easier to just pick up where Ian started, or would reading from the beginning be better? 8|a

Would it be easier to start from Ian's run? Without a doubt.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is how involved you plan on getting into the series. If your the completion-ist type who likes to understand whats going on behind the scenes and the motivations of each character involved (main and support) then obviously you need to start with the earlier issues.

If your just interested in the entertainment value, or to soak in the good things happening in the comics these days, then you don't need to go back nearly as far. The newer issues do a fine enough job of giving you enough information to be just inside the loop. Its not perfect, but you'll know enough to get by easily. The biggest hang-nail is attempting to nail down a few of the differences between the parallel SEGA and Archie casts. Sonic is a touch different than you might be used to and the same goes for everyone. (many of the changes are for the better, and necessary for the larger story telling space).

You also always have this thread to fall back on. If you find yourself confused, a quick question would clear you right up.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Just read 240, like Mark said, it's starting to drag on a bit but there's still some enjoyment to be had.

Pros

-Establishes that the people of acorn can take good care of themselves even without Sonic

-More Shard is always a good thing

-As is Orbot and Cubot

-Cool to see Metal Amy and Tails in action

-Heavy and Bomb were pretty cool

-As was seeing Rotor in the field again

Cons

-To bad the robot trio get's taken down in no time flat

-Kinda fells like I'm reading the same story for the third time (repel Eggman's forces from Death Egg)

-Ian needs to try and learn to keep the current universe arc separate from the main comic once in awhile.

Overall 7/10

You know, I thought that while it was easy for Butler to draw the girls all weird, the only way a male could look out of place would be if it was one of the hulkers like Drago or someone.

tumblr_m9uaszIBma1rpt24t.jpg

Apparently this is not the case.

-Ian needs to try and learn to keep the current universe arc separate from the main comic once in awhile.

I have a strong feeling that such a thing is beyond his control.

I have a strong feeling that such a thing is beyond his control.

especially when you have others having push things to the side for stories that can honorstly wait after the main arc is done and over with.

I think people aren't on his back because he's effectively a Metal Sonic himself, just with a Rivals 2 paint job.

I'm surprised no one's getting mad about this:

Willthereallmetalsonicpleasestandup.png

now get angry.

Nah, I ain't gonna get mad. In fact, I strongly prefer Shard over the OG Metal Sonic, anyway...

Yeah wtf is wrong with it? in fact I wanted to see that clash! Original Metal Sonic vs. Metal Sonic Copy #10283

It was a joke, because someone got angry a while back that Archie had the gall to have it's universe be the prime universe.

I don't mind myself. I just thought of that when I read the panel and it made me laugh.

Nah, I ain't gonna get mad. In fact, I strongly prefer Shard over the OG Metal Sonic, anyway...

IT helps that Shard actually has a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think what was supposed to be wrong with it is that this somewhat original character of a Metal Sonic is calling himself superior to the precious game version of Metal Sonic, which of course is blasphemy. because nothing in the comics can ever be better than the games.

Glad to see you lot have more sense than that smile.png

Edited by Aqua Buster
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is technically Metal Sonic, and the 'recoloring' is technically from the Rivals games....so no harm no foul!

Eh, Archie something something characters whatever. If Archie wants to call their Black Metal Sonic with a Mega Buster better than their how many times rebuilt modern metal Sonic, whatever.

Ken Penders. What a prick. When people work for a company and develop things for that company and not for themselves, doesn't that make it the company's property? Ken Penders seems to think everything he created while at Archie is his property alone. I'm not familiar with the exact laws, but still...

I saw Penders' "new" Lien-Da a while back. She had on some kind of spacesuit and a blaster right out of Star Wars.

I don't really care for Lien-Da, but I think Penders is just full of it.

And...I'm sorry for the eariler posts I made. My Saturday was depressing, and it showed.

Yeah. Ken has the nerve to try and sue archie over his re colored characters and yet he bluntly put Star wars, Star Treck and X Files in the comics. I even caught him in the lie about suing that game company. First Ken said that one of his fans pointed out to him about his elements appearing in the game and that's how he found out. Then later Ken said that the game company came to him asking for his ideas. -This is very contradicting. Ken is lying through his teeth.

Just let me say that Ian is doing a great job with all the characters despite what the Sonic Stadium say or the Sonamy fans say. The characters get their shine. This whole "Sally steals the spot light business" is garbage and not true. I hope these Sonic stadium fans are reading this but I am going to put the spot light on another character for now to prove a point. "You hear that, you Sonic stadium folks!!" I see that you like Shadow. There was some pretty cool scenes that Ian put in the comic staring Shadow like when Shadow beat up Bean the duck when he found out that Bean was Sonic's enemy and told Sonic as he held the unconscious Bean, " Happy Birthday, Blue Hedgehog, I cleaned your yard for you." And my favorite moment was in Sonic Universe when Shadow was fighting Jet and Jet told Shadow, "Your slower than that snail, Sonic" and Then Shadow used chaos control and kicked Jet off his board while saying, "whoops, your too slow." I also liked the scene where Shadow was holding Snively by his last six hairs and holding Eggman by one hand at the same time and threatening them to give him the information he needed and Shadow proceeded to rip his hair out. Shadow even threw Snively's hairs back in his face and told him who he was at the end. Shadow also appeared in 3 different arcs in the main comic and he has his own arc in "Sonic Universe".

Ian and Tracy Yardly writes Sonic in the way that he should have written which is Ben Hurst style not Ken Penders and those other doofuss's. Here are some links that I want everyone to check out, http://theezekiel300.deviantart.com/art/Pro-Archie-Sonic-Sonic-has-a-heart-325299692 http://theezekiel300.deviantart.com/art/Pro-Archie-Sonic-To-the-SatAM-Purist-325466164 http://theezekiel300.deviantart.com/art/Pro-Archie-To-Sonic-Stadium-fans-and-Sonamy-fans-325467476

• Thumbs Up 1

Just let me say that Ian is doing a great job with all the characters despite what the Sonic Stadium say or the Sonamy fans say. The characters get their shine. This whole "Sally steals the spot light business" is garbage and not true. I hope these Sonic stadium fans are reading this but I am going to put the spot light on another character for now to prove a point. "You hear that, you Sonic stadium folks!!"

... Is this really necessary?

Yes it fucking is.

No it fucking isn't. Last I checked, attacking scapegoats who had nothing to pertain to the topic at hand is not necessary.

Getting back onto a nicer topic biggrin.png

what are people's thoughts on the upcoming comics; Sonic 241 and Universe 44? Personally cannot wait for the whole Nagus arc to end. Not really a fan of the secret freedom fighters but will be interested to see how they conclude it all.

Looking forward to October with the Olympics themed SU issue and SASRT tie in. With the heavy storylines it's nice ot have the little filler issues now and again!