Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

This comic has 2 Walruses in it. But I guess you mean Rotor lol

Sorry to anyone that likes them I just never got it. They're really weird in my opinion.

I really dislike the Sonic comics. What's with those dumb characters like Sally and that Walrus? What the hell? xD It's not even Sonic, darn Archie xD

So why are you even posting in this topic if you don't like Archie Sonic?
  • Thumbs Up 1

And he really isn't like his game counter part that much except for I dunno, this new "child like persona" he supposedly has and the fact that apparently he can't really be counted on to handle something alone which explains Saffron's presence.

Game!Charmy always seemed to me to be the most likely to be left to his own devices by the other two, so that's not even a similarity either (to wit, he was made to scout and collect work alone to bring back to the office in Heroes, he was made to go to a derelict island on his own to find discs in Shadow before the titular character showed up, and he was tracking the stadiums on his own (albeit the result wasn't very effective) in MArio and Sonic London 3DS).

I really dislike the Sonic comics. What's with those dumb characters like Sally and that Walrus? What the hell? xD It's not even Sonic, darn Archie xD

GUYS! Some newbie hates the comic! Better stop discussing it, and burn all our copies! :D

• Thumbs Up 4

The comics were made when Sonic in America barely had any characters, much less a concrete plot. :B You kinda have to expect new chars.

And dumb is totally subjective.

• Thumbs Up 1

1.) Makes travel seem less important or at least making a trip to Angel Island less strenuous. Sonic can crack the sound barrier, Shadow can use Chaos Control, and Eggman has teleporters. Kind of unnecessary travel that is used to make any trip to Angel Island less important. Why should Tails have a bi-plane if he can just use a warp ring. 2.) Why have a Warp Ring that just goes to Angel Island if there is any Warp Ring? I'd be okay if it just went to Special Zone with Panda Man, but there is no reason why Knuckles gets special privileges to warp ring technology and not say the GUN.

Do not compare Peter Parker and Mary Jane with Sally and Sonic. Two different setting. Two different goals. Two different mediums.

I never said that he can't have friends. Knuckles is not a constant character and his appearances or lack there of, take an entire cast of characters with him. Why are they on the damn island with him? Julie-Su has an excuse albeit a rather poor one, but Espio should be able to have other duties since he is a ninja who specializes in recon. Mighty and Ray hopefully will have a lot more freedom after the do whatever they do. Charmy and Vector are literally stuck in the damn place with him despite Vector having some mysterious issues with some place and Charmy being a king, but not really. And don't pull that ,"well they are friends so they live together" because they are still very much a combat team and people who still want to be involved in the outside world. What exactly does the Chaotix team do? Guard the Master Emerald? Something that is rarely attacked and does not need much guarding.

Dude, your blind biased mind against Sally has warped your logic. Sonic and Sally are like Spiderman and Mary Jane by default just by Sonic being the protagonist and Sally being the protagonist love interest just like the Spiderman comics. Sonic saved Tails Mina and Mighty, from Mammoth Mogul control not Sally. Sonic and Tails helped Shadow find his purpose not Sally. Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles helped save everyone after 175 not Sally etc...Sally gets the right amount of exposure. The thing about the world tour your complaining about when it comes to Eggman being a global threat, well I see it as like the Sonic video game "Sonic Adventure where you have everyone living in the main city which is "Station Square." Station Square is like New Mobotroplis where you venture out and find your missions and come back. Ian kind has done a world tour if you think about it during his run. Sonic has went on a adventure with Blaze, even though it didn't tell the full story, Sonic did travel with Shadow to one of Eggman's bases during Sonic Universe, Sonic did travel with Amy on a solo mission to Scourge's world, him and Tails did travel out to find Enerjak,he did travel to the Dragon Kingdom, He traveled with Solo missions, with Rotor to meet his family, Sonic traveled with Bunny to her uncles area, and he traveled with Sally to the cat country. Now, the main game cast is traveling to other areas. All together I think Ian balanced it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please tell me you guys are joking about the brain-damaged Charmy thing. Please.

Nope. It happenend in #176 when Eggman activated his Egg Grape on Charmy and since then, it affected his mind.

Please tell me you guys are joking about the brain-damaged Charmy thing. Please.

Sorry, but we aren't joking about Charmy's current predicament. After the events of issues #175-177, due to being Egg-Grape'd, Charmy now has the mental capacity of a six-year-old. I must admit, this wasn't one of Ian's better moves...

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry, but we aren't joking about Charmy's current predicament. After the events of issues #175-177, due to being Egg-Grape'd, Charmy now has the mental capacity of a six-year-old. I must admit, this wasn't one of Ian's better moves...

Wow.

Just...wow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude, your blind biased mind against Sally has warped your logic. Sonic and Sally are like Spiderman and Mary Jane by default just by Sonic being the protagonist and Sally being the protagonist love interest just like the Spiderman comics.

No they're not... they're really not. Peter Parker and Mary Jane are nothing like Sonic & Sally at all.

I wish we were making that up.

JNmDL.jpg

ncIqh.jpg

What's going on with Espio's chest there? It looks like he's wearing a blouse underneath his skin.

Why is he asking if he used to be purple, when he's clearly purple right there?

Espio then acts as though HE'S NOT ACTUALLY PURPLE.

DAFUQ

• Thumbs Up 2

Chameleons have a nack for changing skin color.

DURHUR REALLY

Charmy asks Espio if he used to be a color he currently is. Then Espio answers as though he wasn't purple, despite clearly being purple right there.

Because, IIRC, Espio was supposed to be of another color on that panel but the colorist didn't remember to change that.

Because, IIRC, Espio was supposed to be of another color on that panel but the colorist didn't remember to change that.

So...he was randomly another color...just to crack an unfunny joke?

Seems legit.

Thats what Charmy has been in the few panels we see of him after this when he talks. an unfunny joke. and the characters around him just kinda glance at each other uncomfortably because they don't know how to deal with Charmy now. Its rather uncomfortable and undignified even for a character as low on the totem pole as Charmy and I really wish Ian would stop acting like this is a good idea and just fix the guy because this was a stupid idea. But he won't because he thinks this "reconciles comic book Charmy with his video game counter part."

And scores Eggman another "I'm a bad guy" point.

The joke would have been funny had the colorist not screwed that up. He's supposed to be another color. Espio is basically saying "Yeah I used to be purple, Charmy. But don't you remember that I'm a chameleon I can change my color. See?" Then he's supposed to go back to being purple (I think). And it would have made sense but derp the colorist forgot to actually have him a diff color before that panel.

I think Espio was another color for a legit reason. Wasn't he on a spy mission?

Edited by Dejablue

Thats what Charmy has been in the few panels we see of him after this when he talks. an unfunny joke. and the characters around him just kinda glance at each other uncomfortably because they don't know how to deal with Charmy now. Its rather uncomfortable and undignified even for a character as low on the totem pole as Charmy and I really wish Ian would stop acting like this is a good idea and just fix the guy because this was a stupid idea. But he won't because he thinks this "reconciles comic book Charmy with his video game counter part."

For those who don't read the Archie Comics, here is a scan from #212. I found myself saying "really?" when I read this. It's just...wrong, and I don't even like Charmy. Just look at the faces the other characters make.

FgH7L.jpg

For those who don't read the Archie Comics, here is a scan from #212. I found myself saying "really?" when I read this. It's just...wrong, and I don't even like Charmy. Just look at the faces the other characters make.

FgH7L.jpg

I remember this, it's all kinds of fucked up and in complete poor taste.

No they're not... they're really not. Peter Parker and Mary Jane are nothing like Sonic & Sally at all.

I am not talking about personality. I am talking about they are similar, because Sonic is the main hero and Sally is the hero's girl just like Spiderman is the main hero and Mary Jane is the main girl. Sonic is the protagonist and Sally is the love interest. It's so simple why can't you get it. During Ian's whole run a lot of characters got there shine. And it makes sense because, with the large roster of characters that are in the Sonic comics, you have to do your best to get them all in and write about the ones fans really care about. Shadow, Knuckles, and Mina got their shine, for example.