Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It might just make things easier for him and the artists. Because the coupling and further reproduction of a hedgehog and a chipmunk makes total sense in the first place.

Li Moon's species was morphed into that of a Fox despite the fact that she was a Tiger in her first appearances.

It was never that clear what species Li Moon was in her first appearance.

That was one of the complaints about Satam and Archie Sonic is that some people didn't know what some of the animals were suppose to be.

Edited by Vampfox

Well okay

Off Topic: Aw crap I have to go back to school on Wensday goodbye summersad.png

Offtopic: Hey least you still got 3 more days left; school's tomorrow for me.

Ontopic: How did we go from Archie to breeding all of a sudden?

Edited by Enigmatus

Ontopic: How did we go from Archie to breeding all of a sudden?

M:XYL.

Should explain it all well enough.

Getting back on topic I just read Sonic Universe 43 and I'm just so happy that Geoffery FINALLY realized that Ixis is a user I can't wait to see what happens next!smile.png

I always thought Li Moon was a Red Panda in her first appearance, which would've made sense being that they were in the Dragon Kingdom which is based off China, but nope, she just had to be a fox.

Nothing like coming into this topic and finding people talking about the genetics of Sonic characters.

Yeah, the future arc is pretty bad, both of them and it screams "fanfic" more than any other arc in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't mind Ian's version of Mobius 25 Years Later mostly because stuff actually happens in his Mobius X Years Later stories. I also like King Shadow as a villain.

Penders version on the other hand is terrible. There's a space/time problem and instead of doing a good job explaining the problem he waste time telling stories about sleep overs. Cause you know when you think of Sonic the first thing that you think about is sleep overs.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah. Flynn has stated that gender equals species on Bumbleking I believe.

What does that say about Amy? Cause it kind of sounds like Amy is a dude pretending to be a girl for the purposes of seducing a herto male.

Edited by Phos

I think what Ian meant was that when different animals get together (like in the case of Sonic and Sally) all the males will be hedgehogs and all the females will be chipmunks. If Amy then had a children with, say, Vector; all the females would be hedgehogs and all the males would be crocodiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, also, whilst we're all ripping M:25YL to shreds (figuratively speaking), I need once again bring up how Penders' writing always puts the emphasis on all the wrong words.

I mean, my god, was English even the guys first language? Nobody speaks the way he writes. Seriously, try reading some of the lines from his stories putting emphasis on all the bolded words, it sounds ridiculous.

66B606F0-07E2-4CEE-B82E-B14DBF89D7AB-1388-0000009213F6033E.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Solicits are out. Not the covers, though.

"Sonic the Hedgehog #243 (W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley, Matt Herms

'Endangered Species,' Part 1. Sonic and Team Fighters have arrived at Albion, ancestral homeland of the echidnas. And it's under siege! It's up to our heroes to stop Lien-Da's forces from conquering the war-torn city. But that will be hard when Metal Knuckles arrives!"

"Sonic Universe #46 (W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Stephen Downer & Various

'All For One,' Part 1. Months ago, Mighty and Ray went on a quest to find Mighty's sister. Now the Chaotix have grown worried for their missing friends, so they're off to investigate! Will they pick up the trail in Mercia? Or will the Dark Egg Legion close our heroes' investigation early?"

Time for Aquaslash to mark stuff on his calendar.

And then pictures came.

1227248_ful.jpg

I am Aqua Buster, and I approve of these posts. Now I'm off to restart my subscription!

• Thumbs Up 1

What's the connection between Archie and Universe? I'm still early on in Archies Comics, but I just want to get this one question anwsered.

Oh, also, whilst we're all ripping M:25YL to shreds (figuratively speaking), I need once again bring up how Penders' writing always puts the emphasis on all the wrong words.

I mean, my god, was English even the guys first language? Nobody speaks the way he writes. Seriously, try reading some of the lines from his stories putting emphasis on all the bolded words, it sounds ridiculous.

66B606F0-07E2-4CEE-B82E-B14DBF89D7AB-1388-0000009213F6033E.jpg

I know, it's so akward. I can't even read this without getting the feeling that im reading some shitty, poorly written tripe made by a 12 year old girl. This story is the perfect representation of what NOT to expect from a Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. So many recolors, so much stupid stupid teen drama, so little actual plot, so many sons and daughters that have one note personalities. Man just, fuck this.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

What's the connection between Archie and Universe? I'm still early on in Archies Comics, but I just want to get this one question anwsered.

Sonic Universe contains story arcs that happen between actual events in the main comic, contain events that happen in other places that affect the main comic, or separate stories for other characters besides Sonic.

For example, Sonic Universe #2 takes place inbetween #198 and #199 the Shadow the Hedgehog Arc.

Basically, it's a extension of the main comic, sort of like the Sonic Super Specials.

Edited by Son1ctrainer

Sonic Universe contains story arcs that happen between actual events in the main comic, contain events that happen in other places that affect the main comic, or separate stories for other characters besides Sonic.

For example, Sonic Universe #2 takes place inbetween #198 and #199 the Shadow the Hedgehog Arc.

Basically, it's a extension of the main comic, sort of like the Sonic Super Specials.

Thank you! I will probably read those once I get up to date

What does that say about Amy? Cause it kind of sounds like Amy is a dude pretending to be a girl for the purposes of seducing a herto male.

Woah! Hey now, you don't want to drift too far away from the source material:

Bernie.png

• Thumbs Up 2

When you guys read the comic do you hear characters in a specific voice? Like I actually read Sonic with Jaleel White in my mind. I know that's strange but I do. And Scourge sounds like...I dunno exactly. I think the Werehog.

Woah! Hey now, you don't want to drift too far away from the source material:

Bernie.png

Lol I know sometimes its probably hard to deviate from the source material's design (in this case the Sega style) to create characters. But I just was like...Wow. This is the laziest day ever for the artist isn't it. Especially when Bernie has already been drawn before so that someone with Tracy's talent could have taken those images and created his own version. It's not like he had to fabricate Bernadette looks out of thin air. But no instead. Sonic. Dress. Wig. Wala!!!!

Because every original character in this comic has to be in Sonic Style. High risk that they come out looking like recolors is just a given. I don't count Scourge and Crew because that's an alt dimension and so Sally and Alicia are the same person technically.

And I know its an old issue and this shouldn't be held over his head. And I'm not. But its just so lulzy.

I can't even hold all the knuckles recolors against Penders. The style itself is sort of restrictive. Take too many liberties and and you might get something ugly as the end result. Everytime someone draws Sally or Knuckles with human statuesque proportions I cringe. But then he shouldn't have made so many.

Edited by Dejablue

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1780

This will save your life.

When you guys read the comic do you hear characters in a specific voice? Like I actually read Sonic with Jaleel White in my mind. I know that's strange but I do. And Scourge sounds like...I dunno exactly. I think the Werehog.

Yup.

Sonic as Roger Craig Smith

Sally as ... uh... some female voice.

Knuckles as the SA1 voice.

Bunnie, sadly, as the same Sandy the Squirrel and I haaaaaaate that. I'm wanting to break that habit because it makes me annoyed. But I can't seem to find an acceptable female southern voice that should replace her's. Even if I watch Satam.

Snively doesn't really sound as whiny as he does in Satam. It's more Rogueish to me.

Robotnik/Eggman has the modern voice. Even the older Robotnik.

Pretty much all voices are modern.

Nicole's mobian form sounds different from her computer, though.

• Thumbs Up 2