Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Dan has admitted in the past that he sucks at Sonic games. So I'm not surprised that he's never played the Sonic Riders games.

I'm kind of surprised that he hates the Scourge story arc that badly though.

Off-topic: Black colored text is sexy.

Edited by Vampfox

I think I have to agree with all these guy's points. I also bet I know which cover art will be considered the worst this year... *stares at Greg Horn art*.

@Vampfox

It's also annoyingly hard to read.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah question, who is this guy and why should we care what he thinks?!

If he didn't even know that the babylon story was lifted from the Riders games then he shouldn't even be paid attention to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Drazen's fanfiction is great and he does make some salient points in reviews but I increasingly found his reviews to be very hard to take seriously when he actually made parallels between Issue 167's second story and the death of Princess Diana, tried to sound like an authority on british pronunciation and failed utterly by claiming that St John is pronounced "Sinjin", had an almighty bitchfit over 138 when Sally broke up with Sonic and then went on to claim time and time again that he despised the comics yet kept reading and reviewing them.

Edited by Vertekins

I read a lot of his reviews, and he just seems to be way to fucking harsh most of the time. And as Verte said, makes really far fetched parallels with other works.

Edited by Soniman

I actually dont mind Julie Su at all, but the concept of Soultouch was such a wonderfully stupid concept that promotes nothing but lazy writing.

Personally I like Julie-Su. I just don't like the way that Penders used Soultouch to explain why she has feelings for Knuckles.

Instead of trying to develop Knuckles and Julie-Su and build a real relationship between them Penders just pulled Soultouch out of his ass and called it a day, and that's just plain bad writing.

Julie-Su, she's so underdeveloped that it's hard for me to give a damn about her, seriously outside of being Knux with a vag and his main squeeze, what is so important about her?

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys are annoyed he didn't play the Riders series? You should be happy for him! :0

He didn't have to play the game. Aren't there at least 2 or 3 Sonic the Hedgehog related wiki's he could have checked out before hand? I know about Sonic games that I never actually played. Heck I just watched all the Sonic 06 cutscenes on YouTube. That's the only way I found out how the game ends.

Vampfox that black text is completely unreadable. Unless you're using a different forum skin or something. I hurt my eyes trying to read it.

I know Julie-Su has a ton of history. But like someone else said I don't really remember any of it. But to me she doesn't come off as a bad character. She's probably one of those characters that doesn't need to be developed all that much in the first place. To answer Ragna. She isn't important. But not import an does not equal bad.

Edited by Dejablue

I know Julie-Su has a ton of history. But like someone else said I don't really remember any of it. But to me she doesn't come off as a bad character. She's probably one of those characters that doesn't need to be developed all that much in the first place. To answer Ragna. She isn't important. But not import an does not equal bad.

Ya know, if she was a minor character without much connection to the plot then I'd be ok with this, but considering she's meant to be the partner to one of the main characters don't ya think she should have a bit more to her as a character?

She's Knuckles' true and honest sweetheart.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

I think that had Ian been in on this comic from the start Julie wouldn't even be here. She's sort of a product of Pender's fascination with confusing plots. And from what I can remember confusion is the main emotion I get from the whole Echidna civilization side plot. Which is probably one of the main reasons Ian decided to just kill them all.

Ya know, if she was a minor character without much connection to the plot then I'd be ok with this, but considering she's meant to be the partner to one of the main characters don't ya think she should have a bit more to her as a character?

Yes but......I honestly cannot think of anyway to develop her past the point she's at now. Well other than yelling at her sister some more.

Edited by Soniman

Yes but......I honestly cannot think of anyway to develop her past the point she's st now. Well other than yelling at her sister some more.

*sigh* This is why characters like her don't need to exist, and I blame Penders mainly for this, but I also question why Ian keeps her around. To use an analogy someone else used, she's like a party guest who doesn't know when to leave.

Hm, didn't Julie-Su once had something to do with the Dark Legion, or am I misremembering things?

It's not like she's hogging the spotlight or page time. So why not? For the most part under new management she's been a background/support character. You're not supposed to get major character development out of those. You're not supposed to to expect ground breaking story arcs around them either. But supporting characters is all a part of world building and there isn't anything inherently wrong with her or her relationship with Knuckles. The SoulTouch thing in theory is stupid.

But from my understanding of how Julie Su and Knuckles finally hook up, they had pretty good development anyway. Knuckles didn't like her and Su 'just kinda liked him' then they fell in love later on. So it's not as blatant a plot device as everyone thinks. But still, SoulTouch could easily be written out and forgotten. And it probably has.

Edited by Dejablue