Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It just hit me that if Bunnie and Antoine can have cyborg children, so can Sonic and Sally. If Sally regains her free will, but stays a robot, then Sonia and Manic would cyborgs in this timeline, possibly with Iron Man Repulsor Blasters. It would make more sense for them to be joking about "roboticizer beds" this way, since it's hard to be scared of roboticizers when you're half robot on your mother's side.

It just hit me that if Bunnie and Antoine can have cyborg children, so can Sonic and Sally. If Sally regains her free will, but stays a robot, then Sonia and Manic would cyborgs in this timeline, possibly with Iron Man Repulsor Blasters. It would make more sense for them to be joking about "roboticizer beds" this way, since it's hard to be scared of roboticizers when you're half robot on your mother's side.

... That makes ZERO sense. At least Bunnie still has her womb, and presumably the rest of her reproductive track (I remember reading that she would need to in order to stay alive in that form. Can't remember the reason why. Also, she obviously still has a sex drive, as demonstrated by her sly exchange with her hubby in Tails Adventure). A full Robian, though? LOLWUT?

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

... That makes ZERO sense. At least Bunnie still has her womb, and presumably the rest of her reproductive track (I remember reading that she would need to in order to stay alive in that form. Can't remember the reason why. Also, she obviously still has a sex drive, as demonstrated by her sly exchange with her hubby in Tails Adventure). A full Robian, though? LOLWUT?

Has it been stated somewhere that Bunnie still has her organic womb? My apologies if that sounds sarcastic, what I sincerely mean to say is that I could very well have missed something, as I haven't read every issue. I'd assumed Bunnie was fully mechanical below the waste, but maybe she's just stuck with what's basically metal underwear?

I'd also assumed that Bunnie's kids inherited their parts from her, but I suppose it's possible that they weren't born with certain limbs, and had the robot parts built for them afterward.

Edited by Blazey Psychounicorn

From what I've heard off Ian, she still has the parts (or mechanical equivalents...*shudder*) and the babes were born with cyborg limbs.

However, we can't be certain that Robians have the same sort of functionality.

Yeah, I was thinking that Robians(Or half Robians) had "micro-factories" that replaced reproductive functions, and probably worked through some kind of nanotech. But I guess it's not canon, or is questionably canon. Thanks for discussing this, at any rate, guys, it's interesting debate despite the odd subject matter. ^_^

It's unknown how Bunnie had kids in the alternate future.

It may be possible that she somehow manage to get derobotized, but theirs really no way to tell.

And let's remember that Scarlet Bunnie is from an completely alternate reality, so she problemly might haver never been Robotized in the first place.

Really it's too hard too tell what happens with Bunnie in the Mobius X years world, course some things are better left not anwsered.

Oh jeez. The whole babies-born-half-robot thing just makes zero sense. I always wtf'd at that whole thing. How does that even work?

Then again, that question could be applied to pretty much anything Sonic'verse, so... ^^;;

• Thumbs Up 1

How does that even work?

Well, when a mummy and daddy love each other very much, they go to the shed out the back and bring out the heavy duty tools...

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm reminded of that Silverhawks sketch from Robot Chicken.

"Hit me in the crotch with this hammer!"

Thank you for your input, by the way, Dante. ^_^

Edited by Blazey Psychounicorn

Okay look, I made a mistake, but I said Ken, because people associate him with those stories.

The fact is, people are sick to death of what many, if not some are looking at as the same ol crap. Their sick of it. Fans have agreed that all three had/have good potentional, but don't show it that much, except for certain times or issues or storyarcs.

Some feel, that the comic needs a "CM Punk Pipe bomb" shot in the arm with a new writer being brought in, while Ian works on Sonic Universe, Mega Man, Mighty Crusaders, etc.., that's how some feel about it and that's why this question was first asked at

satamsonic.com

Okay look, I made a mistake, but I said Ken, because people associate him with those stories.

Those kids were born with robot limbs? Did he really say that. I always thought the rational thing to think was that cyborg parts became commonplace in the future. Since Robotnik, and the Legion, and Knuckles' future eye...

Those kids were born with robot limbs? Did he really say that. I always thought the rational thing to think was that cyborg parts became commonplace in the future. Since Robotnik, and the Legion, and Knuckles' future eye...

... Yeah, I really hope Ian resumes Ask Ian soon, cause this shit just won't fly :/

WE, TEH PEOPLEZ, NEED ANSWERS!

As far as I know Ian has yet to give a reason for why Bunnie and Antione have kids with robotic parts.

However maybe they got NIDS and had to be partially roboticized to save their lives.

Bunnie's Moebius counterpart Buns developed NIDS at the base of her spine, and it's possible that Bunnie would have developed NIDS if she hadn't been halfway roboticized.

Now, onto far more importent, and far less uncomfortable matters: When did Scourge find the time to file his teeth like that? Seriously, talk about killer kanker sores wacko.png

@The Real Darth Sonikku

There Can Only Be One Darth Sonikku! ph34r.png

Riiiiiiiight...

While your all debating how cyborg bunnies have sex and how their offspring have robotic parts, IGN released a small preview of issue #230 yesterday:

http://comics.ign.co.../1211174p1.html

It has Genesis spoilers in case your not caught up.

EDIT: while i was reading a discussion on issue 229, i came across this:

arclist.png

Its from an ad about Sonic Universe. According to this, theres only 12 arcs left. did Archie plan for Universe to be only a short runned comic?

Edited by goku262002

That's still 80 issues in total, and enough stock for about four years worth of Universe. I wouldn't call that short by any means.

12 more arcs? That's a lot of time for new material. I mean by then they might start up another side series. Sonic X was only 40 issues.

Received 230 the other day, actually liked it quite a bit. Off to find the variant cover! (which you can actually by in comic shops).

That's just an ad. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

As long as Sonic Universe keeps making money Archie will keep making it.

Edited by Darkfox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else notice how Sonic and Shadow have the same pose in that little table

Also with 12 arcs left, who has an idea of whats to come?

Im betting on a Metal Sonic arc, a Chaotix arc, a Big arc (for ze lulz) and maybe even an Eggman Nega arc or Zonic arc

I want a proper Suppression Squad arc, one that follows up on the cliff-hanger we were left with for them after Scourge was sent back to the No Zone. It probably isn't going to happen, despite the fact that the Suppression Squad have a good amount of fans, simply because other characters have more fans and that's fair enough. But I can hope and dream.

So if Evil Tails is called "Miles Prower," does that mean regular Tails has to legally change his name to "Tails The Fox" to avoid being confused with a known criminal? The paperwork for this sort of thing must be a nightmare.

I think the whole denizens-of-different-dimensions thing is probably a get-out clause for that =P

I actually do like the names that the various Moebians took to be differentiated from their Prime counterparts.

Anti-Sonic takes a completely new name, drawing away from his speed and putting emphasis on his anarchistic and pervasive character.

Anti-Tails ditches the nickname and takes Tails' (and his) actual real name in an odd 'evil-doppelganger-recolour-has-more-claim-to-the-name-than-Prime-character' twist.

Anti-Sally chooses to be known as Alicia, prime Sally's middle name.

Anti-Amy takes on Amy's old name of Rosy the Rascal, in another odd stealing-of-old-aliases type of deal.

Anti-Rotor becomes Boomer, again an old name of the Prime character.

Anti-Antoine becomes Patch, becoming the token 'named after an obvious physical attribute' since Miles won't play that game.

Anti-Bunnie is simply Buns, a short and simple nickname, more similar in both name and character to her Prime counterpart, perhaps because she left the Squad and therefore didn't need to change much.

Anti-Robotnik is called Kintobor, a simple reversal of spelling and another throwback.

Anti-Knuckles is... still... Knuckles? I forget now. I just remember that he's a pacifist with a hat. Lol.

Anyway, yeah. I just kinda feel that these characters, recolours and alter-egos though they may be, had quite a bit of thought put into them, and at least hold the potential to be well-developed.

• Thumbs Up 1